Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What color of DRESS shirt to wear with DARK blue jeans? Last post on 11/4/10 at 7:44am in Classic Menswear
- MARGARET HOWELL Fall/Winter 2013 Last post on 6/19/15 at 4:28am in Streetwear and Denim
- After Hours Look Last post on 2/23/14 at 5:19pm in Streetwear and Denim
- shirts and general fit question for V shaped body Last post on 4/29/13 at 6:49am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my ModernTailor shirt fit & measurements Last post on 9/1/11 at 10:42am in Classic Menswear
CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...
Last edited: 3/30/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
The WAYWT Discussion Thread - Page 5266post #78976 of 11766811/5/12 at 9:56am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #78977 of 11766811/5/12 at 10:08ampost #78978 of 11766811/5/12 at 11:06amQuote:Originally Posted by conceptual 4est
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
i think i would like this better without the shirt tied around the waist.
maybe i just dont get SWD yet.post #78979 of 11766811/5/12 at 11:10am
there are no rules. your opinion is valid. he might just have been comfortable with a shirt around his waist, given his profession as a maid/sous-chef at Iwvri's restaurant he is accustomed to wearing garments there.
or maybe his hips were cold. who are we to judge.post #78980 of 11766811/5/12 at 11:16ampost #78981 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:28pmpost #78982 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:30pmpost #78983 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:34pmIdk, matte black jeans are being altered to taper better. Its not as shiny in real life. Whichever one makes you feel better teger. No graphic t though.
Still, don't really think its a problem how shiny it is. Nothing is that garish or in your face. Its pretty basic stuff.post #78984 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:41pmQuote:
Why not take advantage of some of the online offers and try frames at home for free. IIRC, Warby Parker does this (order 5 frames tot ry on at home, don't have to pay).
I wear glasses too, and completely agree. I got 10+ years out of my last ones, so I want to be sure I liked the new ones I bought.post #78985 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:49pmQuote:
Ha it's sort of tween's signature, he was inspired by Japanese streetwear lookbooks, iirc.
You're one of the first MCers to come here in a while with an actually positive approach, it seems like you're interested in what we do here which is cool. It takes a while to get accustomed to some of the styles here, but soon enough they'll have you inspired to branch out a bit yourself, you'll seepost #78986 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:52pmI think people forget that GDL is a MC superstar also - yet people who respect his opinion there couldn't give two shits about anything here.
What was most telling about that experimental thread that Fok created was the difference in mindset.post #78987 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:52pmpost #78988 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:56pmpost #78989 of 11766811/5/12 at 2:57pm
actually saw a similar pair downtown just today, will see if I can find a link
edit: I remembered wrong, weren't really that similarbut here's a pic anyway (Click to show)
Edited by kindofyoung - 11/5/12 at 3:14pmpost #78990 of 11766811/5/12 at 3:10pmQuote:
Aw yea, well gdl has been a SW&D fixture for as long as I can remember, and his buys are so damn good I always forget he wasn't at first one of us
This thread is locked
- The WAYWT Discussion Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 2 minutes ago
- › YAECA White Cotton Short-Sleeve Comfort Shirt M BNWT 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...