• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trendy/modern t-shirts/shirts/sweaters in Medium tall?

greatfire

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having a heck of a time trying to find shirts in a medium tall size. I should be more specific, I'm having a problem finding GOOD shirts in a medium tall size. I'm not a big fan of the old-man-looking eddie bauer stuff.

Does anyone know where I can find shirts in this size (especially t-shirts, as I've yet to find a medium tall t-shirt). What about polos? I went to ralph lauren's website, but the smallest their polos go is large tall, which is a bit too big for me.

Thanks!

greatfire

Reaction score
6'1" --160lbs -- 33" waist.

The problems are my arms. They are incredibly long for my height. I get tall sizes somewhat for the length, but mostly for the SLEEVE length, especially in short-sleeved t-shirts.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
What? I'm 6'1, 165 lbs, and I fit into H&M mediums just fine. Your arms can't be THAT long, you're probably self-conscious for no reason.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apocalypse later
What? I'm 6'1, 165 lbs, and I fit into H&M mediums just fine. Your arms can't be THAT long, you're probably self-conscious for no reason.

You probably have short arms. Or short shirts. The average person who is 6'1" should be closer to a large for US market shirts.

I'm 6'1" and can't always fit into a large. I usually go L-T, or just 16-36.

It really depends on your gorilla index.

J Crew has L-Tall and M-Tall, although I don't have any - I preferred dress shirt sizing.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
You probably have short arms. Or short shirts. The average person who is 6'1" should be closer to a large for US market shirts.

I'm 6'1" and can't always fit into a large. I usually go L-T, or just 16-36.

It really depends on your gorilla index.

J Crew has L-Tall and M-Tall, although I don't have any - I preferred dress shirt sizing.

J Crew's talls start at L, not M, afaik. Banana is the only one I know who does M-T.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
J. Crew now has some shirts in medium-tall online, joining Gap and Banana Republic.

brimley

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andrew V.
J. Crew now has some shirts in medium-tall online, joining Gap and Banana Republic.

I can't find any on their website. Mind pointing one out?

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'2, 175lbs, 31w and have similar problems...

AA tshirts are pretty long, I can usually do an AA medium as long as I remember to never dry it.

Also, the APCxMadras shirts that came out this Summer have exceptionally long sleeves and a fitted body. I bought a medium and probably should have gotten a large and dryed it once.

itskub

Reaction score
Hi
im about 6'3", 38" chest, 31" waist. H&M Medium tshirts are WAY too short for me. someone on the board recomended trying on Womens American Appareal, which i did, but it looked WEIRD.
which leads me to GAZZARRINI, you can find them occasionally at Daffy's or on Yoox.

a Medium is perfectly long enough of me. it has the length of an normal XL tshirt, but the body width of about 38" or 39". they arent too cheap, but ive rotated the hell out of a WHITE Tshirt atleast once a week this entire summer, and its still nice and wearable. (no curling up or shirnking at all)

hopefully theyre long sleeves have the same measurements as their short sleeves:
http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/GAZZAR...s/searchResult

stephen

Reaction score
The *only* T-shirts I've found that will come close to fitting me (6'5", 33w, 40 chest) are the Gap "fitted stretch Ts" in Medium Tall. http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...236&pid=278803 I get compliments when I wear these. As much as I hate it, they're only offered in black / white / gray. Like most here, I'd love to be stylish and creative, but it's hard when nothing else works! Fit precedes style. My arms are actually too long for M-T long-sleeve offerings. Some of the Gap / BR casual M-T shirts will work with sleeves rolled up a bit. All of my dress shirts are now custom tailored. The M-T sweaters from BR stretch enough to fit well. Try some of their silk blends... pretty reasonably priced and fit snuggly. I've found J-Crew & Eddie-Bauer stuff to be baggie even if it is M-T. I'm curious about Gazzarinni... any other experiences with them? I'd love to find something aside from Gap / BR that actually works! C'mon -- I have a model's build! Why isn't there anything for me to wear!!??

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anybody know the chest and waist measurements of either or both of the M-T and the L-T Tall short-sleeve original-fit repp pique polo?

this is the one:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat230108

it's a catalog/internet item only, so i'm hoping somebody has it and can let me know how it fits.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads