Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- brandHolland Esquiretagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemHolland Esquire Long sleeve shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- brandLoro Pianatagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- My dream suit for autumn/winter Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42am in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco - Page 6
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77 of 24512/7/11 at 12:21ampost #78 of 24512/7/11 at 12:32ampost #79 of 24512/8/11 at 5:38pmReceived my first pair of pants from them. Overall, I am quite pleased. I had two fittings after my initial measurement, and they followed all of my instructions, including giving me a little more room in the upper thighs and butt, while shaping a more narrow leg. I have an athletic frame and have a terrible time with pants off the rack. These are by far my best fitting pants. The rubber strip in the back to keep shirts tucked is a nice touch. Total in was $190 for their "standard" fabric. I will probably try more in the future.post #80 of 24512/9/11 at 10:09pmpost #81 of 24512/10/11 at 1:27pmpost #82 of 24512/14/11 at 2:06pmQuote:
Fabric was courtesy of SF member badsha, in this case it's Grande & Rubinelli but he has access to several manufacturers. I'm 5'11" with a long torso, and 1.5 meters is enough. Badsha's prices are very fair, and it does save money compared to buying similar material from Spoon, especially on the higher end materials.post #83 of 24512/14/11 at 3:40pmRoberto Bruno will sell directly to individuals, his contact information below:
TESSITURA GRANDI & RUBINELLI S.R.L.
Strada per Novara n. 280 - 28062 CAMERI (NO)
Tel. +39-0321-622458 Fax +39-0321-679464
Registro Imprese di Novara n. 13670
Capitale Sociale Euro 110.000 interamente versatopost #84 of 2451/29/12 at 11:32pmpost #85 of 2451/31/12 at 12:46pmpost #86 of 2452/4/12 at 9:19pm
Just as an update, I stopped in today to order a shirt which came out to be about $100.
I asked about suits and was told that the standard option is half canvassed, but they do have a full canvass option now. I believe he said it was only an extra $50 for it full canvass, but don't quote me on that. Starting price for a suit is $800 and goes up depending on fabric.
Really looking forward to seeing the end result. This will be my first bespoke shirt and the guys were very professional and courteous in helping me out.post #87 of 2452/6/12 at 11:10am
Edit: I just called and I guess they had a bit of a late start today. Andrew said turnaround time right now is about 1.5 months; I'm going in to see him this afternoon-- will post again as things progress!
I am really excited about checking this place out! However, when I stopped by around 10am on the way to work, the Sacramento St. shop was closed and no one picked up the phone. I thought perhaps I got the time wrong but yelp lists their hours as M-F 10-6?
I will be moving from San Francisco in the beginning of March so I'm worried about getting a suit completed in time. Is it possible to get a turnaround of under 3 weeks here? Is there such thing as a "rush" order, given the time spent mailing things back and forth to HK?
Edited by kennon - 2/6/12 at 11:47ampost #88 of 2452/6/12 at 1:06pmpost #89 of 2452/6/12 at 4:03pm
Yep, Andrew is actually already in Hong Kong so the Westin St. Francis shop is closed, but his brother Calvin is at the Sacramento St. shop through Tues. Was great service-- they will squeeze me in for the first fitting tomorrow and hopefully I will still be in town for the second in early March. I went with a fully canvassed suit with their base cloth for $850, and two shirts for $95 each. I've never had a suit that fits, so looking forward to the results!post #90 of 2452/16/12 at 11:43pm
- spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Official RRL Thread 45 seconds ago
- › NWT 40 Boglioli Grey Windowpane Sportcoat 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 7 minutes ago
- › The StyleForum Working Hierarchical Suit Quality List (SFWHSQL!) 12 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 15 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...