or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1831

post #27451 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

The lapels on those SAB's kind of suck. Wide and low gorge = no bueno
...
Bah! if it fit me and I had them I would rock them. Hell with SF approval.
post #27452 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post


Bah! if it fit me and I had them I would rock them. Hell with SF approval.


Absolutely! I find trendy thin lapels much worse. 

post #27453 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by catside View Post

^Get all! The Press alone will pay for the rest.

Explain please, what is "Press" acronym for?

Makes no sense the way I read it. The way I read it, it looks as though pressing the jacket will pay for the rest of the jackets puzzled.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawz View Post


Perhaps I confused you with someone else. I dont remember seeing that pic you are talking of

DigMeNow, maybe? He found a cardigan at Macy's not long ago (I think - I'm not a stalker) and posted the pic on (I believe) this board (or, the 'Jeans with a Tie?' board).
*wonders now if Dig is a furry, hence the confusion*

I read at breakneck speed through all the threads on SF, bound to confuse posts. Probably this comment was meant for WAYWRN thread, no idea though. Ignore me if I post something completely irrelevant / unrelated laugh.gif
post #27454 of 113223
biggrin.gif

469
post #27455 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Explain please, what is "Press" acronym for?
Makes no sense the way I read it. The way I read it, it looks as though pressing the jacket will pay for the rest of the jackets puzzled.gif
I read at breakneck speed through all the threads on SF, bound to confuse posts. Probably this comment was meant for WAYWRN thread, no idea though. Ignore me if I post something completely irrelevant / unrelated laugh.gif

J Press
post #27456 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Explain please, what is "Press" acronym for?

J. Press, a northeastern trad company. Sack suits, blue blazers and whatnot. They make good stuff.
post #27457 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Explain please, what is "Press" acronym for?
Makes no sense the way I read it. The way I read it, it looks as though pressing the jacket will pay for the rest of the jackets puzzled.gif

Third jacket is a J Press Presstige line Donegal Mist tweed. Bay value is anywhere between 70 to 200. With this condition closer to above. Had a long day?
post #27458 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

J. Press, a northeastern trad company. Sack suits, blue blazers and whatnot. They make good stuff.

Good, as in Paul Stuart / Brooks Brother good? I will google them, have not heard of this brand.
post #27459 of 113223

From how I understand it, they're tops for Trad stuff.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post


Good, as in Paul Stuart / Brooks Brother good? I will google them, have not heard of this brand.


 

post #27460 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klobber View Post

Good, as in Paul Stuart / Brooks Brother good? I will google them, have not heard of this brand.

Say that on the AAAC Trad forum and they might shoot you.
post #27461 of 113223
Hit up quite a few stores today:
Zelli Crocodile loafers x2
NWOB Allen Edmonds Monticello
Allen Edmonds Key Largo
Santoni black tassel loafers
Polo Ralph Lauren lug sole casual shoes

Recent Zanella super 120's
Recent Zanella flat fronts
Recent Zanella single pleat
Recent Zanella double pleat
Recent Incotex for Zegna
Apparently never worn Hickey Freeman custom tan wool pants
NWT Willis & Geiger bush poplin pants

Wah Maker western band collar shirt
Vintage Baracuta harrington jacket
Mint Miu Miu sweater
Recent Canali navy blazer
NWT ACNE F/W 11 sportcoat

NWT Brooks Brothers tie
Isaia for Neiman Marcus tie
Oxxford tie
post #27462 of 113223

Your teases are the best.  MOAR NOW MOAR - THE PEOPLE DEMAND IT!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by amadar View Post

:D
469


 

post #27463 of 113223

Picked up 3 pairs of Zanellas, but they're all too big.  SA tagged them 36, which might've worked, but they're bigger.  Probably 38, pleated, houndstooh pattern.  If anyone's interested, I'd be happy to pass along at cost + shipping.

 

Also found some AWESOME mustard FF BB cords, but they're a 41.  Anyone wanna rock these?

 

Passed on some coats, because they were too big.  Let me know if you're interested, as I'll be going back tomorrow.

 

Lord & Taylor English made, DB (50R?)

 

photo 2.JPG

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

photo 2 (4).JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 4 (4).JPGphoto 4.JPGphoto 1 (3).JPGphoto 3 (4).JPG

 

 

 

Pendleton US Made tweed 44

photo 3 (3).JPG

 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

photo 3 (2).JPGphoto 1 (2).JPGphoto 2 (2).JPGphoto 4 (2).JPGphoto 4 (3).JPGphoto 5.JPG

I'm going to hit the outlets tomorrow to see what gems might be hiding there.

post #27464 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Hit up quite a few stores today:
Zelli Crocodile loafers x2
NWOB Allen Edmonds Monticello
Allen Edmonds Key Largo
Santoni black tassel loafers
Polo Ralph Lauren lug sole casual shoes
Recent Zanella super 120's
Recent Zanella flat fronts
Recent Zanella single pleat
Recent Zanella double pleat
Recent Incotex for Zegna
Apparently never worn Hickey Freeman custom tan wool pants
NWT Willis & Geiger bush poplin pants
Wah Maker western band collar shirt
Vintage Baracuta harrington jacket
Mint Miu Miu sweater
Recent Canali navy blazer
NWT ACNE F/W 11 sportcoat
NWT Brooks Brothers tie
Isaia for Neiman Marcus tie
Oxxford tie


bounce2.gifWow

post #27465 of 113223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainy View Post

Hit up quite a few stores today:
..
Recent Canali navy blazer
..

Is this 54 R by any chance?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread