• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been hit a couple times with 13% HST, plus 18% duty, plus a courier brokerage fee ($10-15). Not pleasant. The 18% applies not just to English shoes, but to any shoes not made in Canada or the US.

But in each case that was for a package shipped via courier. I always specificy delivery by trackable post if given the option - and my success rate of have no duties OR taxes assessed is better than 80% when shipped by that method. Probably closer to 90%.

70% duties hit a couple of times. I've finally had it and told my forwarder to ship everything to my Aussy home where I have to make an 8 hour flight just to pick up Greg's stuff. You guys have it way better...

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a board short... you can adjust the waist by pulling on the strings a bit more and moving the scratch a little. I don't think there is such a thing as not finding your size for swim trunks :)

Not sure, did you mean scratching the little moving bits, by any chance?

Clearly, you've never gone bikini shopping.
Lol. Very obvious shortfall.

I always have such a hard time finding a bikini that properly accentuates my curves.
a tankini comes to mind ... (won't post pic, just google it)
i recently cut the mesh lining out my swimming trunks, i found it to be quite uncomfortable.

then again, my trunks are 15 year old floral A&F trunks. which i love, and i have posted pics in on this very website if not in this thread.

For the life of me I'm so glad I missed that post. I cannot get the picture of 15 year old mesh out of my head right now. A great many thanks, stitch.

I own a pair of "board shorts" from Onia and they lack the mesh. I believe the style is meant to be this way. Might have to do with utility when surfing, but I don't have any actual experience there.

Last season was my first in al fresco shorts. Big advantage is that the sand floating in the surf (aka waves) doesn't get collected in the mesh, or around other bits, but flushes right through. Quite liberating, literally.

lets just say, if you are free-balling, you need to be mindful of your leg placement when you are seated.

Lolz ... a tapered leg yelps a lot there.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

For the life of me I'm so glad I missed that post. I cannot get the picture of 15 year old mesh out of my head right now. A great many thanks, stitch.  

lol, the mesh was not posted. just a pic of me in my swimming suit.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
by all means, please give me the link or post whereabouts and I shall have a look and get back to you with my most sincere fit critique.
nod[1].gif

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Knowing Stitch, he kept the mesh in a scrapbook with his other memories of that day. ;)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont have the link. If I'm not mistaken I posted it for July 4 of last year and WAYWRN. You are welcome to find it for me.

No, mouse. I threw it away!

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to retire for today, wife is hollering already. But I shall be back and commence the search tomorrow. Stay tuned and be prepared to feast your eyes ... (just a word of warning to the public)

And with you, JrM, we just know he kept it somewhere. ;)

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at some point in the near future I am going to post some comparative photos, but I just received my second Inglese (the tattersall) and wanted to give some brief thoughts on the comparison between Inglese and Mazzarelli.

I have always been a big proponent of the Mazzarelli shirts. For the price point, I found them unbeatable considering the fabric and the construction. Well, I just received one of the $225 Inglese shirts (~$200 with SF discount), and holy hell, it blows the Mazzarelli shirts out of the water. The buttons are attached with much better stitching and are substantially more secure, the button-holes are neater, the shoulder is pleated and gives more of that eye-talian look, the collar is absolutely gorgeous, and the cut I find to be very similar, perhaps a bit more snug. Mazzarelli, at its price point, was a steal. The $225 Inglese shirts are nothing short of a robbery.

Also, the linen Rotas are awesome. They are absurdly light, yet still feel sturdy. They breathe really nicely as well. Big fan. The linen is surprisingly soft.

ezlau

Reaction score
I have one of the $225 G.Inglese shirt too and I do agree that they seem to be a better deal than the Mazzarellis.

However, I should mention that the $225 G.Inglese are different from the $300 in terms of the additional handwork (handstitching under the collar stay, shirt placket etc). After trying on a G.Inglese shirt with all those handwork, any other shirts just pale in comparison (I've been spoiled) :embar:

EDIT: correction. Either way, both G.Inglese ($225/$300) are pretty awesome for the price point.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The sleeves attachment is done by hand on the Giovanni Inglese shirts (the same way as the G. Inglese hand-made shirts). That's pretty much the only major hand-made part of the shirt (there's a few little details here and there too).

Asian Afro

Reaction score

Also, the linen Rotas are awesome. They are absurdly light, yet still feel sturdy. They breathe really nicely as well. Big fan. The linen is surprisingly soft.

Do they wrinkle much? I'm tempted by the brown pair.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have one of the $225 G.Inglese shirt too and I do agree that they seem to be a better deal than the Mazzarellis.

However, I should mention that the $225 G.Inglese are different from the $300 in terms of the additional handwork (handstitching under the collar stay, shirt placket etc). After trying on a G.Inglese shirt with all those handwork, any other shirts just pale in comparison (I've been spoiled) :embar:

EDIT: correction. Either way, both G.Inglese ($225/$300) are pretty awesome for the price point.

I agree--the $300 shirts definitely have more hand work--but to be honest, I am not really the most hand-work on shirts obsessed. I agree with your general sentiment though. At $225 / $300, there is no better option in my humble opinion.

I find the $225.00 shirts to be better made than Barba / Finamore, which retail for far, far, far north of $225, at least @ retail.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Do they wrinkle much? I'm tempted by the brown pair.

They certainly wrinkle. I am going to have to get back to you on specifics though. Any comment I make now will be premature.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks! Just wondering whether they'd wrinkle too much for a business casual office.

I work in a business casual office, and I think that they will be fine. But my office is definitely on the casual end of business casual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads