or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew S/S 10 Discussion
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion - Page 225

post #3361 of 5155
Aside from being glossy plastic instead of MOP, the thing that bothers me most about the buttons on the red chambray buttons is on the right hand side you have the normal center button, then a button next to that for the extended tab collar, then under that another button for the hidden collar buttoning. And they're all the same oversized buttons so its just like a big mass of white plastic on that side. I guess not a huge issue with the collar down but I do admit I like sorta doing a lazy pop of the collar on that shirt sometimes because it's a really short collar otherwise. Yeah I know, stealing the lookbook look. So sue me...

Having said all that, I love the shirt. No thread issues - it's solid and durable even with my machine washing/drying.
post #3362 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-rock View Post
Aside from being glossy plastic instead of MOP, the thing that bothers me most about the buttons on the red chambray buttons is on the right hand side you have the normal center button, then a button next to that for the extended tab collar, then under that another button for the hidden collar buttoning. And they're all the same oversized buttons so its just like a big mass of white plastic on that side. I guess not a huge issue with the collar down but I do admit I like sorta doing a lazy pop of the collar on that shirt sometimes because it's a really short collar otherwise. Yeah I know, stealing the lookbook look. So sue me...

Having said all that, I love the shirt. No thread issues - it's solid and durable even with my machine washing/drying.

Why not remove the collar buttons? I'll likely do that when I get my plastic buttons replaced with MoPs
post #3363 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareone View Post
just use the red phone at any j.crew store. they'll find it for you and ship it to the store for pick up.

Actually they can have it shipped directly to ur house.
post #3364 of 5155
Just picked up this belt Its a lil short for me. Got a sm/m I'm a regular 32 but i think i like my belts just longer.Anyone think its cool?? Also got some two lightweight shirts, that pale blue gingham and some new striped grey lightweight not on the web yet.jeaaalouss??
post #3365 of 5155
they sold out the fireman jacket? hard to believe
post #3366 of 5155
Vernon-Dozier do you remember if the grove j crew had any larges in the redland plaid or the meridian madras?
post #3367 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareone View Post
just use the red phone at any j.crew store. they'll find it for you and ship it to the store for pick up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synovoid View Post
they sold out the fireman jacket? hard to believe
Yea, they sold out of it in 'bout 2 weeks. And no more restocking. Really, they'll find one for me and ship it as well?
post #3368 of 5155
sun faded oxfords are on point.
post #3369 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by fettuccine View Post
Yea, they sold out of it in 'bout 2 weeks. And no more restocking.
Really, they'll find one for me and ship it as well?

Yes. Why don't you pick up a phone and call somebody?
post #3370 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanatos View Post
Just picked up this belt

Its a lil short for me. Got a sm/m I'm a regular 32 but i think i like my belts just longer.Anyone think its cool??

Also got some two lightweight shirts, that pale blue gingham and some new striped grey lightweight not on the web yet.jeaaalouss??

I dig it, it would be great for so many occassions.
post #3371 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
I dig it, it would be great for so many occassions.

+1
post #3372 of 5155
In prior seasons those striped web belts were cotton. Like the style and have several of those belts in various preppy colors, but not sure about the plastic-y, shiny, nylon they're using this season.
post #3373 of 5155
OK, so I got the red chambray. now I'm wondering about button replacement. the ones on the shirt look like doll parts. do i replace with wood or MOP buttons?
post #3374 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by a-rock View Post
In prior seasons those striped web belts were cotton. Like the style and have several of those belts in various preppy colors, but not sure about the plastic-y, shiny, nylon they're using this season.

and $30 for a nylon belt seemed steep to me

i do like them though
post #3375 of 5155
Quote:
Originally Posted by mharwitt View Post
OK, so I got the red chambray. now I'm wondering about button replacement. the ones on the shirt look like doll parts. do i replace with wood or MOP buttons?

There you go. I highly recommend MoP and here is a link to the seller I purchased mine from recently (I got the white) and they are just what the doctor ordered for these utility shirts: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...36#post3088536
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J Crew S/S 10 Discussion