or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine - Page 101

post #1501 of 5403
Waiting to see pics...can you pull up your old pics and post a side by side of the leather. BTW...if you have shell buy some Saphir Reno...works amazing. Ive had both and now use the venetian on CXL and Saphir on shell. JT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

HORRAY!!!

They got it right this time!  Camera charging, will post pics.

Hardly any nicks or scratches on this pair.

The white stitching really does make a big difference in the overall look in my opinion.  The brown stitching was quite nice too, to be honest.

One thing that is very VERY bizarre is that it looks like other shell cordovan this time (glossy).  They also smell different than the last pair.  I think they may have sent me CXL the first time.  The leather feels totally different this time.  Less oily.  Also thinner.

Thank you to those who encouraged me not to settle for the first pair.  These boots are definitely more to my satisfaction.  I haven't tried them on yet, just inspected them.  Wonder if I should hit them with some venetian before wearing?  I'll definitely be babying these.

Think I'll take my dog to the game lands and try to scare up some grouse.  This is turning out to be a good day!
post #1502 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

HORRAY!!!

 

They got it right this time!  Camera charging, will post pics.

 

Hardly any nicks or scratches on this pair.

 

The white stitching really does make a big difference in the overall look in my opinion.  The brown stitching was quite nice too, to be honest.

 

One thing that is very VERY bizarre is that it looks like other shell cordovan this time (glossy).  They also smell different than the last pair.  I think they may have sent me CXL the first time.  The leather feels totally different this time.  Less oily.  Also thinner.

 

Thank you to those who encouraged me not to settle for the first pair.  These boots are definitely more to my satisfaction.  I haven't tried them on yet, just inspected them.  Wonder if I should hit them with some venetian before wearing?  I'll definitely be babying these.

 

Think I'll take my dog to the game lands and try to scare up some grouse.  This is turning out to be a good day!

Congrats!  Alls well that ends well... looking forward to some pics!

post #1503 of 5403
Great to hear, Bakes. That first pair just keeps getting more and more mysterious, but probably best to just let it go.

I use Venetian Shoe Cream on all my shell, personally. Nothing against Saphir. Never had the chance to give it a try.

Will look forward to the photos, and take a few of the grouse as well. I love a game bird.

Enjoy!
post #1504 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankCowperwood View Post

Great to hear, Bakes. That first pair just keeps getting more and more mysterious, but probably best to just let it go.
I use Venetian Shoe Cream on all my shell, personally. Nothing against Saphir. Never had the chance to give it a try.
Will look forward to the photos, and take a few of the grouse as well. I love a game bird.
Enjoy!

I have both and use Venetian Cream on my shell. They both work about the same on shell, IMO, but Venetian Cream is $16 / quart and Reno is $22 / small bottle. Reno's better on calf IMO. 

post #1505 of 5403

New pair: (distinguishable by its white stitching and unmistakable shell cordovan shine)

 

The pics that are with no flash you can see that the lining is bright orange.  The pics with the flash, the lining looks tan.

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

Daylight Pics:

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

 

 

Old Pair: (Not exactly what I wanted, but still nice.)

 

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

 

 

I'll probably just admire these for a few days/weeks before actually wearing them.  I hate even to tie them up and leave lace imprints on the tongue (ridiculous, I know).  Also think I might try some flat laces in them and then decide which I like better.  I plan on rocking them with jeans and thick wale corduroys.  I'll try to post some pics when I take them in to the wild.

 

 

Sorry Frank, came home empty handed, again.  Still nice to get some fresh air and exercise though.  Good for the dog too.  She is a lab shepherd mix but lacks any hunting instinct whatsoever.  She has very much the shepherd personality, and not so much the lab.  Anyway, set out planning on hunting grouse, but quickly got tired of all the bushwhacking, so I switched to high-brass loads and headed in to the open fields for pheasant.  They stock the game lands with pheasant Oct-Thanksgiving (then it becomes deer season), and again right before xmas, so they haven't released any for 6 weeks.  I wouldn't have thought there were any grouse in this area, but when I was hunting pheasant earlier this year my GF's dad put one up.

post #1506 of 5403
^Those are completely different boots from the original pair. I really liked the first round, but the new pair are truly something else entirely. Wow.

And that sounds like a pretty good afternoon you had, even without bagging an actual bird. It's good to get out and into the countryside to tromp around a little. Must be something like that around where I am. Will have to look into it.
post #1507 of 5403

^Thank you, Sir.

post #1508 of 5403
Nice boots Bakes! Glad to hear they got you squared away.

Your new boots remind me a lot of these (although they aren't shell).

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/speedway-shop/tma1123/
post #1509 of 5403

Thank you.  I'm glad as well.

 

You are right, an undeniable resemblance.  One could really kick some ass in boots like those

post #1510 of 5403
Got my first pair of Rancourt & Co. shoes today, penny loafers from the Club Monaco collab via their recent 30% off sale. The fit is a bit off, but I usually have trouble finding well-fitting shoes. The fit is perfect in the front but I get a fair bit of heel slippage (but they're still entirely wearable). I may have preferred a 10.5B (they are a 10.5D), but it only came in the D width and a 10D would probably have been too short.

I'm quite happy with them and will likely order again from Rancourt (albeit possibly in a narrower width through a custom order).

post #1511 of 5403

Congrats on your first pair.  The slippage may go away as they wear in.

post #1512 of 5403

Just read on their Facebook that they are launching their Custom Shoes Website in January.

post #1513 of 5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakes11771 View Post

Just read on their Facebook that they are launching their Custom Shoes Website in January.

My bank account will not like that.
post #1514 of 5403
There's a bunch of Rancourt made shoes on sale at Ralph Lauren.
Use BZR2932 for an additional 10%.
Takes them down to around $200 + tax and free ship.
post #1515 of 5403
Here's the venetian mocs I ordered in the summer:



I actually took these pics to assess the fit of some mtm pants and shirt by Luxire, but since I haven't posted pics of the loafers, I figured I'd post this here.

The loafers are great. The color's just much lighter than the swatch I ordered.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine