or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Some smart but casual looks for the weekend
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Some smart but casual looks for the weekend - Page 2

post #16 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouji
I'm with you - a polo with jeans or chinos can look too bland; add linen and it looks 'dressed'.

Admittedly, the OC is much hotter than London, but it has been about 35 C (95 F) for the past 5 days, and before that 28 C (83 F) ish.

I wouldn't say it's much hotter, although it did hit triple digits in Newport last saturday for the first time in my memory. LA though... it was 120 in Pomona last weekend. <sigh>
post #17 of 22
I've been trying out a bunch of different stuff this summer.

I like the look of an untucked polo, especially long sleeve, with jeans. It looks great if everything is fitted properly.

What does everyone else think of a button up shirt with jeans? I can never seem to make it work. I hate the look of an untucked button up shirt but I'm also not a fan of tucking into jeans.

I've been wearing some of my lighter button up shirts tucked into a pair of linen pants when I go out in the evening. I think this is a pretty standard look but I like it.
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
I wouldn't say it's much hotter, although it did hit triple digits in Newport last saturday for the first time in my memory. LA though... it was 120 in Pomona last weekend. <sigh>
Hey now . . . I realize Pomona is in LA County, but it's hardly what most people think of when you say "LA". Indeed, almost nobody I know who lives in or around the City of Los Angeles would consider Pomona to be "LA". It's definitely been hot in LA - probably approaching 100 downtown, a bit less on the westside - we don't accept responsiblity for what happens in Pomona. But yeah, inland gets insanely hot. Went to Big Bear this past weekend, and driving through the Rancho Cucomonga/San Bernadino area the thermometer was reading something crazy like 116 . . .
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Hey now . . . I realize Pomona is in LA County, but it's hardly what most people think of when you say "LA". Indeed, almost nobody I know who lives in or around the City of Los Angeles would consider Pomona to be "LA". It's definitely been hot in LA - probably approaching 100 downtown, a bit less on the westside - we don't accept responsiblity for what happens in Pomona. But yeah, inland gets insanely hot. Went to Big Bear this past weekend, and driving through the Rancho Cucomonga/San Bernadino area the thermometer was reading something crazy like 116 . . .
well, i think last weekend was just an anomaly. closer to "LA" it was 109 in Pasadena and a record 119 in Woodland Hills. Downtown LA was only 101. so it's not just hot in Pomona.

-Jeff
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamelan
well, i think last weekend was just an anomaly. closer to "LA" it was 109 in Pasadena and a record 119 in Woodland Hills. Downtown LA was only 101. so it's not just hot in Pomona.

-Jeff
Fair enough - Pasadena qualifies as greater LA. Woodland Hills - well, some of us like to pretend that the Mulholland ridge is the edge of the world.
post #21 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Hey now . . . I realize Pomona is in LA County, but it's hardly what most people think of when you say "LA". Indeed, almost nobody I know who lives in or around the City of Los Angeles would consider Pomona to be "LA". It's definitely been hot in LA - probably approaching 100 downtown, a bit less on the westside - we don't accept responsiblity for what happens in Pomona. But yeah, inland gets insanely hot. Went to Big Bear this past weekend, and driving through the Rancho Cucomonga/San Bernadino area the thermometer was reading something crazy like 116 . . .

To people from Orange County, LA County (or anything north of HB for the most part) is LA... heh
post #22 of 22
If long sleeves are it, then another combination is a long-sleeved linen button-front with cotton chinos. To make it casual (let's assume the shirt is conservative-looking), wear casual shoes (suede, perhaps) and a stylish belt and don't fasten the shirt's top button. Or you can substitute a shirt with a camp collar (though the long-sleeved kind can be hard to find).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Some smart but casual looks for the weekend