or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)

post #1 of 2371
Thread Starter 
due to a few things i have read plus some other requests i think it is about time to let the original shoe porn thread just for MTO and RTW and for those that want it HARDER - then we can have Bespoke only here.

so here are my few - sorry if you are a non G&G fran!! but it kicks the ball rolling, bring those Delos's and Cleverley's even dare i say it Paprika!!!!





[









post #2 of 2371
Lovely shoes...I am particularly struck by the seamless whole cut And the skin stitched split-toes are remarkable if only for the workmanship and the degree of difficulty. In fact, I think shoes should be rated somewhat along the same lines as a gymnast or a diver...a pair would get a score for overal appearance, techniques and a multiplier for degree of difficulty. When MTO or RTW is done well it is pretty dern good. When it is done poorly it is poor indeed. When bespoke is done poorly it is disappointing at the very least, but when it is done well it is clearly on another level altogether.
post #3 of 2371
I think between Luk-Cha and I, we have shown G&G to be the kings of bespoke.
post #4 of 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855 View Post
I think between Luk-Cha and I, we have shown G&G to be the kings of bespoke.

I am still smitten with those spilt toe norwegians and think those in a ligher brown such as maple or pine would be great, although i am huge fan of the Vintage cherry.
post #5 of 2371
WS Foster:








GJ Cleverley:





post #6 of 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855 View Post
I think between Luk-Cha and I, we have shown G&G to be the kings of bespoke.

Uh, no
post #7 of 2371
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
Lovely shoes...I am particularly struck by the seamless whole cut And the skin stitched split-toes are remarkable if only for the workmanship and the degree of difficulty.

In fact, I think shoes should be rated somewhat along the same lines as a gymnast or a diver...a pair would get a score for overal appearance, techniques and a multiplier for degree of difficulty.

When MTO or RTW is done well it is pretty dern good. When it is done poorly it is poor indeed.

When bespoke is done poorly it is disappointing at the very least, but when it is done well it is clearly on another level altogether.

cheers! the split toe is also only front seamed they dont have a rear seem, let me see if i have a piccy



this was (this was my first commission) as i new all shoes basically need(ed) 1 seam so if a split toe why not THE split toe

as for the seemless, well i have nag poor Tony for too long in the end he just tried and had a sucess
post #8 of 2371
i'm just a beginner, but my lobb paris..
LL
post #9 of 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
i'm just a beginner, but lobb paris..

Very nice.
post #10 of 2371
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmoore1855 View Post
I think between Luk-Cha and I, we have shown G&G to be the kings of bespoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Uh, no

well i would not say that too! as all have their + and -

but i would love to set up a world chanpionship for it thro
post #11 of 2371
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
i'm just a beginner, but my lobb paris..

well it is like 3 pairs of G&G's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley View Post
Very nice.

+1
post #12 of 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
well i would not say that too! as all have their + and -

but i would love to set up a world chanpionship for it thro

Just different styles really. If you prefer more stylized bespoke shoes, then G&G is certainly the right call. If, on the other hand, you like something traditional and "correct", Cleverley may be the best place for you.
post #13 of 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk-cha View Post
well i would not say that too! as all have their + and -

but i would love to set up a world chanpionship for it thro

Just kidding, they are a bit stylised and not to everyones taste. But I need to support the guy who lived up the road from me for 20 years
post #14 of 2371
I don't know what to call those wine coloured Fosters ...Adelaides? Balmorals?...but they are very nice. The lines, the proportions, the workmanship! And the Russia calf are without peer. I particularly like the way the tongue is a little longer on them and the broguing on the tongue syncs with the broguing on the instep.
post #15 of 2371
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
I don't know what to call those wine coloured Fosters ...Adelaides? Balmorals?...but they are very nice. The lines, the proportions, the workmanship!

And the Russia calf are without peer.

Thanks. Fosters refers to them as Adelaides.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only)