Originally Posted by Thurston Bros
I know you weren't too jazzed on the Firenze leather...should we go with the Z150 leather?
We also need StyleForum.net members to come up with a "working list" of what they'd like to see...here's an example that we worked with on a pattern-variation from the Vanson Model C
1) no belt, no belt loops, and no coin pocket on lower abdomen: TEMPTED BY BELT, WHO IS IN. OK WITH THE REST...
2) angled left forearm
coin pocket, angled on forearm like it is on the VAJ-3 bicep: OK
3) 5-5.5 inch chest pocket with 7 inch handwarmer pockets; chest pocket angled like on Aero 1930s Half Belt: SEEMS BIG ON SMALLER SIZE, MORE LIKE 5" AT MOST AND 6.5", AM I CRAZY?
4) no dropped back, back cut straight across: OK
5) leather toggles (like on VAJ-3) on all exterior pocket ring pulls: LEATHER TOGGLES ARE THOSE LITTLE METAL ROUND THINGIES? WANT REGULAR BUT FAT ZIPPER PULLS
6) no interior pockets: ONE
7) black rayon liner: OK
8) Z150 leather: OK, DON'T WANT IT TO BE TOO HEAVY
9) nickel hardware: WANT A REAL METALLIC SILVERY TINT NOT SOMETHING WITH GOLD/COPPER TINTS IN THEM. DON'T LIKE "WARMTH" IN MY HARDWARE
10) please construct jacket with throat latch: NO
11) please construct jacket snap-on / snap-off black mouton fur collar: NO
12) double-ended main zipper: OK
13) standard Vanson label: SFxVANSONxLAGUY
14) Ultra slimfit Japanese Fit with model C "action" back: I WANT ULTRA SLIM AKA SLENDER FASHION FIT, NOT ULTRA SLIM AKA SAUSAGE POWERZ.I THINK SHOULDER HAVE TO BE TIGHT NOT SAGGY AND I DEF KNOW REG BRANDS FIT ME AWFUL. I DON'T WANT THE CANALI OF LEATHER JACKET. I'M PROBABLY A 42-44 IN CANALI WHILE i CAN WEAR A 46 IN FASHUNZ BRANDS
15) size Large for prototype: MEDIUM?
It's always best to go off of an existing Vanson Model...the Vanson Model C or Highwayman are the base of most "rocker" designs...
We know a lot of suggestions have already been put forth, but a short working list, like that above, is a tremendous help!