Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami,... Last post on Today at 5:57 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- The Editorial thread Last post on 4/25/16 at 7:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit (Yohji Yamamoto Thread) Last post on 8/20/16 at 4:04am in Streetwear and Denim
- The official list of online stores Last post on Yesterday at 3:28 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Summer sales 2016 - All the stuff that's fit to buy - codes, updates, etc... Last post on 7/1/16 at 12:12am in Streetwear and Denim
The Styleforum Holiday sales guide - 2015
Last edited: 12/26/15
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales ListLast edited: 12/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Page 1480post #22186 of 1387281/3/12 at 8:35ampost #22187 of 1387281/3/12 at 8:40ampost #22188 of 1387281/3/12 at 8:41ampost #22189 of 1387281/3/12 at 9:16amFound a pretty beat up D'avenza today. Pity, as it was quite nice.
Ended up buying a YSL Rive Gauche cashmere DB navy sportcoat. Unvented, so I'm guessing it's a bit old. Cashmere shows a bit of wear, but a beautiful piece. Size 44ish. Is anyone familiar with RG makers? From the tag, Zegna maybe?post #22190 of 1387281/3/12 at 9:16amSo in an effort to try and finally figure out where all the stuff at my Marshall's is coming from I was hoping we could play a tag identity game. Does anyone recognize this price tag? I'd say 90% of the awesome stuff at my Marshall's have this same tag attached. Some were saying Barney's is off-loading to them. Others say Wilkes Bashford. Hopefully someone will recognize and confirm.
So, any ideas?post #22191 of 1387281/3/12 at 9:42ampost #22192 of 1387281/3/12 at 9:50ampost #22193 of 1387281/3/12 at 10:01ampost #22194 of 1387281/3/12 at 10:08am
The specific/detailed knowledge of people here never ceases to amaze me. You all can recognize store tags.Quote:
Quote:post #22195 of 1387281/3/12 at 10:29amQuote:Originally Posted by Ace_Face
Yeah, I only did a little research, but I think this is one of the lower value ones. It is a manual wind (which I actually like) and I think it may be gold plate rather than solid gold. But until I take it to my jeweler to take a look, I don't really know much about it. It appears to be unworn, started right up when I wound it and is keeping good time so far. There is an inscription on the back: "Presented to SL McLish to honor his 30th anniversary with Standard Oil Company of California Family - May 1974" The two chevrons on the watch face I believe are the Stardard Oil logo. Anyway, a couple of pics:
I doubt I will keep it, so if anyone is particularly interested, PM me.
A gold watch is something men earned after years of service, so strange the man left it in the box, and on top of that the fact it ended up in a thrift store for 8$. These are the sorts of finds I yearn for. And Standard Oil is/was a pillar of the Oil industry, this watch is all sorts of awesome. I believe Standard oil became 'Chevron'.Quote:Originally Posted by Man Of Lint
Just surfed this site. These guys are near you possibly?
thanks!Quote:Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
Okay, I guess this is a brag thread as I expect to make a profit but this is, shall we say, off the sartorially beaten path. Just a reminder that you don't have to be willing to wear it.......Picked these up earlier this week:
Affliction jeans - I just don't think they are me....
Good as new Diesel 100% genuine leather jeans. If these were my size I would still be in the basement with them on playing every Poison song I know on the guitar but fortunately they do not.
Which brings me to my question. I came across an unusually nice wool/cotton A&F zip up with a strange tag. It seemed to new too be from the glory days of A&F and too nice to be run of the mill. Does anyone know if this has any particular value?
The AF is nice, but not anything particularly special. That was a standard tag in the mid 2000's.post #22196 of 1387281/3/12 at 10:36ampost #22197 of 1387281/3/12 at 10:46amDid a little thrifting while traveling over the holidays. I picked up these two fantastic shirts yesterday in Louisville (sorry, O!), both from the same donor.
The Isaia is tagged 17/43, measures to ~37 in the sleeves. The Robert Talbott Estate Bespoke is the nicest Talbott you've ever seen (or at least I've ever seen). Certainly on par with the Isaia. No tag, but measures to 17 x 35, double button cuff, super thick MOP buttons. I wish the Talbott was my size.
Both are available. I'll be listing them in B&S later.
Nice thrift story: My wife and three daughters were with me in the thrift store in Louisville. An older woman approached my wife, complimented my daughters' behavior, said she had been very blessed in life and reached out a $10 bill, telling my wife to buy the girls each a pair of shoes. Now we didn't think to rub dirt on their cheeks or anything before we went in, so I don't think they looked particularly needy. My wife refused the money despite the woman's insistence. She eventually handed the $10 to my 5-year old daughter (who will take money from strangers, apparently) and walked off.
The $10 more than covered the shirts above. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)(^Joke. My wife was already buying them shoes and other things. The shirts were purchased from my Paypal account.)post #22198 of 1387281/3/12 at 10:52ampost #22199 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:09ampost #22200 of 1387281/3/12 at 11:11amQuote:
What was the original retail price on the Luciano Barbera? I've got 3 I picked up in a thrift that are gonna go up on the bay when I can post items again
This thread is locked
- The official thrift/discount store bragging thread
- Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker 1 minute ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 17 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 17 minutes ago
- › Jackets & Blazer clearance! Engineered Garments, Haikure, Manuel... 20 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 31 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 46 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 52 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 58 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding