So much for hope . . .
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandSohotagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categorySweaterstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandUniqlotagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
- itemUniqlo Seamless Low Rise Boxer Briefstagged by LA Guy, 10/7/13
Related Forum Threads
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- The Minimal Closet: What are your must haves? Last post on 11/8/13 at 9:09pm in Streetwear and Denim
- UNIS, any info on this brand? Last post on 8/4/14 at 12:54am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The Uniqlo Thread - Page 489
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7322 of 1285412/19/12 at 5:20pm
What's the difference between the two versions of the v neck t-shirt?
MEN DRY PACKAGED V NECK SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT
MEN DRY PACKAGED V NECK SHORT SLEEVE T SHIRT
In the description of the first one, it says: "This quality V-neck T-shirt features great looking silhouette and longer length."
But the shirts don't differ in length very much according to their respective charts. The shoulders and body are consistently wider in the first model, making it larger overall instead of simply longer. In fact, the medium is the same length in both models, but the shoulders and body are .4" and .3" wider in medium for the first one.
My intention here is not to nitpick the measurement charts for variances of human error, but rather to question why there are two pages for what appears to be the same product, one slightly larger than the other. I'm looking for a v-neck and have no experience with Uniqlo, but I've read good things about their fit.
The second model is listed as "New" in the online store, even though it appears to be the same old basic t-shirt. That worries me. Has the fit of these v-necks remained essentially unchanged these past few years or is it being "updated" from time to time? I need to know if the recommendations that got me here are outdated.
If anyone has experience with Uniqlo v-necks please speak up. I'd appreciate your input.
Edited by Pig Farmer - 12/19/12 at 7:18pmpost #7323 of 1285412/19/12 at 5:26pmpost #7324 of 1285412/19/12 at 7:04pmGuys how accurate are the slim chino waist specs? Looking for slightly loose-ish fit around 34.5 int the waist and maybe 7.75"-8" hem.
Also which shirts are must cops, just want a few beaters that fit well. Ocbd or poplin is fine, need to fit 40-41" chest so no idea on sizing as I am not going by their charts anymore.post #7325 of 1285412/19/12 at 7:46pmpost #7326 of 1285412/19/12 at 8:26pmpost #7327 of 1285412/19/12 at 8:34pmpost #7328 of 1285412/19/12 at 10:50pmQuote:
I have no idea. I am a 41" chest and the mediums work for me, but the measurements on some of my shirts match up with the small measurements posted online. So I would say go with a medium. I ordered a large shirt for the hell of it in a hidden placket and the thing was huge compared to any of the mediums I have.post #7329 of 1285412/19/12 at 11:10pmQuote:
No way, I'm a Med in the slim fit Oxfords and the small in the Extra fine broadcloth was too tight. You'd be a medium or large. Measurements are useless on those broadcloths.post #7330 of 1285412/19/12 at 11:13pmThat's what I thought, the only thing I wear large in is the efm knits and they are a bit loose. I haven't worn a large in anything uniqlo I don't think even though euro brands I'm a L.
So a 32 in the slim fit chinos for 34 waist and a med in the broadcloths sound right to you guys? I don't even know why I'm coppin this shit lol.post #7331 of 1285412/20/12 at 12:01ampost #7332 of 1285412/20/12 at 4:13ampost #7333 of 1285412/20/12 at 4:54ampost #7334 of 1285412/20/12 at 6:23ampost #7335 of 1285412/20/12 at 6:26amQuote:Originally Posted by jet
That's what I thought, the only thing I wear large in is the efm knits and they are a bit loose. I haven't worn a large in anything uniqlo I don't think even though euro brands I'm a L.
So a 32 in the slim fit chinos for 34 waist and a med in the broadcloths sound right to you guys? I don't even know why I'm coppin this shit lol.
You can always get a large in the broadcloth in sew the box pleat down.
- The Uniqlo Thread
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays