or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc - Page 719

post #10771 of 17564

It "Throwback Thursday (c)" and today we are really taking it back to an altered AE universe. The Park Avenue has not always been the classic cap toe balmoral we all know and love, nor has it always been on the good ole 65 last. Back in 1971, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and disco was just a few years away, the Park Avenue was on the Belgium last and it was a plain toe single monk (watch and shoe trees not included.) Yes, this beauty was available in Black Llama Grain calf and something called Teak-Burr llama grain calf. So I'm not sure if it was made from a cow or a Llama, not is it clear what color Teak-Burr represents. So if you stumble upon the old Park Avenue in the wild you will know what you have discovered.

 

 

And best of all...AE had moved forward to embrace the technology of an answering machine to accept orders 24 hours a day.

 

post #10772 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfdoc View Post

It "Throwback Thursday (c)" and today we are really taking it back to an altered AE universe. The Park Avenue has not always been the classic cap toe balmoral we all know and love, nor has it always been on the good ole 65 last. Back in 1971, when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and disco was just a few years away, the Park Avenue was on the Belgium last and it was a plain toe single monk (watch and shoe trees not included.) Yes, this beauty was available in Black Llama Grain calf and something called Teak-Burr llama grain calf. So I'm not sure if it was made from a cow or a Llama, not is it clear what color Teak-Burr represents. So if you stumble upon the old Park Avenue in the wild you will know what you have discovered.


Maybe the Park Avenue would still be a monkstrap if they had thought to sell it in oxblood and navy!
post #10773 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post

Just wait til you pass the 20 pair threshold. That requires some major sole searching.

I see what you did there.

Yeah, I'm at 9 for the year (15 overall), and have at least 2-3 more I want in the next couple months. My justification is that I wear dress shoes 5-6 days per week- I don't have a problem, I have one helluva rotation icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll stop at 20. Maybe.
post #10774 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by peppercorn78 View Post


Just wait til you pass the 20 pair threshold. That requires some major sole searching.

Barnweasel describes enablers, not the victims haha! Though in most cases one can be both things.
Actually I don't, with the exception of my natural cordovan dundees. But I'm not sure that counts.

I did have a walnut Rutledge and walnut Dalton, but I sold both. I find the color too flashy for dressy occasions for my personal style. However, my wife keeps pointing out walnut AEs to me when she sees them, telling me I need to get a pair for navy suits (ffffuuuu.gif)

I know, active encouragement? Go figure...


Tell me about it!  It's addictive!  

post #10775 of 17564


Another fail at Nordstrom Rack. I saw these Neumoks for $110 but not my size..
post #10776 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



Another fail at Nordstrom Rack. I saw these Neumoks for $110 but not my size..

 

 

90D?  Boy you really have huge hands.

post #10777 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post



Another fail at Nordstrom Rack. I saw these Neumoks for $110 but not my size..


Jesus with these NR posts - how do you guys find all that stuff there.  I'm lucky if I see anything other than Gordon Rush or Borletto.

post #10778 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange fury View Post


I see what you did there.

Yeah, I'm at 9 for the year (15 overall), and have at least 2-3 more I want in the next couple months. My justification is that I wear dress shoes 5-6 days per week- I don't have a problem, I have one helluva rotation icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I'll stop at 20. Maybe.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTexter View Post
Tell me about it!  It's addictive!  

I remember saying the exact same thing about hitting 20 - then the BCF thing came along and with all that momentum I managed to get up to 52 in a relatively short amount of time.

post #10779 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post


Jesus with these NR posts - how do you guys find all that stuff there.  I'm lucky if I see anything other than Gordon Rush or Borletto.

I have like 5 around my area lol. I one time found a pair of first quality brown Cornwallis shoes in 9.5E. Guess the price.. $170!! Crazy! Unfortunately they weren't my size either
post #10780 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 

 

 

I remember saying the exact same thing about hitting 20 - then the BCF thing came along and with all that momentum I managed to get up to 52 in a relatively short amount of time.


BCF?

post #10781 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newberry View Post




I have like 5 around my area lol. I one time found a pair of first quality brown Cornwallis shoes in 9.5E. Guess the price.. $170!! Crazy! Unfortunately they weren't my size either


I've picked up a pair or two but not a cheap prices!  Like $199

post #10782 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 

 

 

I remember saying the exact same thing about hitting 20 - then the BCF thing came along and with all that momentum I managed to get up to 52 in a relatively short amount of time.

 

 

 

 

Oh GOSH!  I want them all.  Those new ones are so tempting!  St. Johns, Alumnus, Neumok 2.0, Acheson Suede, Exchange Place, Liverpool, all winners! 

post #10783 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyMiddles View Post

I don't know if the back of the leather is becoming more supple or if the back of my heels are becoming more robust. I used Saphir Renovator on the part of the leather that tore up my heal (to help in removing the blood stains) and I think that it has started to soften up the material. Today's wearing experience is far more pleasant than the previous 2 times.
Mine took 3 wears to stop the pain on the back of my heels as well.
post #10784 of 17564
Quote:
 

 

 

 

 

I also find it hard to believe these are on the 511 last. They fit a little more like my Randolphs, a little tight near my pinkie toes. I thought I had more room in the Dundees I tried on.

 

They seem to be built on the 73 last.  They are indeed not on the 511.  

post #10785 of 17564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo1 View Post
 

 

 

I remember saying the exact same thing about hitting 20 - then the BCF thing came along and with all that momentum I managed to get up to 52 in a relatively short amount of time.

You're a monster.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc