Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Clothes to wear to a club/party? Last post on 6/15/07 at 11:59pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Brooks Brothers Milano Pant Challenge - Who did it best? VOTE! Last post on 7/28/11 at 6:19pm in Classic Menswear
- VOTE: Fit of the Week :) Last post on 8/21/11 at 10:49am in Classic Menswear
- Your Spring/Summer Looks Last post on 7/1/14 at 6:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Your workhorse Spring/Summer cotton/linen sport jacket Last post on 5/23/15 at 10:38am in Classic Menswear
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style - Page 817
How do you feel about this? A little over the top retro perhaps? Pants are gray flannel, jacket is a DB brownish herringbone tweed with orange overcheck, sweater is green and tie is navy woven silk with green elephants.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I quite like it. It's a very stylised (as opposed to more everyday) look, and works within those boundaries.
Thanks. They're suede chukkas from Ferragamo and have a really soft/padded top, where they hug the calf. Most chukkas don't have that, but it makes these really comfy to wear. I wear them a lot and am not looking forward to the day they finally give way.
Was this for my pics? If so, there's not enough inseam to properly turn those jeans up. I can see that looking good in theory though, yeah.
Thanks! You're right it was a stylised look, as I was playing with my band on stage minutes after. Outside. Minus 6 degrees Celsius. Stiff fingers!
If you had worn the chukkas in the first picture it would have been the fuzziest fit ever. Perhaps too much of a good thing. I like your second fit much better.
I love the sport coat. Store, brand please and how heavy is it? Thanks, Larry
My first try....tame by SF standards but hey...feel free to rip me to shreds, I can take it...don't know how to blur out my ugly mug...sorry bout that
BB Vintage SC
Some plain ole white shirt I picked up at the thrift store
Nameless thrifted tie
Citizens of Humanity Jeans
AE Sanford Shoes
Ray Ban Glasses
The first fit reminded me of Minder. Given the nostalgia it evoked, that is a compliment, I can assure you. Can you sing the feem toon?
Yeah, that's exactly why I wore regular calf leather with it instead. Needed something shiny instead of more fuzzy stuff. I have worn that jacket at the same time as the suede chukkas and usually regretted it for precisely that reason.
I used to watch Minder pretty regularly; I reckon I could do a passable rendition of the theme! :D
Arthur Daley had pretty natty outfits, especially that light brown chesterfield overcoat paired with dark brown narrow brim trilby. ;)
Thanks Larry. It was made for me by Ede & Ravenscroft, using a Holland & Sherry cloth from their Sherry Tweed II book. I can't remember the exact weight, but I think it was somewhere around 14oz, give or take. In the UK, it's good from about late September/early October through to about late April/early May. If our current freezing cold weather continues, maybe it will never be put away... ;)
Oh, right; I'm become too Americanised from reading this board, assuming the word cuffs meant turn-ups. :)
I've settled on this jacket sleeve length as being what I like. Shorter ones show more cuff when standing still, but I don't like how much they reveal when you bend your arms. On this jacket, they're about the same length as the shirt sleeves, showing just the barest sliver of shirt cuff if I was to stand perfectly properly, facing the camera. This is how I've been getting all my new stuff over the past 2-3 years. Some of my older stuff tends to show a phase where I got a quarter inch or even more showing instead, but I'm not fond of that anymore. Not very SF of me, I know, but there you go.
On edit: I was posting my response as you posted the longwing.
All things being equal, I'd probably go with the longwing. Since I already have a casual longwing (and am not a fan of wingtips), I'd personally still go with the buck.
I've actually got my eyes open for a pair of plain toe bluchers (not bucks) in navy suede.
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 1 minute ago
- › MEERMIN BURGUNDY CALF OXFORDS (wholecut) size UK 12/US 11 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 38R Tenero Green Hopsack Sport Coat 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The 27 Year Old Virgin 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 17 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 16 18 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 22 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...