Lol, Good find! Happy now?!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 1:23 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 10/22/16 at 2:28pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on 9/21/16 at 2:20pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 5549post #83221 of 13872810/28/13 at 12:41pmpost #83222 of 13872810/28/13 at 12:48pm
Plus these....you don't have to comment! I am just trying to jump on the bandwagon of TJX awesomeness.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #83223 of 13872810/28/13 at 12:50pmQuote:Originally Posted by tben
Plus these....you don't have to comment! I am just trying to jump on the bandwagon of TJX awesomeness.Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Holy shit! Where did these come from as in these came out of the cuts!!! Where were these Jack Spades denim made in? They look very tapered.
Edited by barrelntrigger - 10/28/13 at 1:02pmpost #83224 of 13872810/28/13 at 12:55pmpost #83225 of 13872810/28/13 at 1:13pmpost #83226 of 13872810/28/13 at 1:21pmpost #83227 of 13872810/28/13 at 1:38pmQuote:
Oh wow! Ring spun selvedge by Jack Spades?! That's pretty cool! I've never seen these. Shoot, I put them in the freezer for at least 4 days to a week on any of my thrift finds. Is it your size?post #83228 of 13872810/28/13 at 1:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by tben
Yeah, posted this last week, no one cared.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
That is certainly a nice find, and cheaper than the black label ties I've seen at Marshall's and Maxx around here. See below for my expanded reasoning... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Upscale Outlet Store:
-vast selection, a guarantee
-prices are usually cheaper than TJ Maxx when it comes to shirts, blazers, sweaters, coats, etc.
-hit or miss
-when there is something good, there's not much, if any selection of colors or patterns
-prices, except for the occasional grail tie, are usually higher than last call
I remember someone posting pictures of some Kiton ties they found at TJ Maxx for either $29 or $39. That's an awesome deal, but the ties weren't particularly attractive, and the chances of finding a bunch of Kiton ties at a TJ Maxx on any given day is extremely slim. If I wanted a Kiton tie, I'd rather have 75 different ties in various colors and patterns to choose from and pay $65-70 and get exactly what I want. I'd probably make up the difference in gas when you consider how many TJ Maxx trips it would take to yield any Kiton tie (I've never seen one), let alone something in a staple pattern in mint condition. I've seen Tom Ford blazers at Last Call cheaper than Z Zegna at TJ Maxx.post #83229 of 13872810/28/13 at 1:49pmQuote:
Yeah, got them at TJ Maxx for a song. Do you literally just fold them up and put them in the freezer? Or put them in a freezer bag or something?post #83230 of 13872810/28/13 at 1:57pmpost #83231 of 13872810/28/13 at 2:33pmWow! New Lobb boots for $40?!?!
Beautiful shirts! Very interesting to see something made by them other than tailored clothing.
Today was an ok day. Nothing for me.
Donna Karan Collection handbag. Knew this was a nice bag when I picked it up, but had no clue retail was around $2,000! Used one of my 50% off coupons on this one. Paid $7.50
Shoes for the wife (or someone else's significant other if they don't fit)
Recent Canali white texture stripe dress shirt. 17 x 35post #83232 of 13872810/28/13 at 2:37pmQuote:
I rarely see anything notable at TJMaxx around here, but saw some Jack Spade button downs for $39 the other day. MSRP $165. For realz? They are made in China (and feel like it).post #83233 of 13872810/28/13 at 2:46pmpost #83234 of 13872810/28/13 at 2:49pmpost #83235 of 13872810/28/13 at 2:51pm
You want to see nice stuff in TJ Maxx you go to the one in NYC on 6th Ave. between 18th and 19th. They have what they call the Runway. Pretty much all the big names are there in quantity. I don't think I saw Brioni but they had all the more famous big brands. Gucci, Armani, Dolce & Gabbana, Ferragamo, Versace etc. I found an Armani collezioni blazer there for 80.
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 58 seconds ago
- › Oak Street Bootmakers 3 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 14 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 16 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 18 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...