or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...) - Page 1048

post #15706 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by grc1 View Post


patch[1].gif really? How is this possible, seeing as captoes and wingtips are TOTALLY DIFFERENT SHOES that justify separate pairs in the exact same colour? lol8[1].gif

You make entirely too much sense. There is still the minor issue of an army of captoes in my closet...no chestnut though!

post #15707 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouldaville View Post

Thanks everyone! If I didn't have this pair, it would be much more difficult to resist Skoab's new chestnut St. James...I could still have a weak moment though.

Must kop. They are awesome.
My first pair of St. James and now I can see why they are so popular. So aesthetically pleasing and not to mention construction is fantastic
post #15708 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinkapur View Post


Must kop. They are awesome.
My first pair of St. James and now I can see why they are so popular. So aesthetically pleasing and not to mention construction is fantastic

 

Cosign. I'm not sure if it's simply a "Placebo Effect" but I swear my pair of St James fits better than any other shoe/brand I currently own. For a while Rain last from Carmina was king. I can't exactly explain but I do know it's difficult going back to Carmina now. #firstworldproblems

post #15709 of 21771
The classic SJII
Gaziano & Girling St. James II
post #15710 of 21771

Looking to purchase my first pair of G&G's and my first real pair of luxury dress shoes.  Ive had Alden's for years but this is to me a whole other level.  Looking to buy the Mitchel in a Vintage Rioja on the MH71 last.  Any advice or comments?

post #15711 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp94 View Post

Looking to purchase my first pair of G&G's and my first real pair of luxury dress shoes.  Ive had Alden's for years but this is to me a whole other level.  Looking to buy the Mitchel in a Vintage Rioja on the MH71 last.  Any advice or comments?
Get fitted in person to assess fit, and you should be just fine. Congrats, and enjoy...
post #15712 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by DpprDr View Post

The classic SJII
Gaziano & Girling St. James II

You gotta get that hem fixed. Amateur hour by the seamstress/seamstro.
post #15713 of 21771

You realize he may have pulled them up a bit, yes?

post #15714 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post

You realize he may have pulled them up a bit, yes?

Shh, judging without having all the information is an SF pastime
post #15715 of 21771

Oh, I thought it was an internet pastime overall.

post #15716 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by venividivicibj View Post

Shh, judging without having all the information is an SF pastime
Derailing threads on a technicality is another I believe... lurker[1].gif
post #15717 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by patliean1 View Post
 

 

Cosign. I'm not sure if it's simply a "Placebo Effect" but I swear my pair of St James fits better than any other shoe/brand I currently own. For a while Rain last from Carmina was king. I can't exactly explain but I do know it's difficult going back to Carmina now. #firstworldproblems


FYI - I have noticed that the adage "all G&G lasts fit the same" is not true.  Nor do all designs fit the same on the same last.  For instance, Gables on TG73 in 7.5EUK are a perfect fit for me, but the SJII and Sinatras in the same size and last run a little large on me.  Not enough to warrant changing sizes, but it is noticeable.

 

I have confirmed on two different Sinatras and two different Gables because these shoes are so great that one pair is not enough.

post #15718 of 21771
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksLauren77 View Post

You realize he may have pulled them up a bit, yes?

You know I never realized this until I started taking shoe selfie but when you bend over at odd angles and contort your body to take pictures it really messes up your pants so it's hard to get a good shot of them.
post #15719 of 21771

^^ TG73 and MH71 do not fit the same for me.

post #15720 of 21771

ooooo the St James II  Vintage Chestnut MH71, you have started me lusting again, they are simply gorgeous. Was going to London to get a pair but I hate travelling to London. Got 2 pairs of Crockett & Jones Belgrave to sate my hunger but I've looked at the pictures for two days now and I have become peckish. Please do not ruin them with the over shiny toe look (such poor taste).

They are absolutely the Mutts Nuts, was thinking of vintage oak but they have probably changed my mind - vintage chestnut and a pair of jeans, doubt it gets any better :worship:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, etc...)