• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Arm Bands.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For my 10,000th post, I feel this is appropriate. Does anyone wear armbands, such as those made by Albert Thurston? No, not our SoCal2NYC's Thom Browne armbands but these:
AT1.jpg
Now, I don't have my shirts custom-made so the sleeves can sometimes present something of a problem under jackets.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've seen them here at the Tie Rack and though about as I have 3 shirts that were bought with the wrong sleeve lenght ( too long )...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf
I've seen them here at the Tie Rack and though about as I have 3 shirts that were bought with the wrong sleeve lenght ( too long )...

How interesting--the Tie Rack here in the U.S. sells middling quality women's scarves and ties.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, Here they sell obviously ties but also many interesting objects I buy when they do their annual sales.

I have many bow-ties, silk braces, printed scarves, a pair of silk formal scarves ( one black one white, great for white/black tie ), two sided printed silk/wool scarves, novelty cuff-links and tie bars, novelty socks, bought for cheap...

However I haven't seen the armbands for sale yet. But they are not so expensive... around $30 I think

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
damn

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
For my 10,000th post, I feel this is appropriate.

Does anyone wear armbands, such as those made by Albert Thurston? No, not our SoCal2NYC's Thom Browne armbands but these:

AT1.jpg

Now, I don't have my shirts custom-made so the sleeves can sometimes present something of a problem under jackets.

I bought a pair once but my arms are 18" around and I nearly popped them. Also there's the risk you damage your suit sleeve lining.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the New York Times, some members of the Bangkok police department may be wearing certain armbands.
07kitty.jpg

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I've only ever seen these on the women at my office. Then again, it must be said, that I am the only man in long sleeves. We won't even discuss wearing ties/jackets/shoes with laces.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I wouldn't wear those, but if I did it would be on a shirt sleeve not a suit sleeve and ideally I'd be dealing cards and wearing a visor.

Those Old West ones seemed to look like lace garters.

The Albert Thurston ones are for wearing on a shirt sleeve. It would be odd wearing mesh things on a suit jacket sleeve.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Does anyone wear armbands, such as those made by Albert Thurston? No, not our SoCal2NYC's Thom Browne armbands but these:

AT1.jpg

I have the same exact pair. I wear them whenever necessary.

juniper

Reaction score

AT1.jpg

I wear them whenever needed, unless it's summer (too hot), or I know I'll be taking the jacket off (looks goofy).

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do they really help that much when your shirt sleeves will be in a jacket anyway? What is their primary purpose, to hold the sleeves tighter or to hold them up higher?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics