• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Swine Flu

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I gots it.

The good news is I appear to have a mild case. I felt pretty lousy last night (sweats, chills) and my throat hurt like a motherf*er this morning, but I've been up and about most of the day and I'm feeling pretty good, if warm and a bit clammy, right now. Just went to the doc and they confirmed that I have the flu, and since there's not any seasonal flu going around right now, they said they could relatively safely conclude it's the swine flu. Though I have a mild case and am a robust, healthy 32-year-old, they did put me on Tamiflu on account of my 6-1/2 month old. Now I'm infecting up the family keyboard typing this poast out.

I'd be shocked if I were the first SFer with it. Share your experiences with the sensation that's sweeping America!

ele

Reaction score
I feel your pain, caught the H1N1 in Chile or on the way there. It hurting to swallow was the worst part, at the height of it I was flinching in pain even anticipating it. Get well soon!

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i have it to and I feel like total ****.

rjacobs

Reaction score
i had it three weeks ago. everyone and their uncle has it now, so you don't even get any sympathy anymore

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know of at least one other poster here who has had H1N1 and developed into pneumonia. They are better now, but f*ck.

Get well soon.

Nomad_K

Reaction score
Hey man,

Enjoy having a mild case - there are a quite a few people who get a mild infection and no worries after that. Some people catch it and feel like... well... fill in your favorite expletive.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zombies!

superfans124

Reaction score
was available in my area (VA/DC/MD) last week for a short time, was thinking about going to get it. But then found out all the people kemped outside the clinic for the limited vaccine, I just go meh, since they were most elderlys and parents with small babies waiting in the cold, don't want to steal the priority from them.

Besides, as an Asian, flu is not that big of a deal, flu is never as deadly to asians as to others, I'm just going to eat more garlic.

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
I had some sort of flu for a couple weeks, but Im not sure what exactly it was. I didn't go to the doctor or get medicine. I had aches, chills, really bad sore throat and just generally felt like crap. Lasted about two weeks, but symptoms kept coming and going throughout that time. I believe it was just the regular flu, but who knows.

cimabue

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
I had some sort of flu for a couple weeks, but Im not sure what exactly it was. I didn't go to the doctor or get medicine. I had aches, chills, really bad sore throat and just generally felt like crap. Lasted about two weeks, but symptoms kept coming and going throughout that time. I believe it was just the regular flu, but who knows.

That my friend sounds like the piggy. Congrats!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads