Yes, grab it.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 1:50 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 905post #13561 of 334483/15/12 at 9:56pmpost #13562 of 334483/15/12 at 10:06pmhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/STUNNING-ALLEN-EDMONDS-FIFTH-AVENUE-BROWN-SZ-10-5-C-WORN-ONCE-/290682252261?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item43ae032be5
is this a good price for a pair of AE?
I'm a size 10 in most shoes, will the 10.5D run too big? I really like the color. Trying to match it with a navy suitpost #13563 of 334483/15/12 at 11:10pmpost #13564 of 334483/15/12 at 11:44pmI am honestly curious, is there a tailor in the Bay Area that understands what is this so called "styleforum approved" dress code for MC?
I would definitely be interested in paying he or she a visit as I have a small amount of alterations to be made and would like their input.
Or are the tailors only as good as the individual who details what they specifically like the way their suit/trousers fit?
Would really like to walk up to the tailor and be like "Hey Styleforum, you know?--Yeah please give me that type of cut/tailoring job please"
Any regulars on this side of the forum could give me some suggestions to think about where to hit up next?
It sounds like I'm asking for an interview and a foot in the door to some exclusive tailor...post #13565 of 334483/16/12 at 11:28ampost #13566 of 334483/16/12 at 11:34ampost #13567 of 334483/16/12 at 12:12pmI've got a pair of cashmere lined leather gloves that are losing their lining. The leather is beautiful and broken in, aging well. The gloves were not particularly fancy, maybe ~$80 US. Is it possible to have them re-lined for <$40? I'd like to take care of them and keep them a few more years.post #13568 of 334483/16/12 at 9:07pmpost #13569 of 334483/16/12 at 11:09pmpost #13570 of 334483/16/12 at 11:22pmQuote:
If that's what you've got, showing respect is far more important than any traditional dress code. I'm sure the family would just be grateful you're there. White shirt and as conservative a tie as you have, of course.post #13571 of 334483/17/12 at 4:00ampost #13572 of 334483/17/12 at 4:06amQuote:This is perfectly in good order. Just as you have mentioned there is no need to spend heavily neither would it be wise atall to go for a cheap suite that leaves you regreting. Your presense matters most here, and a nevy white chino is a perfectpick for the occassion.post #13573 of 334483/17/12 at 10:39am
I have an artistic question, and I'd love some input:
I have commissioned a bespoke black suit - 2 button, single-breasted, flat-front, slim but not skinny. I'm a part-time musician, and I'll use this suit for my gigs and maybe also for parties/going to the opera/etc.
It isn't a tuxedo, and I don't want to pretend it's a tuxedo, so I'm thinking I should inject a little flair into the suit. I've considered putting contrasting stitching on the cuff buttons, or contrasting thread underneath the double-vents. Thoughts? I don't want to be too ostentatious; I just want to add a little sprezz to maximize the bespoke benefits and to show that I'm not pretending it's a tux.
Any opinions/suggestions about this would be much appreciated.post #13574 of 334483/17/12 at 11:40amQuote:
I like the cut of your jib, young man, but I wouldn't do that specifically. Some of the things I'd consider doing to personalize it a bit would be:
post #13575 of 334483/17/12 at 1:36pm
- Some sort of pocket configuration that you wouldn't normally find on a formal-ish suit.
- Wider lapels. (actually, I always do this anyway...)
- An extremely loud patterned lining.
- Go 1-button.
- Or do nothing unusual to the suit, but wear it with a really interesting pocket square.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 14 seconds ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs Goat Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 13 minutes ago
- › Grant Stone - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 14 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...