Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- brandHolland Esquiretagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemHolland Esquire Long sleeve shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- brandLoro Pianatagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- My dream suit for autumn/winter Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42am in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco - Page 6
Styleforum Top Pickspost #77 of 24512/7/11 at 12:21ampost #78 of 24512/7/11 at 12:32ampost #79 of 24512/8/11 at 5:38pmReceived my first pair of pants from them. Overall, I am quite pleased. I had two fittings after my initial measurement, and they followed all of my instructions, including giving me a little more room in the upper thighs and butt, while shaping a more narrow leg. I have an athletic frame and have a terrible time with pants off the rack. These are by far my best fitting pants. The rubber strip in the back to keep shirts tucked is a nice touch. Total in was $190 for their "standard" fabric. I will probably try more in the future.post #80 of 24512/9/11 at 10:09pmpost #81 of 24512/10/11 at 1:27pmpost #82 of 24512/14/11 at 2:06pmQuote:
Fabric was courtesy of SF member badsha, in this case it's Grande & Rubinelli but he has access to several manufacturers. I'm 5'11" with a long torso, and 1.5 meters is enough. Badsha's prices are very fair, and it does save money compared to buying similar material from Spoon, especially on the higher end materials.post #83 of 24512/14/11 at 3:40pmRoberto Bruno will sell directly to individuals, his contact information below:
TESSITURA GRANDI & RUBINELLI S.R.L.
Strada per Novara n. 280 - 28062 CAMERI (NO)
Tel. +39-0321-622458 Fax +39-0321-679464
Registro Imprese di Novara n. 13670
Capitale Sociale Euro 110.000 interamente versatopost #84 of 2451/29/12 at 11:32pmpost #85 of 2451/31/12 at 12:46pmpost #86 of 2452/4/12 at 9:19pm
Just as an update, I stopped in today to order a shirt which came out to be about $100.
I asked about suits and was told that the standard option is half canvassed, but they do have a full canvass option now. I believe he said it was only an extra $50 for it full canvass, but don't quote me on that. Starting price for a suit is $800 and goes up depending on fabric.
Really looking forward to seeing the end result. This will be my first bespoke shirt and the guys were very professional and courteous in helping me out.post #87 of 2452/6/12 at 11:10am
Edit: I just called and I guess they had a bit of a late start today. Andrew said turnaround time right now is about 1.5 months; I'm going in to see him this afternoon-- will post again as things progress!
I am really excited about checking this place out! However, when I stopped by around 10am on the way to work, the Sacramento St. shop was closed and no one picked up the phone. I thought perhaps I got the time wrong but yelp lists their hours as M-F 10-6?
I will be moving from San Francisco in the beginning of March so I'm worried about getting a suit completed in time. Is it possible to get a turnaround of under 3 weeks here? Is there such thing as a "rush" order, given the time spent mailing things back and forth to HK?
Edited by kennon - 2/6/12 at 11:47ampost #88 of 2452/6/12 at 1:06pmpost #89 of 2452/6/12 at 4:03pm
Yep, Andrew is actually already in Hong Kong so the Westin St. Francis shop is closed, but his brother Calvin is at the Sacramento St. shop through Tues. Was great service-- they will squeeze me in for the first fitting tomorrow and hopefully I will still be in town for the second in early March. I went with a fully canvassed suit with their base cloth for $850, and two shirts for $95 each. I've never had a suit that fits, so looking forward to the results!post #90 of 2452/16/12 at 11:43pm
- spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 30 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 33 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?