• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ (a.k.a. I shouldn't have slept on it)

Dusty Heaters

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I occasionally have moments of that cling between my OTC wool socks and my flannel or corduroy pants. It almost always corrects itself quickly. The only time I’ve run into real problems is with a pair of pants that taper too much below the knee for my preference. I have taken to wearing shorter socks with that pair of pants and it reinforced my preference for less taper.

Hmm, mine don’t seem to shake off with movement and my Rota’s are the NMWA standard fit. Like you, with crew length socks, they’re fine...but with the Sozzi cotton OTC’s they do this. :confused2:

E3824C47-D680-4786-8059-3605FF87AD6C.jpeg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would drive me nuts! I would bet your calves are larger than mine or your Rota are a size down from mine.

Becon

Reaction score
Thanks! Purchased from NMWA 2 or 3 seasons back. It's a great washed out blue to deviate from the readily available navys you often see.

Please tell me where I can find a thick shawl cardigan available in navy. They seem maddeningly rare this season.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a ton. Two or three times more than the other colors. Yet they sell fast.

We still have most sizes of the GRP navy shawl cardigan but it's a lighter option than the S&C

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not really. Didn't seem that anyone was interested in cashmere at a price that didn't result in us losing money. I think we still have a couple of the 6-ply cashmere rollnecks... Sadly, cashmere had been commoditized by fast fashion and few people are willing to pay what good cashmere knits are worth, when they see Uniqlo stuff for $19.99 (or whatever nonsensical price they sell stuff for now)

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really. Didn't seem that anyone was interested in cashmere at a price that didn't result in us losing money. I think we still have a couple of the 6-ply cashmere rollnecks... Sadly, cashmere had been commoditized by fast fashion and few people are willing to pay what good cashmere knits are worth, when they see Uniqlo stuff for $19.99 (or whatever nonsensical price they sell stuff for now)

If you have any of the 6-ply in a size that fits me, I’ll pay you a price that results in you making money. I wear my navy one all the time. Here it was Friday:

6D09CFBD-DED9-46F0-BB6D-A3D072256C4D.jpeg

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I have no idea which side is front and which is back. There isn’t a single tag or marking in the sweater. The detailing at the shoulder is asymmetric from front to back and I just rotate how I wear it so it will take twice as long to wear holes in the elbows. I very well may be wearing the sweater backwards in the picture above.

Bonus authenticity points, this sweater arrived to me with a knitting needle attached to the final stitch of yarn along the neck. It was tied off and complete, the knitter just left the treat for me.

edit: after looking at my other S&C cashmere crew neck, I'm definitely wearing this one backwards in the photo.

Last edited:

Beav

Reaction score

Maybe could pre orders be arranged so you don't have to bring in stock that may not move? I remember deciding against that cashmere pre order when you did it years back as my son was just born and I was focused on other things. I regret not pulling the trigger on what would have been the best piece of clothing I'd own!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndavid20224