Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 3/27/16 at 2:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
Where should the points on my shirt collar lie in relation to my...
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5857post #87841 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:31ampost #87842 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:32ampost #87843 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:34amQuote:
Casey, do you have a pair of brown chukkas? I kind of really like this, but I also kind of think different footwear would make it better.Quote:Originally Posted by Tirailleur1Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:Originally Posted by InHocSignio
Ouch, that is honestly the most hurtful thing that anyone's ever done to me online. I never thought "Internet stuff" would affect me -- insults don't really -- but truly for like an hour or two after I read this comment I was very sad. Now I'm mostly tired, but yeah, this was definitely unexpected.
I suppose SVB might have little reason to suspect it, but his style and one other person's actually inspired lots of my recent clothing purchases. Pics from his Tumblr come up alot when you search #SNSHerning there, and I actually copped my Stark because I saw a "normal looking person" could wear it. Tons of fit pics in different colors, and I just loved the versatility of how he wore it. I also just bought my first piece from Epaulet, mint green rivet chinos, because and another poster with a Tumlbr I respected seem to buy alot from there. Both seemed to dress well without their clothes overwhelming their personalities, and I liked that I might still look even better than I had while remaining myself. I was even feeling particularly warm toward this poster because of this inspiring story about his style transformation, hoping I might eventually achieve the same transition; that's why I was concerned to see that he agreed I was "trolling", and why I wanted to understand things with a PM.
Now I wonder how that guy and this guy are the same person. The joke is definitely on my dumb ass.
Dude, I gave you the option to say "fuck off, I don't know you." I could understand that; no one needs groupies, and maybe there are legitimate reasons not to engage a potential troll. But to repost a long personal message asking for genuine advice in full? To dress the part of a gentleman and not play it? Yeah, trust me, I'm not skilled enough to be on that superduper next level troll shit to calculate that SVB would refan this petty drama for all to see, when I genuinely tried to bow out.
Ignoring the opinions of people like caseyfud, a moral midget whose opinion I could give two shits about, I'm getting the impression CDHagg, Tiralleur, and a few others think that to finally get to that next level one has to become to an asshole. That's what this means, right: "My gut tells me he's legit. I used to have the same mindset/attitude, and I wasn't trolling."? Ah, as soon I've "made it", I'll stop being so damn pretentious and start punking noobs with the vigor of the truly enlightened. Why? All my original point, after being flamed, was I don't get why the few obnoxious posters in this thread have to ruin how others get their advice.
But there is a silver lining to all this. SVB has driven away the troll! There are only a few others who could have done it; you've found the fucking magic beans, you piece of shit. What's up is down and what's down is up and I can't tell if I'm being driven by people looking for "value" by investing in quality "pieces", or being driven down the river toward the heart of darkness by petty, truly nasty pieces of work.
what waitaminute... how did I get dragged into this?
You commented after I did that I was being honest, or something like that.
BTW what ever happened to our meetup? We were going to do a Houston meetup or something, but it never happened...post #87844 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:41am
wow tots forgot about the meetup. We shall have many other chances... H town is like a second base...
as for my statement... how did he come to that conclusion? I was laughing more at you than him... because of how honest it read.post #87845 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:42ampost #87846 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:57amQuote:
Well, he thought I was saying that he needs to become an asshole to get to the next level... you seemed to be in agreement with what I was saying, even though I was saying something completely different.
Oh, and I don't actually live in Houston anymore. I visit on occasion, but I'm glad to be gone.
NOBD - great fit. One of your best I think.post #87847 of 1176662/26/13 at 5:58ampost #87848 of 1176662/26/13 at 6:00ampost #87849 of 1176662/26/13 at 6:04ampost #87850 of 1176662/26/13 at 6:05ampost #87851 of 1176662/26/13 at 6:28amQuote:
thanks for the info. that jacket is effffing awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by NOBD
Ready for spring Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
looks great. you are looking slender. i hate you.post #87852 of 1176662/26/13 at 6:31ampost #87853 of 1176662/26/13 at 6:39ampost #87854 of 1176662/26/13 at 7:33ampost #87855 of 1176662/26/13 at 7:37am
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Maftei Shoes - Vienna - Bespoke, MTO , RTW 26 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 26 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking... 30 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts