or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1680

post #25186 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

 One of my sisters asked me to take my 8 yr. old nephew gator hunting one morning and like OptoDoc I prefer to go barefoot when gator hunting but I find it hard to drive barefoot.

 

C.I., any self-respecting Louisiana gator hunter wouldn't be caught out on the bateau without his 'Cajun Reeboks'.

 

post #25187 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAdam View Post

 

I need me a pair of these.

+1

post #25188 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by csc67 View Post


If your local Nordstroms won't take them back, call AE customer service and explain the issue. This wouldn't be the first time that have had this issue

 

Nordstrom had zero sympathy for AE shoes I purchased that developed very deep creases after less than five wearings.

 

AE insisted I give them the shoe so they can replace it. The manager inspected the shoes and said the leather was substandard. He pointed out where AE uses the best leather on the shoes, where it is supposed to crease and where it isn't supposed to crease.

post #25189 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearlberg View Post

Thanks for the replies.  I can keep more than one!  As of now I plan to keep the FA in brown and the Strand in Walnut.  (These are from the Nordstrom sale and the AE Tent Sale).  This should hold me over until next year's sale when I can get a pair of black, or I can get the Black PA from Nordstrom now....)

AE will price match Nordstrom.

 

I think Strand in walunt will become your favorite shoe.

post #25190 of 49564

 

The Clifton was on sale for $199 back in June at Nordstrom.  I was able to get a pair in Walnut. 

 

If you have Nordstrom Rack locally, check it.  I just saw a few pairs at the rack last week

post #25191 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungSweet View Post

 

The Clifton was on sale for $199 back in June at Nordstrom.  I was able to get a pair in Walnut. 

 

If you have Nordstrom Rack locally, check it.  I just saw a few pairs at the rack last week

Wish I knew! I really want to get a pair in Burnished Burgundy before September. I don't have a Rack near by. Does anybody know of any other upcoming sales?

post #25192 of 49564

Hi, i'm also new to AE and also about to bite the bullet on the AE strands on the nordstrom website.

 

I seem to size up as 8E, according to the AE size guide. However, after reading several threads i understand that the Strand is a 5 last, which is longer and narrower.

 

As I live in Australia, I can't go into a store and try them on for myself (best solution) so it is a bit of a gamble for me.

 

I own a few Loake 1880 shoes that are size 8.5UK or 9UK with a G fitting and they seem to fit me well if that gives some idea to anyone. And yes, I do have a bit of a wide foot.
 

 

Would just like some advice regarding this.

 

Thanks in advance

post #25193 of 49564
Just wondering, where do these prototype AE's being sold on ebay come from?
post #25194 of 49564
Double Post.
post #25195 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd13jd13 View Post

Just wondering, where do these prototype AE's being sold on ebay come from?

usually samples the sales rep carry around

Chris
post #25196 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennuis View Post

Hi, i'm also new to AE and also about to bite the bullet on the AE strands on the nordstrom website.

I seem to size up as 8E, according to the AE size guide. However, after reading several threads i understand that the Strand is a 5 last, which is longer and narrower.

As I live in Australia, I can't go into a store and try them on for myself (best solution) so it is a bit of a gamble for me.

I own a few Loake 1880 shoes that are size 8.5UK or 9UK with a G fitting and they seem to fit me well if that gives some idea to anyone. And yes, I do have a bit of a wide foot.

 

Would just like some advice regarding this.

Thanks in advance

Maybe someone else can give you more specific advice if they own some Loakes, but I can't imagine that you would be an 8US if you are an 8.5 or 9 UK, or that you would be less than a EE or EEE if you are a G fitting.
post #25197 of 49564

So I received a pair of 2nds as a gift. However there are some creases and I would like either exchange it or return it for another style. I don't have a receipt since this was a gift. Any solutions to this? I'm not even sure which place he got it from. The shoe is unworn, but it has some creases on the leather. 

post #25198 of 49564

The IMMINGHAM is a shoe similar to the AE Grayson... Made for Ralph Lauren. Wish I had some more information or pictures to post. Anyway seems like a nice shoe I wish I wore an 8E or 9E if I did I would order the chocolate suede which is available for $259.

post #25199 of 49564
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecooldude33 View Post



A pic of my walnut Rutledges

VERY nice. Enjoy.

post #25200 of 49564

Would it be stupid to precondition new AE shoes with renovateur before wearing them? I'm not sure wether the leather is dried up if it sits in the factory boxes too long. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread