or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Suitsupply NYC - Page 741

post #11101 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulillo View Post
 

But they are not frequent or cyclical... I mean, I remember there was one two summers ago for certain countries and another one this past winter for other countries (not including some of the countries that had the first sale)... so who know when will there be another sale from SuSu :(


I didn't compare with 2 years ago sales but January & July 2015 sales, the 9 selected countries didn't budge.

 

I guess we will see in a few weeks :)

post #11102 of 13736

Need to pull a trigger on some of these. Would be helpful if someone has a photo in the wild .. What are your thoughts on the fit?
 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/jackets/hudson-blue-birds-eye/C908.html?cgid=Jackets
 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/jackets/hudson-blue-plain/C798.html?cgid=Jackets
 

http://eu.suitsupply.com/en/jackets/hudson-blue-plain/C928.html?cgid=Jackets

post #11103 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post
 


Just curious, what is the "reliable source"? Just want to know how probable this is. Thanks!

No.

post #11104 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

No.

Not sure I understand your response, unless you are trying to say that I shouldn't be asking that question, in which case I would have preferred you just said so. And to be clear, I was more just curious if it was posted on the internet somewhere or if someone from their company had alluded to such a sale.
post #11105 of 13736

Be nice, guys, it's Christmas Eve :D

 

PS: I think Suntory was trying to be funny. 

post #11106 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by riton View Post
 

Be nice, guys, it's Christmas Eve :D

 

PS: I think Suntory was trying to be funny. 

Thought he was fishing for reliable sources that are confidential.

post #11107 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post


Not sure I understand your response, unless you are trying to say that I shouldn't be asking that question, in which case I would have preferred you just said so. And to be clear, I was more just curious if it was posted on the internet somewhere or if someone from their company had alluded to such a sale.

K

post #11108 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory View Post

K

Merry Christmas!
post #11109 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimistry View Post


Merry Christmas!

U too my man.

post #11110 of 13736

Hi, apologize in advance for not tucking in my shirt, was in a hurry. This is my first suitsupply product, Havana plain navy jacket in a 34r. I was wondering how is the fit? There is something wrong with the lower back ( wrinkles, excess fabrics?). Could the wrinkle in the lower back be caused by the vents being closed? Also there are some vertical lines in the upper back... is that because its a little big on the back/ excess fabrics? How does the shoulders look from the back, is it okay? I was was wondering if I should nip the waist in the front a little to show some shape or use a little waist supression? Thanks

 

 

 

 

post #11111 of 13736

Merry Christmas everyone!

 

Meanwhile at Suitsupply...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr1988 View Post
 

Hi, apologize in advance for not tucking in my shirt, was in a hurry. This is my first suitsupply product, Havana plain navy jacket in a 34r. I was wondering how is the fit? There is something wrong with the lower back ( wrinkles, excess fabrics?). Could the wrinkle in the lower back be caused by the vents being closed? Also there are some vertical lines in the upper back... is that because its a little big on the back/ excess fabrics? How does the shoulders look from the back, is it okay? I was was wondering if I should nip the waist in the front a little to show some shape or use a little waist supression? Thanks

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Opening the vents did actually fix this problem for me, I suggest you try it as you can return suits if the vents have been opened.

 

The jacket seems to fit well everywhere except the upper and lower back which could be fixed by opening the vent, or if that doesn't work take it to a tailor and they could take in the excess fabric from the center back seam, maybe even the side seams if necessary. The jacket sleeves could also be shortened slightly, but that's more a preference thing, as they aren't too long as they are right now.

 

Post your pics in the fit feedback thread too: http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions

post #11112 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTopCat View Post
 

Merry Christmas everyone!

 

Meanwhile at Suitsupply...

 

Cocky bastards, they know we'll still go.

post #11113 of 13736
After watching several episodes of Suits, Harvey Spectre's made me change my mind about peak lapels.

I took a quick glance at the Washngton suits, but the measurements seem to be off compared to the Washington jacket I tried on a couple of weeks ago (which I also posted about here recently).

The jacket I tried on was half-lined, does Washington really have different measurements between half- and full-lined jackets? The half-lined one fit me very well, it'd be unfortunate if they've changed the Washington fit completely, as it won't work for me in that case.
post #11114 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baked Potato View Post

After watching several episodes of Suits, Harvey Spectre's made me change my mind about peak lapels.

I took a quick glance at the Washngton suits, but the measurements seem to be off compared to the Washington jacket I tried on a couple of weeks ago (which I also posted about here recently).

The jacket I tried on was half-lined, does Washington really have different measurements between half- and full-lined jackets? The half-lined one fit me very well, it'd be unfortunate if they've changed the Washington fit completely, as it won't work for me in that case.


They fit pretty similarly.  I feel like the half is shorter and has a higher buttoning position.  I'd have to look into further, with a tape measurer, to be sure.  Unfortunately, I'm 3,000 miles away from my suits, and will be for a week.  Either way, as far as waist, chest, and shoulder measurements, they fit about the same.

post #11115 of 13736
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptr1988 View Post
 

Hi, apologize in advance for not tucking in my shirt, was in a hurry. This is my first suitsupply product, Havana plain navy jacket in a 34r. I was wondering how is the fit? There is something wrong with the lower back ( wrinkles, excess fabrics?). Could the wrinkle in the lower back be caused by the vents being closed? Also there are some vertical lines in the upper back... is that because its a little big on the back/ excess fabrics? How does the shoulders look from the back, is it okay? I was was wondering if I should nip the waist in the front a little to show some shape or use a little waist supression? Thanks

 

 

 

 

Anyone help pls/

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Suitsupply NYC