The Annual Styleforum Gives Holiday Charity Auctions
100% of proceeds Benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Of all the many traditions we all have, this is the one of which I am most proud. We are holding auctions of items donated by retailers and designers, 100% of the proceeds to go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities (rmhc.org), which helps to house and feed the families of children who must travel for medical treatment. During the holiday season, illness and being away from the comfort of home is especially stressful, and I love that we can help. in a small way. alleviate some of this stress.
Last year, we raised over $16K over the course of the month. Please bid generously and helps surpass this. There are some terrific items donated already, and we are expecting more donations to roll in as the season rolls in. Each auction will take 24 hours, starting as close to 10 a.m. PST as I am able to make it, and ending the same time the next day. All auctions will start at 50% of the retail price.
Here is the schedule as we have it, so far.
1) Saturday, Dec 6 9 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 7. 9.a.m. - Linjer donates a Soft Black Briefcase, retail $489, current indiegogo value at $399
2) Sun, Dec 7 9 a.m. - Monday Dec 8. 9.a.m. @Kent Wang custom suit, valued at $795 made-to-measure suit and details page. If the winner wants to upgrade the fabric, they may at cost. For international bidders, Styleforum will cover the additional shipping charge.
4) Tuesday, Dec 9 9 a.m. - Wednesday Dec 10. 9.a.m. @HonourMark Blue British Motorcycle jacket, retail at $1095. (I don't own this, but I own a vest. It's really nice, and some of my favorite retailers who saw me with it really liked it.)
5. Wednesday, Dec 10 9 a.m. - Thursday Dec 11. 9 a.m. No Man Walks Alone's @gdl203doncates a Calabrese leather weekender + Drake's scarf (winner's choice) and a pair of Dore-Dore wool/cashmere socks. Total retail value about $1000
6: Thursday Dec 11. 9 a.m.- Friday, Dec 12, 9 a.m. Fine men's accesssories from Exquisite Trimmings:
Bespoke tie + gloves (love me some peccary gloves) + (Colombo) cashmere scarf
7. Saturday, Dec 13, 10 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 14, 10. a.m. A winter package from Shoepassion.
The winner will receive a pair of boots (he can choose from among four shoe models (up to 309€ = 390$)), a matching belt (69€ = 85$), and a pair of shoetrees (29,90€ = 35$), as well as shoe wax (12,9€ = 16$), shoe polish (12,9€ = 16$), sole edge dressing (4,95€ = 6$), and a soft cotton cloth (2,5€ = 3$). Retail value: $548 (USD)
8. Sunday, Dec 14, 19.a.m. - Monday, Dec 16, 10 a.m. A bespoke Tweed jacket from Molloy and Sons or Porter and Harding cloth by
9. Monday, Dec 15 10 a.m. - Tuesday, Dec 16, 10 a.m. Yellow Hook Tie a Camel Vicuna/Cashmere number, from Yellow Hook Neckties, with a retail value of $299, donated by our own @NewYorkIslander
I personally love these:
12. Thursday, Dec 18. 10 a.m - Friday, Dec 19, 10 a.m.
MTO Edward Green shoes or boots (standard, non-exotic leathers only) from @Leaves of Skoaktiebolaget. I will be bidding on these. I can already see my Galways on a gunboat last that I will wear with my long winter coats. Sorta the fancy version of a member of the Night's Watch.
14. Saturday, Dec 20, 10 a.m. - Sunday, Dec 21, 10. a.m. A pair of MTM shirts from CEGO shirtmakers, our own, inestimable @Shirtmaven. 2 custom made shirts. value up to $500 Pick from any in stock fabric except Alumo, Mother-of-Pearl buttons.
shirts will be made in Our NYC workroom.. Any style cuff, collar, etc, is permissible.
The winner would have to be measured in NYC.
15: Sunday Dec 21 10 a.m. to Monday Dec 22 10 a.m. Eidos and @NickPollica are graciously providing a MTM sportscoat in any of their Group 1 fabrics.
16: Monday, Dec 22 10 a.m. to Tuesday, Dec 23, 10 a.m. Holiday package from Bespoke England, @Nick A details to follow.
18. Saturday, Dec 27, 10 a.m. to Monday, Dec 29, 10 a.m. "Gentleman's casual dress" package from The Armoury, approximate retail $1901:
+ Ettinger Hurlingham overnight bag
+Lock&Co. flat cap:
In addition to all of this, @SpooPoker is donating 10 mn% of the total revenue from this Luxeswap auctions from this week in our name, to the cause. Thanks man!
Thanks guys. Get your pennies and paddles ready, and let's make this a success for a really great charity.
P.S. If you bid and win at a hammer price of over $1K or the retail price of the items, you may be granted the special title of "Alpha-M".