Yes, grab it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 2:45 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 905post #13561 of 333273/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #13562 of 333273/15/12 at 10:06pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-ALLEN-EDMONDS-FIFTH-AVENUE-BROWN-SZ-10-5-C-WORN-ONCE-/290682252261?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43ae032be5
is this a good price for a pair of AE?
I'm a size 10 in most shoes, will the 10.5D run too big? I really like the color. Trying to match it with a navy suitpost #13563 of 333273/15/12 at 11:10pmpost #13564 of 333273/15/12 at 11:44pmI am honestly curious, is there a tailor in the Bay Area that understands what is this so called "styleforum approved" dress code for MC?
I would definitely be interested in paying he or she a visit as I have a small amount of alterations to be made and would like their input.
Or are the tailors only as good as the individual who details what they specifically like the way their suit/trousers fit?
Would really like to walk up to the tailor and be like "Hey Styleforum, you know?--Yeah please give me that type of cut/tailoring job please"
Any regulars on this side of the forum could give me some suggestions to think about where to hit up next?
It sounds like I'm asking for an interview and a foot in the door to some exclusive tailor...post #13565 of 333273/16/12 at 11:28ampost #13566 of 333273/16/12 at 11:34ampost #13567 of 333273/16/12 at 12:12pmI've got a pair of cashmere lined leather gloves that are losing their lining. The leather is beautiful and broken in, aging well. The gloves were not particularly fancy, maybe ~$80 US. Is it possible to have them re-lined for <$40? I'd like to take care of them and keep them a few more years.post #13568 of 333273/16/12 at 9:07pmpost #13569 of 333273/16/12 at 11:09pmpost #13570 of 333273/16/12 at 11:22pmQuote:
If that's what you've got, showing respect is far more important than any traditional dress code. I'm sure the family would just be grateful you're there. White shirt and as conservative a tie as you have, of course.post #13571 of 333273/17/12 at 4:00ampost #13572 of 333273/17/12 at 4:06amQuote:This is perfectly in good order. Just as you have mentioned there is no need to spend heavily neither would it be wise atall to go for a cheap suite that leaves you regreting. Your presense matters most here, and a nevy white chino is a perfectpick for the occassion.post #13573 of 333273/17/12 at 10:39am
I have an artistic question, and I'd love some input:
I have commissioned a bespoke black suit - 2 button, single-breasted, flat-front, slim but not skinny. I'm a part-time musician, and I'll use this suit for my gigs and maybe also for parties/going to the opera/etc.
It isn't a tuxedo, and I don't want to pretend it's a tuxedo, so I'm thinking I should inject a little flair into the suit. I've considered putting contrasting stitching on the cuff buttons, or contrasting thread underneath the double-vents. Thoughts? I don't want to be too ostentatious; I just want to add a little sprezz to maximize the bespoke benefits and to show that I'm not pretending it's a tux.
Any opinions/suggestions about this would be much appreciated.post #13574 of 333273/17/12 at 11:40amQuote:
I like the cut of your jib, young man, but I wouldn't do that specifically. Some of the things I'd consider doing to personalize it a bit would be:
post #13575 of 333273/17/12 at 1:36pm
- Some sort of pocket configuration that you wouldn't normally find on a formal-ish suit.
- Wider lapels. (actually, I always do this anyway...)
- An extremely loud patterned lining.
- Go 1-button.
- Or do nothing unusual to the suit, but wear it with a really interesting pocket square.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Japanese Online Stores Proxy Service ZenMarket.jp - Official... 3 seconds ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 56 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 5 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 5 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...