or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Teeth Whitening
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Teeth Whitening - Page 2

post #16 of 85
<----- Dentist Get some custom made trays and some 10-14% carbamine peroxide from your dentist. Here in Canada this should cost you $350-500; I imagine the cost is similar in the US. Don't get suckered into anything else.
post #17 of 85
Maybe Notreknip is my dentist -_- It's kind of ridiculous/annoying how my fathers insurance covers literally unlimited dental work for me at the best dentist in the city and I only go a few times a year for cleaning, yet it wouldn't cover anything related to tooth whitening.
post #18 of 85
I would suspect the customization procedure is just like fitting a plastic mouth guard for sports. Ie.e, You heat up the plastic tray in hot/boiling water so it is very pliable, then you put it in your mouth and suck the excess water out. By sucking on the pliable tray it form-fits to your teeth. I think then you send in the form to a lab and they create a tray based on that mold you just made. Add bleach/gel and wear... If that's the process, it's easily do-it-yourself for the mold creation process.
post #19 of 85
Great, the site is Canadian friendly too. Thanks for the info
post #20 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notreknip View Post
<----- Dentist

Get some custom made trays and some 10-14% carbamine peroxide from your dentist. Here in Canada this should cost you $350-500; I imagine the cost is similar in the US.

Don't get suckered into anything else.

Is this pretty much the same thing you use?
post #21 of 85
that gel shit is for pussies. can't tolerate a little pain? laser whitening is the the only way to go. it lasts longer and you don't have to mess with the annoying trays
post #22 of 85
Has anybody tried those $20 Rembrandt trays they sell at Wal-Mart? If they're really as amazing as I think they should be, then I'd give them a try. But $20 seems kind of cheap for a product that should do wonders. I just use Arm & Hammer toothpaste with the whitening booster. It's really slow but my teeth really are white after using it. I heard that my sister's old high school chem teacher brushed his teeth with just baking soda. And his teeth were really white.
post #23 of 85
I bought a pack of the Crest Whitestrips about a month ago, and used it about 4 times so far (4 individual packs, not 4 complete boxes). I actually noticed whitening of my top row, the bottom row was harder to wear and to get the strip to stay in place, and a tooth that sits back a little bit is not being whitened as well as the rest.

They're not uncomfortable, just take a little maneuvering to put on, and then you have to reposition them if the slip around during the hour you're supposed to wear them. No tbad for $25 or however much they were
post #24 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredfred View Post
I would suspect the customization procedure is just like fitting a plastic mouth guard for sports. Ie.e, You heat up the plastic tray in hot/boiling water so it is very pliable, then you put it in your mouth and suck the excess water out. By sucking on the pliable tray it form-fits to your teeth. I think then you send in the form to a lab and they create a tray based on that mold you just made. Add bleach/gel and wear... If that's the process, it's easily do-it-yourself for the mold creation process.
No, it's a real mold. They send you a two-part putty that you put on your teeth to make the mold, then you ship it back to them and they make two sets of plastic trays. Then I just buy Opalescence 30% (you can use 15% or so if you want) carbamide peroxide off Amazon. $350-500 is way too much. I think I spent $120 for stuff just as good as what a dentist would charge because there was no labor cost or markup. Over the counter whitening kits have a very weak carbamide peroxide solution and I found them to generally be crap. EDIT: don't know Canadian prices. I'm using US dollars.
post #25 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeitaloud View Post
Maybe Notreknip is my dentist -_-

It's kind of ridiculous/annoying how my fathers insurance covers literally unlimited dental work for me at the best dentist in the city and I only go a few times a year for cleaning, yet it wouldn't cover anything related to tooth whitening.

Makes sense to me considering it's cosmetic in nature.
post #26 of 85
Ok, I'm going to test why's approach. Look for a results post in late January. thanks for the info
post #27 of 85
Are the custom trays notably different in feel compared to the boil-and-bite mouthguard-style versions?
post #28 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyJ Maduro View Post
Are the custom trays notably different in feel compared to the boil-and-bite mouthguard-style versions?

They're 10x better. I can talk with them in (for what it's worth in case I have a phone call or something), they don't waste paste and they don't get paste all over gum tissue.
post #29 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
Very white. I was really surprised by the difference since other products worked like shit. It was night and day.

Best thing I ever did for myself. A good smile goes such a long way.

Do you get your whitening product from them as well? Which do you use?

I've had good luck with Crest white strips in the past, but would be reluctant to continue using them.
post #30 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by why View Post
They're 10x better. I can talk with them in (for what it's worth in case I have a phone call or something), they don't waste paste and they don't get paste all over gum tissue.

Exactly. They are a great investment. They are far more effective.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Teeth Whitening