1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by taylorstitch, Jun 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sleu

sleu Well-Known Member

First time ordering with TS, their website says USPS Priority shipping. Do they usually actually use Priority, because mine was shipped First Class. Those couple of days make a difference on the east coast.

2. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

I can't remember a time when they haven't shipped Priority Mail to me, but I'm fairly close to San Francisco. The post office once told me that shipping to/from where I am to SF can only be done via Priority Mail- first class isn't even on the menu.

3. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

I usually get my stuff that I order on Tuesday by Friday...occasionally it's Sat but I blame that more on the post office than anything else.

anyone know if they shipped the sand work chambray shirts yet? Were supposed to be shipped sometime between 3/5 and now I believe

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Well-Known Member

@taylorstitch

Any timeline on the slim chino re-stock? & is there any other colors coming for this season? Thanks. Really want to try a pair.

5. emeles86

emeles86 Member

Waiting on my TS Ash Twill shirt to be delivered. Been 10 days now, I'm patient but so excited. [​IMG]

6. Klemins

Klemins Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't think they ship things out as fast as they used to. As long as it's here in a reasonable time (like within 2 weeks) I'm happy.

7. NorthCoast

NorthCoast Well-Known Member

Been looking at the Ash Waxed Wayfaring jacket but I guess I missed the boat.

Looks to be a really solid Spring jacket. Anyone order one of those?

8. sacafotos

sacafotos Well-Known Member

Just got my sand colored chambray (?) shirt. Fabric and buttons are beautiful, as usual. I do need to tweak the fit; the 36 has the right shoulder width, but the length and chest of a 38.

I'm going to take my charcoal oxford and have my tailor trim up the sand work shirt to similar dimensions. Nice work, @taylorstitch.

Do you recommend I wash it first on warm before taking to the tailor? If so, I'll have to be patient and get any shrinkage out, first.

Now, if only you'd bring a pink oxford...

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    2 people like this.
  9. OmniscientCause

OmniscientCause Well-Known Member

Yea I'm due for a pink Oxford as well. If you can make it happen in the next month or so I'm all in

1 person likes this.
  10. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

11. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

I wonder if its still made in the usa and if the quality will drop like woth other target collabs

12. oynag

oynag Well-Known Member

They seem to be stressing the American-made angle pretty hard and I'm hopeful TS maintains their standards. They don't seem like they're the type to cut corners, especially given that estimated retail price.

13. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

Well, it is Target so I wouldn't get my hopes up. Target recently did a collab with Faribault Woolen Mills but it was online only, so it makes you wonder if these other collabs are online only as well. Somebody at Target corporate must be a fan of these brands, or they probably visit SF. If Target chooses to cut corners and sell non-US made this would be bad for the brands mentioned, as their entire image is based on US made Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 person likes this.
  14. Noirkw

Noirkw Well-Known Member

Would you mind measuring the shoulder width and posting them here? I'm thinking of getting the 36 as well but the lack of shoulder measurements in the fit chart has left me apprehensive in purchasing

15. gaseousclay

gaseousclay Well-Known Member

the collection is up and they are indeed online only.

Not sure how I feel about this. Target is curating these brands on their site to shine a light on companies that utilize US manufacturing, which in turn is about US jobs. At the same time, Target is planning on laying off 1,700 employees. So much for jobs, eh?

16. eljlakers

eljlakers Well-Known Member

Leaving aside the jobs issue, from a pure marketing standpoint, I think Target has gone about this all wrong. I'm a frequent shopper at Target and (in the last six months) an increasingly frequent buyer at TS.

Look at this page: http://www.target.com/p/taylor-stit...063471#prodSlot=medium_1_8&term=taylor+stitch

Is a run of the mill Target shopper going to be blown away enough by the design of this shirt to pay 4X times what they normally pay for such a shirt? The presentation is so blah. Why wouldn't I go direct to TS (http://taylorstitch.com/collections/mens-casual-shirts/products/the-blue-everyday-oxford-jack) where the price is the same and the presentation of the shirt is so much more inviting (better pics, better description)? I don't get that at all.

I guess I'm pleased that TS is not dumbing down their products at all for a different audience, but also somewhat skeptical as to how this all will work. I thought the point of a collaboration or diffusion line was to sort of meet in the middle, but this seems like just taking an existing product to a new audience and expecting them to pay 4X what they normally pay. Which is hopeful at best, and more likely a long shot.

But hey, what do I know about merchandising?

17. sacafotos

Just dropped off at my tailor. I'll do that when I get it back. From a preliminary fitting, the shoulders are the same width as the oxfords in 36. The body, sleeve length, and length are about a 38 (oxford) in terms of dimensions. I had to trim those up.

Fabric feels amazing, great for spring time with a slight breeze out.

18. sacafotos

@eljlakers

It could be a good distribution strategy to reach a demographic that can't access the shops in San Francisco, perhaps acclimate them to spending a bit more on a Made in USA line. It's actually brilliant.

Also, it speaks to TS ambitions to scale manufacturing. More exposure via Target means more incoming customers, more online orders, and thus more product sold.

I think the bigger problem is Target's lack of a "premium" shelf space to showcase stuff like this. Like a Toyota-Lexus model.

19. Noirkw

Noirkw Well-Known Member

Appreciate the help! Thanks!

20. eljlakers

eljlakers Well-Known Member

I agree with you from the TS perspective. It's a win-win for them as far as I can tell. They get wider distribution without compromising on price. I'm confused from the Target side of things. I don't get how you sell a $98 product the exact same way you sell a $23 product, especially when I as a customer can the $98 product direct from the manufacturer anyway. If the idea is to a set up a "nook" of floor space devoted to Made in the USA products (like a pop-up shop or what have you), that's one thing, but outside of us nerds who know about TS and get geeked about their products, who would even know to look online for TS at Target? And if some online Target customer did just put in "chinos" or "oxford cloth shirt" in the search bar and landed on a $98 shirt, wouldn't they find that pretty high for a shirt they haven't even tried on? I'm thinking back to me five or six years ago before I took the clothing "blue pill" and I would have looked at that price and thought it crazy.