or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread - Page 158

post #2356 of 3307
Do you guys only offer wool jackets in plaid now, or any plans to offer the Rover in a plain wool? (if someone already backed the wool project in blackwatch, it's hard to justify another plaid jacket in my opinion).
post #2357 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post

Do you guys only offer wool jackets in plaid now, or any plans to offer the Rover in a plain wool? (if someone already backed the wool project in blackwatch, it's hard to justify another plaid jacket in my opinion).

That plaid Rover is so awesome, but I'm in a similar boat. Got the blackwatch project jacket and can't imagine I'd need two plaid wool coats. But TS has just been knocking it out of the park lately.

post #2358 of 3307

Just got back from a long trip to find my Yosemite and Crater workshop shirts waiting for me. Wowsers is all I can say. I basically plan to live in these this winter. The Crater shirt is just absurdly comfortable. It feels like a well-worn sweatshirt, yet is so sharply cut. Can't say enough about how great your stuff has been for me.

post #2359 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoc View Post
 

 

I thought about grabbing one of those but I'm not sure when I would wear it.  What is the purpose of a mechanics shirt?  By that, I mean, when would one wear a shirt like that?

 

I personally wasn't able to overcome those reservations and buy one but I still think it looks like a cool shirt.  I can definitely see why they are popular. 

 

Oh I wear mine to work since there is no dress code. 

 

It would be perfect for doing any manual work because the fabric is tough enough to be durable but the sanding makes it soft enough to be pliable.

 

Went well with black chinos, looking forward to a black jeans delivery and pairing them with those next.

post #2360 of 3307

No experience with TS but I just ran across this shirt and love it. Can anyone compare their shirts to epaulet, especially with respect to sizing? Epaulet's large fits me perfect pretty much everywhere except the waist where I have the back taken in a bit. 

 

Edit: The TS size guide looks pretty wonky--a 42" chest is a small? Am I reading this correctly? 

post #2361 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post
 

No experience with TS but I just ran across this shirt and love it. Can anyone compare their shirts to epaulet, especially with respect to sizing? Epaulet's large fits me perfect pretty much everywhere except the waist where I have the back taken in a bit. 

 

Edit: The TS size guide looks pretty wonky--a 42" chest is a small? Am I reading this correctly? 

Smalls are a 38. 42 would be a Large. 

I wear both TS and Epaulet shirts, and they're fairly similar. TS's arms and body length are shorter. Epaulet  waists are slimmer. Very similar in chest and shoulders though. 

post #2362 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klemins View Post

Do you guys only offer wool jackets in plaid now, or any plans to offer the Rover in a plain wool? (if someone already backed the wool project in blackwatch, it's hard to justify another plaid jacket in my opinion).


Good point.  I had to get both though.  Two jackets I felt like I HAD to have, regardless of similarity. 

post #2363 of 3307

Thanks loxo. And just so you don't think I'm crazy, clicking TS's size guide shows a 42" chest for a small. 

post #2364 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post
 

Thanks loxo. And just so you don't think I'm crazy, clicking TS's size guide shows a 42" chest for a small. 

For sure, bud. The size guide has always looked legit to me, but this isn't the first time I've read that it has been off. 

post #2365 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrolls View Post

Thanks loxo. And just so you don't think I'm crazy, clicking TS's size guide shows a 42" chest for a small. 
The 38" of the small size is supposed to be your actual chest size, i.e., order their shirts like you'd get your suit or sports coat. My actual chest is 37.5" and I really like how a TS38 fits me. I could probably go for the 36 in my chest, but the length and arms would be short on me.
post #2366 of 3307
In the pictures for the plaid rover jacket I noticed the model wears what looks to be dark green chinos. Are these something that's coming soon? I'm a really big fan of their chinos and I just wish there were more colors. These dark green chinos would be super nice and hopefully a sign of more variety of colors to come.
post #2367 of 3307

@mikegnthensome

  •  

Think the sleeve length & yoke measurements of the popover in indigo stripe are off. 39.75" sleeve length & 33.75 yoke for size 38? haha

post #2368 of 3307

Question, and this may have been asked before, but how do Taylor Stitch's oxfords fit for a more athletic build?  I love that they are American made and want to support them but fit for me is key.  I'm 6'1'' 185 - 190 lbs.  I sometimes hover more depending on my training but I want something that is fitted and comfortable.  Thoughts?

post #2369 of 3307
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantone View Post
 

Question, and this may have been asked before, but how do Taylor Stitch's oxfords fit for a more athletic build?  I love that they are American made and want to support them but fit for me is key.  I'm 6'1'' 185 - 190 lbs.  I sometimes hover more depending on my training but I want something that is fitted and comfortable.  Thoughts?


Can't say enough about how nice the fit is for fairly built guys.  I come in at 6'1" 210 and exercise/lift a lot.  Super slim arms and narrow shoulder measurements will not work for me.  TS hits the perfect balance between fitted and comfortable, and maintains a modern, trim, fashionable look.  I wear their shirts to job sites and run around in them all day without any restriction or complaints.  I purchased a 44-XL and have not looked back since.

 

Here's what you gotta do.  Buy the next oxford you like in both 44XL, and 42L.  You will find that the 44XL is a great fit for you, and you can return the 42L with their free shipping having the peace of mind that you made the right choice with no second guessing.

post #2370 of 3307
I'm short and stocky 5'8 and 190-200lbs. The hyde shirt in a 42 is perfect except for the neck (I can't button top at all), 44xl is too baggy in my chest.

But I second Medoc about buying both and seeing what works
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread