- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- HANS JOACHIM VAUK black loafers in deerskin EU 42.5 / UK 8.5 Last post on Today at 9:24 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNIB Crockett Jones Malton - Mahagony Calf - UK 8.5 E / US 9.5 D Last post on Today at 7:20 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNIB Crockett Jones Connaught - Dark Brown Calf - UK 8 E / US 9 D Last post on Today at 7:17 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNIB Crockett & Jones Connaught - Black Calf - UK 8E / US 9 D Last post on Today at 7:13 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BNIB Edward Green Inverness Bergundy Antique 888 Last UK 8.5 / US 9 Last post on Today at 7:07 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wholecuts -- Yay or Tuxedo Shoe?
Styleforum Top Picks
I have never really associated wholecuts as a tuxedo shoe, so I think you are fine (I am assuming these are lace-ups). Wholecuts, to me, present a bit of a fashion-forward look, so I recommend wearning them in situations where a conservative shoe is not required.
Edit: They aren't patent leather, are they?
Oddly enough, I have been searching for a pair of black wholecuts to wear with my tuxedo for my wedding; however, I am mostly doing so because it is not "traditional", yet could still pass for a shoe to wear with a tux (well, perhaps not to most of the purists on SF, sure). As the other guy mentioned, it is actually more of a "fashion forward" style that may still be used in fairly "formal" (I use the more colloquial term here, not the white tie connotation) environments that do not necessarily dictate conservative dress.
- Wholecuts -- Yay or Tuxedo Shoe?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 seconds ago
- › PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THESE SHOES 26 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 2 minutes ago
- › A lot of Hickey freeman, Brook brothers and oliver Grant 2 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 3 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 4 minutes ago
- › Smoking Jacket, Dinner Jacket question 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...