So much for hope . . .
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Band of Outsiders, Wings + Horns, Nudie, J.Crew 484, APC, NDC - 27/06!! Last post on 7/4/11 at 8:08pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/30/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 489
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7322 of 1340912/19/12 at 5:20pm
What's the difference between the two versions of the v neck t-shirt?
MEN DRY PACKAGED V NECK SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT
MEN DRY PACKAGED V NECK SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT
In the description of the first one, it says: "This quality V-neck T-shirt features great looking silhouette and longer length."
But the shirts don't differ in length very much according to their respective charts. The shoulders and body are consistently wider in the first model, making it larger overall instead of simply longer. In fact, the medium is the same length in both models, but the shoulders and body are .4" and .3" wider in medium for the first one.
My intention here is not to nitpick the measurement charts for variances of human error, but rather to question why there are two pages for what appears to be the same product, one slightly larger than the other. I'm looking for a v-neck and have no experience with Uniqlo, but I've read good things about their fit.
The second model is listed as "New" in the online store, even though it appears to be the same old basic t-shirt. That worries me. Has the fit of these v-necks remained essentially unchanged these past few years or is it being "updated" from time to time? I need to know if the recommendations that got me here are outdated.
If anyone has experience with Uniqlo v-necks please speak up. I'd appreciate your input.
Edited by Pig Farmer - 12/19/12 at 7:18pmpost #7323 of 1340912/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #7324 of 1340912/19/12 at 7:04pmGuys how accurate are the slim chino waist specs? Looking for slightly loose-ish fit around 34.5 int the waist and maybe 7.75"-8" hem.
Also which shirts are must cops, just want a few beaters that fit well. Ocbd or poplin is fine, need to fit 40-41" chest so no idea on sizing as I am not going by their charts anymore.post #7325 of 1340912/19/12 at 7:46pmpost #7326 of 1340912/19/12 at 8:26pmpost #7327 of 1340912/19/12 at 8:34pmpost #7328 of 1340912/19/12 at 10:50pmQuote:
I have no idea. I am a 41" chest and the mediums work for me, but the measurements on some of my shirts match up with the small measurements posted online. So I would say go with a medium. I ordered a large shirt for the hell of it in a hidden placket and the thing was huge compared to any of the mediums I have.post #7329 of 1340912/19/12 at 11:10pmQuote:
No way, I'm a Med in the slim fit Oxfords and the small in the Extra fine broadcloth was too tight. You'd be a medium or large. Measurements are useless on those broadcloths.post #7330 of 1340912/19/12 at 11:13pmThat's what I thought, the only thing I wear large in is the efm knits and they are a bit loose. I haven't worn a large in anything uniqlo I don't think even though euro brands I'm a L.
So a 32 in the slim fit chinos for 34 waist and a med in the broadcloths sound right to you guys? I don't even know why I'm coppin this shit lol.post #7331 of 1340912/20/12 at 12:01ampost #7332 of 1340912/20/12 at 4:13ampost #7333 of 1340912/20/12 at 4:54ampost #7334 of 1340912/20/12 at 6:23ampost #7335 of 1340912/20/12 at 6:26amQuote:Originally Posted by jet
That's what I thought, the only thing I wear large in is the efm knits and they are a bit loose. I haven't worn a large in anything uniqlo I don't think even though euro brands I'm a L.
So a 32 in the slim fit chinos for 34 waist and a med in the broadcloths sound right to you guys? I don't even know why I'm coppin this shit lol.
You can always get a large in the broadcloth in sew the box pleat down.
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › Viberg Boots 57 seconds ago
- › DS ADIDAS YEEZY BOOST 350 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › Things your dumb friends post on facebook 13 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 13 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...