Just for reference, my current work shoes are a pair of Black Ecco and pair of Brown Ecco. I also have a pair of Brown J&M's that I'm wearing today with jeans. I tend to wear my brown shoes the most that's why I went with the brown FA.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Randolph Loafertagged by Xchange, 3/6/14
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 3/14/14 at 5:43pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1680
Styles mentioned in this thread:
I still think the dark brown Fifth Ave is a bit formal for what you plan on wearing it with. There are plenty of other shoes in brown that are not quite so formal.
If your local Nordstroms won't take them back, call AE customer service and explain the issue. This wouldn't be the first time that have had this issue
I already own a pair of black/brown Park Avenue's, haha. Maybe I should just keep the Players and cop the Dalton's anyway.
C.I., any self-respecting Louisiana gator hunter wouldn't be caught out on the bateau without his 'Cajun Reeboks'.
Nordstrom had zero sympathy for AE shoes I purchased that developed very deep creases after less than five wearings.
AE insisted I give them the shoe so they can replace it. The manager inspected the shoes and said the leather was substandard. He pointed out where AE uses the best leather on the shoes, where it is supposed to crease and where it isn't supposed to crease.
Thanks for the replies. I can keep more than one! As of now I plan to keep the FA in brown and the Strand in Walnut. (These are from the Nordstrom sale and the AE Tent Sale). This should hold me over until next year's sale when I can get a pair of black, or I can get the Black PA from Nordstrom now....)
AE will price match Nordstrom.
I think Strand in walunt will become your favorite shoe.
Darn, AE Clifton isn't included in the anniversary sale :(
The Clifton was on sale for $199 back in June at Nordstrom. I was able to get a pair in Walnut.
If you have Nordstrom Rack locally, check it. I just saw a few pairs at the rack last week
Wish I knew! I really want to get a pair in Burnished Burgundy before September. I don't have a Rack near by. Does anybody know of any other upcoming sales?
Hi, i'm also new to AE and also about to bite the bullet on the AE strands on the nordstrom website.
I seem to size up as 8E, according to the AE size guide. However, after reading several threads i understand that the Strand is a 5 last, which is longer and narrower.
As I live in Australia, I can't go into a store and try them on for myself (best solution) so it is a bit of a gamble for me.
I own a few Loake 1880 shoes that are size 8.5UK or 9UK with a G fitting and they seem to fit me well if that gives some idea to anyone. And yes, I do have a bit of a wide foot.
Would just like some advice regarding this.
Thanks in advance
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › NIB Viberg Red Suede 145 Plain Toe Oxford UK10.5/US11.5 & UK6.5/US7.5 1 minute ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 2 minutes ago
- › IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0,... 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 15 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 25 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 33 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoe P0rn. 35 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw