Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:10 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 1383post #20732 of 333083/13/13 at 5:25pmpost #20733 of 333083/13/13 at 10:06pmpost #20734 of 333083/13/13 at 10:16pmpost #20735 of 333083/14/13 at 12:24ampost #20736 of 333083/14/13 at 3:30amQuote:
Definitely white and light blue broadcloth to wear with tie, and then your blue OCBD for more casual use. Check Charles Tyrwhitt (www.ctshirts.co.uk) or TM Lewin (www.tmlewin.com) for cheaper shirts, or Brooks Brothers on sale.post #20737 of 333083/14/13 at 4:39amHi! I am looking to put together a good capsule wardrobe for my husband who has just lost 14kgs. Would like to include business wear, a good suit, formal shoes, a sport coat and some shirt alternatives - all preferably made to measure. Am I missing anything? Can a kind soul point me to relevant threads that give info on brands, people and places to go? TIA!post #20738 of 333083/14/13 at 4:52ampost #20739 of 333083/14/13 at 6:45ampost #20740 of 333083/14/13 at 6:46amQuote:
Get 2x solid light blue, 1x solid white. All broadcloth/poplin, button cuff, with non-buttondown collar (e.g. medium spread).post #20741 of 333083/14/13 at 8:54ampost #20742 of 333083/14/13 at 12:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by dgsdm
A friend of mine has his birthday coming up soon and I'm looking to spend with a budget of $100, preferably around $50. I wanted to buy him something menswear related like a tie or a dress shirt. Any suggestions/recommendations? Nothing particular in mind, I'd just like the present to be some kind of quality classic menswear.
He's not exactly the most fashionable person so I'd like to introduce him to some good stuff.
Stick with accessories if it is a gift. There is nothing more embarrassing than getting something that is either too big or too small, so a tie is probably the best bet. A navy grenadine is the safest but use your judgement for color or pattern (just dont get something that is too kitchy and stay away from yellows). For a hair bit more than $50 brooks brothers has a few decent options in their sale section. For $80 you cant go wrong with a custom made tie by Sam Hober (http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/) although it does take a few weeks. And for $100 your options are much greater. But, FYI, most of my ties I bought off of ebay for $50 and less. Look up quality makers like Charvet, Isaia (for thicker 7 folds), EG Cappelli, Marinella, Drakes and you cant go wrong (just dont buy anything that is damaged or stained).post #20743 of 333083/14/13 at 1:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by eqcitizen
Stick with accessories if it is a gift. There is nothing more embarrassing than getting something that is either too big or too small, so a tie is probably the best bet. A navy grenadine is the safest but use your judgement for color or pattern (just dont get something that is too kitchy and stay away from yellows). For a hair bit more than $50 brooks brothers has a few decent options in their sale section. For $80 you cant go wrong with a custom made tie by Sam Hober (http://www.samhober.com/grenadine-fina-solid-ties/) although it does take a few weeks. And for $100 your options are much greater. But, FYI, most of my ties I bought off of ebay for $50 and less. Look up quality makers like Charvet, Isaia (for thicker 7 folds), EG Cappelli, Marinella, Drakes and you cant go wrong (just dont buy anything that is damaged or stained).
ditto to the ebay route. i jsut started doing this and as long as you know what to look for, there's some really nice deals to be had buying once used ties and such.post #20744 of 333083/14/13 at 3:21pmpost #20745 of 333083/15/13 at 3:21am
Hi guys, I´ve got a little problem here and I need your help.
I took my suit and a blazer to the dry cleaners two days ago and I went to pick them up yesterday. Since it was only a few minutes till closing time unfortunately I didn´t check the result + I thought everything went well. Unfortunately at home I realized that on my Bianchi blazer the white stain didn´t vanish, even though I specially drew the cleaner´s attention to it. I´ve got the impression that they just simply treated my stuff without stain removal. Unfortunately I don´t know the origin of the stain because I bought the blazer just recently but my guess is (and it looks like) that it´s sweat salt.
My question is whether I should attempt to remove it at home with a safe method like gently rubbing with a warm cleaning rug or something similar or it would be better to take it back to the cleaners and ask them specifically to treat only the spots? If it is manageable at home, what method do you suggest? I don´t want to ruin it so I´m asking those with some experience. I´m quite upset because I didn´t expect this after "professional treatment".
In the attachment I´m posting one picture from the inside, one from the outside, and the label with the info.
Thanks very much!
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 10 minutes ago
- › NIB Vass P2 mid brown suede OLD ENGLISH II, size 45 (trees incl.) 11 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 19 minutes ago
- › CARUSO blue Heringbone Sportcoat Size EU 48 Loro Piana Wool-Cashmere 28 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 30 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 34 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 34 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 35 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...