- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 9/14/12
Related Forum Threads
- Alden 404 Kudu Indy Boots in Size 9D Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Alden Cigar Cap Toe Boots Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Viberg Oxford US Size 10 D roughout Last post on Today at 9:47 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Alden X Epaulet "Bregenz" Alpine Grain NST Bluchers on Commando Sole Barrie Last Size 8.5D Last post on Today at 9:45 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- BALENCIAGA RUNNERS RACE SNEAKERS SIZE 42 Last post on Today at 9:06 am in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Wholecuts -- Yay or Tuxedo Shoe?
Styleforum Top Picks
I have never really associated wholecuts as a tuxedo shoe, so I think you are fine (I am assuming these are lace-ups). Wholecuts, to me, present a bit of a fashion-forward look, so I recommend wearning them in situations where a conservative shoe is not required.
Edit: They aren't patent leather, are they?
Oddly enough, I have been searching for a pair of black wholecuts to wear with my tuxedo for my wedding; however, I am mostly doing so because it is not "traditional", yet could still pass for a shoe to wear with a tux (well, perhaps not to most of the purists on SF, sure). As the other guy mentioned, it is actually more of a "fashion forward" style that may still be used in fairly "formal" (I use the more colloquial term here, not the white tie connotation) environments that do not necessarily dictate conservative dress.
- Wholecuts -- Yay or Tuxedo Shoe?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 33 seconds ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2016 50 Book Challenge 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 4 minutes ago
- › The Wide Fitting Shoe Trading Post (EEE / G width) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?