Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- All you need to know about Pitti Uomo -- @dirnelli adds to SF's coverage of Pitti 86 Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:33pm in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 7:37 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread Last post on Today at 8:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Paul Stuart expands and relocates their shoe department Last post on 7/21/14 at 7:50am in Classic Menswear
- Eidos Napoli Last post on Yesterday at 4:50 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 244post #3646 of 107147/20/14 at 6:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3647 of 107147/20/14 at 6:53pmpost #3648 of 107147/20/14 at 7:14pmpost #3649 of 107147/20/14 at 7:28pmpost #3650 of 107147/20/14 at 8:13pmpost #3651 of 107147/20/14 at 9:44pmpost #3652 of 107147/20/14 at 9:50pmQuote:
I need to figure it out. I have no one to take pictures so I have to resort to the damn shameless mirror picture. Anyone have any advice? I tried off the laptop but the quality is even shittierpost #3653 of 107147/20/14 at 9:58pmThread Starterpost #3654 of 107147/20/14 at 10:03pmQuote:
As should be apparent from my recent efforts, it would be hugely hypocritical of me to offer advice of any value on this question. Several people suggested getting a self-timer app for the iPhone to me, and I think they were right on the money, but finding a good source of natural light is the real key to good fit photos.post #3655 of 107147/20/14 at 10:04pmpost #3656 of 107147/20/14 at 10:41pmpost #3657 of 107147/20/14 at 10:43pmQuote:Originally Posted by heldentenor
As should be apparent from my recent efforts, it would be hugely hypocritical of me to offer advice of any value on this question. Several people suggested getting a self-timer app for the iPhone to me, and I think they were right on the money, but finding a good source of natural light is the real key to good fit photos.
+1- even a 20 mp camera takes poor pics in poor lightpost #3658 of 107147/20/14 at 11:01pmpost #3659 of 107147/20/14 at 11:04pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
Thanks a lot, gents!
Pliny, the suit is from Boggi, straight OTR. Only thing I altered was hemming the trousers. I love its versatility too. Incidentally, I wore it a few nights ago to a movie premiere, in a decidedly non-SF-approved fashion: without tie and with a black (!!!) shirt. Took a quick snap, spoilered here for too sensitive SF eyes...post #3660 of 107147/21/14 at 3:42amQuote:Originally Posted by in stitches
the reason for that fit not getting as much thumb love as it would, i would say, was because he posted in the middle of the whole 2 day brouhaha. fits that are posted during debates/heated discussion and that quickly get buried by pages of discussion posts, usually get less thumbs than they would have. i would bet that is the reason.
+1; plus, I already posted it in the contest thread, so probably some people already gave thumbs there; plus, I've been wearing this suit a lot, so it becomes a little boring. Okay, I cried myselff to sleep a little, but I think, overall, I can live with sub-20 thumbs.Quote:
Great fit, but jacket looks a little short, no? Also, interesting lapel; where is it from?Quote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Usually, I don't like blue ties with blue jackets; this is about as good as one can do this combo, but I still think a brown, burgundy, green... tie would have been better.
Today: very basic, very simple. If I had to dress vaguely CBD, this would be my version of it:
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 1 minute ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Barbour 'Hurricane' Waxed Jacket (Olive, S) 6 minutes ago
- › Oldest piece of clothing or shoes that you bought and still own? 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...