Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- brandHolland Esquiretagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- itemHolland Esquire Long sleeve shirttagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- brandLoro Pianatagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- My dream suit for autumn/winter Last post on 9/19/11 at 2:42am in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- Going to a wedding: Need help picking outfit! Last post on 8/10/11 at 11:35am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco - Page 6post #77 of 23112/7/11 at 12:21ampost #78 of 23112/7/11 at 12:32ampost #79 of 23112/8/11 at 5:38pmReceived my first pair of pants from them. Overall, I am quite pleased. I had two fittings after my initial measurement, and they followed all of my instructions, including giving me a little more room in the upper thighs and butt, while shaping a more narrow leg. I have an athletic frame and have a terrible time with pants off the rack. These are by far my best fitting pants. The rubber strip in the back to keep shirts tucked is a nice touch. Total in was $190 for their "standard" fabric. I will probably try more in the future.post #80 of 23112/9/11 at 10:09pmpost #81 of 23112/10/11 at 1:27pmpost #82 of 23112/14/11 at 2:06pmQuote:
Fabric was courtesy of SF member badsha, in this case it's Grande & Rubinelli but he has access to several manufacturers. I'm 5'11" with a long torso, and 1.5 meters is enough. Badsha's prices are very fair, and it does save money compared to buying similar material from Spoon, especially on the higher end materials.post #83 of 23112/14/11 at 3:40pmRoberto Bruno will sell directly to individuals, his contact information below:
TESSITURA GRANDI & RUBINELLI S.R.L.
Strada per Novara n. 280 - 28062 CAMERI (NO)
Tel. +39-0321-622458 Fax +39-0321-679464
Registro Imprese di Novara n. 13670
Capitale Sociale Euro 110.000 interamente versatopost #84 of 2311/29/12 at 11:32pmpost #85 of 2311/31/12 at 12:46pmpost #86 of 2312/4/12 at 9:19pm
Just as an update, I stopped in today to order a shirt which came out to be about $100.
I asked about suits and was told that the standard option is half canvassed, but they do have a full canvass option now. I believe he said it was only an extra $50 for it full canvass, but don't quote me on that. Starting price for a suit is $800 and goes up depending on fabric.
Really looking forward to seeing the end result. This will be my first bespoke shirt and the guys were very professional and courteous in helping me out.post #87 of 2312/6/12 at 11:10am
Edit: I just called and I guess they had a bit of a late start today. Andrew said turnaround time right now is about 1.5 months; I'm going in to see him this afternoon-- will post again as things progress!
I am really excited about checking this place out! However, when I stopped by around 10am on the way to work, the Sacramento St. shop was closed and no one picked up the phone. I thought perhaps I got the time wrong but yelp lists their hours as M-F 10-6?
I will be moving from San Francisco in the beginning of March so I'm worried about getting a suit completed in time. Is it possible to get a turnaround of under 3 weeks here? Is there such thing as a "rush" order, given the time spent mailing things back and forth to HK?
Edited by kennon - 2/6/12 at 11:47ampost #88 of 2312/6/12 at 1:06pmpost #89 of 2312/6/12 at 4:03pm
Yep, Andrew is actually already in Hong Kong so the Westin St. Francis shop is closed, but his brother Calvin is at the Sacramento St. shop through Tues. Was great service-- they will squeeze me in for the first fitting tomorrow and hopefully I will still be in town for the second in early March. I went with a fully canvassed suit with their base cloth for $850, and two shirts for $95 each. I've never had a suit that fits, so looking forward to the results!post #90 of 2312/16/12 at 11:43pm
- spoon tailor -hong kong bespoke operation in San Francisco
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 59 seconds ago
- › RL C&J CORDOVAN SHOES JUNE '14 EDITION and other rlpl shoe models... 1 minute ago
- › COAT CLEAROUT - Stone Island puffer jacket (discount for summer) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 8 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 10 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)