or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) - Page 989

post #14821 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

SB peaks seem to be used more formally. Often combined with jetted pockets.  With patches they just look weird IMO 

Indeed it seems peak lapels on SB are usually more formal. But I believe in Flusser there's at least one Apparel Arts illustration of a gent in an SB peak lapel country tweed.
 

:uhoh:  hope it was a solid at least

post #14822 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post

uhoh.gif   hope it was a solid at least

It was not... A large check iirc. Well, it was only an illustration, no guarantees that there's ever been anybody to actually wear it ..
post #14823 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post

City Dress - Black jacket with cashmere striped trousers bigstar[1].gif

Is that the same as a 'stroller'? I believe you once posted a beautiful example.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butler View Post

Is that the same as a 'stroller'? I believe you once posted a beautiful example.

Yes, Stroller in the US - Black jacket I the UK - Stresemann in Germany - and thank you bigstar[1].gif[/quote]

THAT''s the name. Man that was bothering me.
post #14824 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliny View Post
 

SB peaks seem to be used more formally. Often combined with jetted pockets.  With patches they just look weird IMO 

 

 

Here's another photograph of Anthony Eden and Sir Samuel Hoare that shows the suits more clearly.  I suspect it to have been taken a few seconds before the one you posted - shirts, suits, tie, hats and handkerchiefs look the same but where is Eden's cane? Can it be held in his hand and, pointing forward as he swings his arm, obscured by his hat?

 

Anyway, peak lapels on an SB make you practically party to appeasing Mussolini, this much we can say. :nest:

 

 

 

Source: http://www.aucklandcity.govt.nz/dbtw-wpd/exec/dbtwpub.dll?BU=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.aucklandcity.govt.nz%2Fdbtw-wpd%2FHeritageImages%2Findex.htm&AC=QBE_QUERY&TN=heritageimages&QF0=ID&NP=2&RF=HIORecordSearch&MR=5&QI0=%3D%22AWNS-19390913-44-8%22

post #14825 of 45075

I knew there was a reason not to like them.

post #14826 of 45075
Another day of New & Lingwood . . .

Suit - N & L
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Museum of Fine Arts, Boston
Cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
PS - Ashear
Shoes - BB Peals
Overcoat - BB
Scarf - Olde England, Beauchamp Place, London
Hat - Selentino


Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)










post #14827 of 45075

Rubinacci Cotton Suit and Claghorns old tie :D

 

The gentleman who commissioned the suit apparently never picked it up, and I got it for about $ 400

no alterations are made, but think the fit is pretty good

 

 

 


 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

post #14828 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso View Post
 

Rubinacci Cotton Suit and Claghorns old tie :D

 

The gentleman who commissioned the suit apparently never picked it up, and I got it for about $ 400

no alterations are made, but think the fit is pretty good

 

Wow, that's a great find, congrats! Very nice tie as well...

post #14829 of 45075

Calypso, not feeling the socks, but everything else is spot-fucking-on.

 

You must be well chuffed about the suit kop.

 

Edit: shirt sleeves too short? If so - shame, because the collar is really good.

post #14830 of 45075
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliodA View Post
 

 

Wow, that's a great find, congrats! Very nice tie as well...

 

thanks :) it's by far my favorite suit at the moment... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie View Post
 

Calypso, not feeling the socks, but everything else is spot-fucking-on.

 

You must be well chuffed about the suit kop.

 

Edit: shirt sleeves too short? If so - shame, because the collar is really good.

 

The only reason I wear these socks are AAS Friday challenge :lol:

 

Sleeves are perhaps a touch too short, but still ok I think.

Don´t know if I dare to leave it to my tailor for alterations

post #14831 of 45075

Maybe just avoid that shirt with that suit in future. The sleeve length on the suit seems fine.

 

I have similar problems with some suit/shirt combos.

post #14832 of 45075

think i will do that

post #14833 of 45075

Damn, I want one of Clag's old ties too. lol

post #14834 of 45075
GMM, tie Drakes? For LS?
post #14835 of 45075
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014)