Edited by pravda - 1/3/16 at 5:37pm
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 1331
* I was trying on some new formal pants I got, and my wife said almost those exact words: "when will men realize that women don't find pleated pants sexy?" Then I put on my new tailcoat and she said, "they don't look so bad now."
Don't focus on one single element. Focus on the whole picture. Some things that look terrible in isolation can look great when put in the appropriate context.
Maybe I know too many rockabillies/vintage fetishists, but I tend not to do 3", 3.5" cuffs that often because it's kind of old hat. Everyone I know who does it has been doing it for decades—some since 1977. I know one dude who got made fun of by one John Lydon for doing it, right around then.
But if you go to East LA, say, you'll see a whole new generation of young Chipsters doing it, every generation. Just follow the Bombas and lowriders. Maybe it is an LA thing, as well.
There are essentially two types of woman, and two things they respectively find sexy.
1.) Someone who is confident, interesting, and interested in them
2.) A big bag of money
Being fit helps. Youth is a factor but not all that important. If you have one of the above criteria in sufficient abundance, you can get away with being pretty old, fat, and ugly.
Fortunately the second kind of woman is, for most of us, fairly easy to avoid.
On the subject of folded up excess in trousers, when I was younger (and Eisenhower was President) the excess in my trousers was sewn up inside, and let down as needed, ending up with the results shown in this picture.
However, once one is fully grown, I don't see the purpose of folded up excesses in trousers.....
The last three people to post fits in jeans have had at least 3 inch cuffs. I don't spend much time in the SWD side, but I'm guessing this is a thing. On the CM side, pant cuffs pretty much max out at 2 inches. I was wondering what is the max cuff for denim, if there is one?
I am not sure it is a thing so much as personal preference. Personal preference for me is that 3" is a little much, and if I need to roll my jeans that much, I will usually roll them twice over with a smaller cuff.. that said, I am actually having a bunch of my denim hemmed with a chainstitch hem so that I don't need to roll them anymore. I don't stack, and just want some variety in terms of how I can wear jeans..
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 41 seconds ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...