or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 4270

post #64036 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

you see environmental degradation and human rights abuses - i see people eating in a country where decades earlier mao starved 40 million. it might not be fast enough progress for you, or as aesthetically pleasing as some would prefer, but it is nonetheless progress. fact of the matter is china is full of millions of unskilled workers that have jobs thanks to our ipads. if you want real answers, look at the chinese government and the undisclosed remninbi basket, lol.

2. gilded age america, some of the SEZ's in china you could argue for, singapore to an extent, america still to a certain degree, australia isn't bad depending on the angle you're coming at it from, i mean a true free market has really never been tried for an extended period of time. esp. since in the global economy you are dealing with massive impediments to free trade every where you look, and barriers masquerading as "free trade" laws / pacts, so there is a lot of market distortion. obviously there are many differing views on this

Well, when Nixon took us of the gold standard in 1972....ah, fuck it! Here's my finds.

Everything is available except for the Kiton. I wish all my posts here would have that sentence nod[1].gif

PRL Made in Italy FF pants. A little lighter than charcoal? 35Wx 31.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Samuelson Medium Bwn Suit. 43S. Tag sez waist is 37 and it feels like it but haven't manually measured.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

RLPL L/S shirt, tagged 16.5 x 36. Made in England. Sorry about the pix but it's a greyish check with some purple stripes in there.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brioni and J Press tiez. Cherry popped on the Brioni. That hanging gold chain stay is cool. I had passed on a brioni tie once before with a run right down the middle. I remember that day well baldy[1].gif


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Brioni shirt with french cuffs. tagged 16.5 L. white w/faintish stripes.



Remember when I said I was passing on all full cut shirts for myself. I lied. I made an exception for this one. Slight bit of fraying on cuffs so I will try the reverse cuffs trick. Not that dire yet, though.


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice Mops. Check out those handsewn buttonholes!
Resume your discussion of the Bretton Woods agreement...
post #64037 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

Yeah, I mean, some people here are lawyers. No way thrifting Robert Graham is worse than that.

What about a lawyer with half a dozen Robert Grahams in his office closet in anticipation of putting on the 'bay? shog[1].gif
post #64038 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazye View Post

Dudes, I found a Crombie Chesterfield today. Double breasted, peak lapel, charcoal herringbone with a velvet collar, in a 38R. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Fits like a fucking glove. The wife's out of town with the computer again so no pics until Sunday night, but let me tell you, it's awesome! nod[1].gif
Y U NO 42R??
FIND ME WUN, K?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadBoy View Post

Yeah, I mean, some people here are lawyers. No way thrifting Robert Graham is worse than that.

If it keeps us from debating politics. you can make all the lawyer jokes your tiny, hopefully law-abiding heart desires.
post #64039 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Face View Post

Jkidd, if you make it up here, lemme know. We'll hit the thrifts and record stores!

My mom lives in Findlay...ever make it to Finders Records in BG? It was a sad day when the one in Findlay didn't reopen. Spent alot of money at that store (along with Frickers)
post #64040 of 125254

Wow... crazy political arguments and I'm not involved. Will wonders never cease?

 

Hit one store tonight. Only came home with a minty PRL olive cord button down shirt for me.

 

Left a couple BB navy blazers, one a 6x2 DB. A little worn and didn't feel like dealing with them. I wish I could have found the pants to go with the vintage 50's-60's BB flannel jacket there. It was alternating navy / dark gray stripes and had the thin high lapels like Mad Men. I figured it had to be an orphan, right? Also, anyone know anything about Evisu Heritage jeans? Horribly ugly, but I thought they were supposed to be good. Not selvedge, though.

 

Also left this... anyone recognize it? Really weird padding built in

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EDIT: Looks like this is an Aegix A1 Protective jacket for snowboarding, etc.

 

 

 I was also thinking of seeing if I could clean the stains off the front of this... Someone spilled coffee or coke on it. Says something about genuine westernwear.

post #64041 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

Quick question...does anyone have any madras (bleeding or otherwise) ties laying around? I'm about to buy one, but if someone here has something, I'd rather pay you.

yes yes I do, vintage j press

post #64042 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

I was also thinking of seeing if I could clean the stains off the front of this...

If you really like it, you could throw it in a pan and overdye it brown. If others like your brown sweater, they'll lean in close, and the pattern will leap out at them, BOOM!.
post #64043 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnwes View Post

Couldn't resist.....

Thrift Fit (Click to show)


So what will the eBay title for that be? "AMAZEBALLS ROBERT GRAHAM KNOWLEDGE WISDOM TRUTH INSANE COLORS EYE BURNINATION"
post #64044 of 125254
11 pages of posts? you make me go through 11 pages of posts for Charlie M? You make me pop an eye out of your head for that?
post #64045 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

 

 I was also thinking of seeing if I could clean the stains off the front of this... Someone spilled coffee or coke on it. Says something about genuine westernwear.

even with the stain it is ebay $$$$$ in the fall or you know you could always proxy if it is a medium or large :)

post #64046 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post


 I was also thinking of seeing if I could clean the stains off the front of this... Someone spilled coffee or coke on it. Says something about genuine westernwear.




i think those are actually worth a bit on ebay. might wanna check it out
post #64047 of 125254
If we're done with the Economics lesson, maybe now is a good time to point out that gun deaths in the US since Newtown have just topped 2,000.
post #64048 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyfud View Post

If we're done with the Economics lesson, maybe now is a good time to point out that gun deaths in the US since Newtown have just topped 2,000.

don't you dare start another derailing...

post #64049 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Erickson View Post

don't you dare start another derailing...

I somehow missed the first gun discussion and I didn't want to miss out on all your enlightened opinions!
post #64050 of 125254
Quote:
Originally Posted by grendel View Post

Wow... crazy political arguments and I'm not involved. Will wonders never cease?

Hit one store tonight. Only came home with a minty PRL olive cord button down shirt for me.

Left a couple BB navy blazers, one a 6x2 DB. A little worn and didn't feel like dealing with them. I wish I could have found the pants to go with the vintage 50's-60's BB flannel jacket there. It was alternating navy / dark gray stripes and had the thin high lapels like Mad Men. I figured it had to be an orphan, right? Also, anyone know anything about Evisu Heritage jeans? Horribly ugly, but I thought they were supposed to be good. Not selvedge, though.

Also left this... anyone recognize it? Really weird padding built in


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)












EDIT: Looks like this is an Aegix A1 Protective jacket for snowboarding, etc.


 I was also thinking of seeing if I could clean the stains off the front of this... Someone spilled coffee or coke on it. Says something about genuine westernwear.


That sweater is the find of the day in this thread (in my "humble" opinion).., medium?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread