But if you read closely, the shoe they had to switch to chocolate was the mcgraw loafer. I'm not sure I want very dark loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 8/29/15 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 8/29/15 at 12:44pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on Today at 10:44 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 8/4/15 at 11:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1129
Styleforum Top Picks
That would be my mistake. I just saw that one of the shoes had to be switched, and between quick reading and a few colors being throw in, I got "frazzled". I was wondering why you used the word "loafer," but it makes a lot more sense now. They'll be great.
Someone said "discontinued" for the 2 for $250. I have not talked to anyone at AE, but that makes sense to me. They have previously done 2 for $200 on discontinued models. The really awesome part is that these did not necessarily have to be seconds. I got two Italian shoes last time and had the Quintons (returned them - kind of regret it). They look like firsts to me.
This is different than seconds of current models.
But shoot them an email and ask!
Anyway, i went to the hardware store and bought dowels about the same thickness as the connecting dowels. With a coping saw I cut them about 1.5" longer than the originals. This left me with just about an inch of space in between each rack. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have added an extra inch, still.
here's a closeup of the spacing:
And several rows:
AE actually sells spacers made of cedar to add space, but they don't have them at Jos A Bank (and hence I can't get the at 70% off) so I didn't bother with them.
Hope this helps someone who needs more headspace in these racks!
On the 2 for $250 sale, I didn't find much of note. I know one or two individuals on Reddit snagged a pair of Shell Dundees (7.5 & 11.5). The only boots I noticed were chukkas; Amok/Malvern/Katmai. The Italian loafers are on the list as well. If anyone is interested, here's the lists for 9D/9E/9.5D/9.5E/10B from the Shoe Bank. They're about a day or two old. I would still suggest shooting an e-mail in case they've added a wider selection to the list.
I remember someone was looking to snag a pair of Player's, well, this is your chance! They're on the list!
I forgot to thank you for uploading these earlier!
Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:08pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Third Planet Apparel needs your help. 5 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 11 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 14 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 15 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 19 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015