or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread - Page 144

post #2146 of 2330

I received my first 2 Yellow Hook shirts - The Pinpoint Oxford BD and The Italian denim BD. They are fantastic in material and construction and exactly what you would expect from YH. When I get a minute I'll post some photos. I will be the next to state, "If you are on the fence, I say go for it."

post #2147 of 2330
This week's attire. In the classroom it's hard for me to "dress up" these days, so the denim work shirts are perfect for me. 35 13 year olds in a room designed for 20 isn't conducive for wearing dress stuff too often.







This Japanese Selfedge Sample is pretty sweet, but we need a lot more denim to make this shirt as the width off the loom is terribly narrow. We have more access to it, and right now can do it as a MTO if anyone is interested. Reach out if you think this might be your steeze at $350.
post #2148 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick R View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Here's the size 3 Tony Polo:
Detail (Click to show)


I like shirt jackets. I have a small collection from Niche and Stephen Schneider. These photos convinced me to get one of these workshirts (Galliano navy stretch) for the same purpose.

post #2149 of 2330
First wear today on the Italian Denim Heirloom shirt. Pleasantly surprised at how incredibly soft this material is. But yet holds shape wonderfully. And fit and finish are amazing as always. Would try a pic but it's 45 degrees and raining outside and I'm not that hardcore.

Will be watching for future releases for sure!
Edited by duff406 - 10/3/16 at 3:22pm
post #2150 of 2330

 

 

post #2151 of 2330
Hey guys-

All of our neckwear is marked down 10% as part of our Fall Sale this week to finally welcome in the cooler temps properly. Happy shopping!
post #2152 of 2330
Just received my first YH shirt and quick fit pic out of the box.

Very impressed with the quality. I went with a Y2 fit.

post #2153 of 2330
Looks great @tricky !
post #2154 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Just received my first YH shirt and quick fit pic out of the box.

Very impressed with the quality.

Tricky, do you wear an Epaulet medium shirt?

Great fit here. I was debating which size I'd go with.
post #2155 of 2330
Thanks guys! Probably better paired without gym shorts smile.gif

I wear EP medium but I'm really pushing the limits of a medium. I imagine I should be moving to an EP large now.

I told Rob I'm between EP medium and large and he suggested size Y2.
post #2156 of 2330
Looks great @tricky! Just got that myself, it's a wonderful fabric, isn't it? Looks better on you than me. ;(
post #2157 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Just received my first YH shirt and quick fit pic out of the box.

Very impressed with the quality. I went with a Y2 fit.


That looks GREAT! Think we nailed the sizing on it.

We're getting lots of feedback with the shirts, and we really appreciate it. I'm aware that when it comes to OTR shirts you can't please everyone, and these shirts, while designed to not be "skinny" fit are still pretty slim. Good news is that we're working on a more relaxed fit pattern as well, so that guys who could use the extra room will have it. I also feel that this is the way menswear is headed as well. I don't see the "skinny/slim" look staying around forever and we want to be ahead of the curve. We'll of course keep making our standard fit, but will be throwing this fit in sooner rather than later when it comes to production pieces.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this...

Aso, we're proud to announce we'll be at the SFxA&H Trunk Show this November 5 at Gary's Loft in NYC. We'll have all of our wares to show off and for sale as well as a nice bottle or tow of bourbon...I'm also hoping to have models of both fits for Pre-Orders on some Winter and Spring shirts...smile.gif
post #2158 of 2330
Thanks @duff406 !

@NewYorkIslander - can I ensure no shrinkage with a cold wash and hang dry?
post #2159 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky View Post

Thanks @duff406 !

@NewYorkIslander - can I ensure no shrinkage with a cold wash and hang dry?

Yup, these were already washed as well, before we had them cut, to soften them and get the big shrink out. Stay with a cold wash and hang dry. Or, you could dry clean.
post #2160 of 2330
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkIslander View Post

We're getting lots of feedback with the shirts, and we really appreciate it. I'm aware that when it comes to OTR shirts you can't please everyone, and these shirts, while designed to not be "skinny" fit are still pretty slim. Good news is that we're working on a more relaxed fit pattern as well, so that guys who could use the extra room will have it. I also feel that this is the way menswear is headed as well. I don't see the "skinny/slim" look staying around forever and we want to be ahead of the curve. We'll of course keep making our standard fit, but will be throwing this fit in sooner rather than later when it comes to production pieces.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this...

fing02[1].gif Big thumbs up to the potential for a more relaxed fit. When I moved up from the YH2 to the YH3, everything fit pretty perfectly (well, the sleeves are a bit long but that's an easy fix and a trouble I am used to with my short stubby German sausage arms...) but a bit less waist suppression and a fraction of a bit more room in the chest would really just add to the overall comfort, especially when I wear these when I'm chasing around my kids.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread