But if you read closely, the shoe they had to switch to chocolate was the mcgraw loafer. I'm not sure I want very dark loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's The Links Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- IC: Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Mora 2.0, McTavish, Neumok, Park Ave, Fifth... Last post on 8/28/14 at 5:50am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Battle of the Longwings: Alden vs. Florsheim Limited vs. Allen Edmonds Last post on 6/20/13 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- 4 PAIRS OF EXOTIC SKIN SHOES - ALLEN EDMONDS & MEZLAN Last post on 1/29/14 at 1:13pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Allen Edmonds Berkley 9D PTB (Sleeker than Leeds) Last post on 7/1/13 at 1:49pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Barely worn AE Sanfords Rare color, small size! 7D Last post on 6/28/13 at 2:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1129
Styles mentioned in this thread:
That would be my mistake. I just saw that one of the shoes had to be switched, and between quick reading and a few colors being throw in, I got "frazzled". I was wondering why you used the word "loafer," but it makes a lot more sense now. They'll be great.
Someone said "discontinued" for the 2 for $250. I have not talked to anyone at AE, but that makes sense to me. They have previously done 2 for $200 on discontinued models. The really awesome part is that these did not necessarily have to be seconds. I got two Italian shoes last time and had the Quintons (returned them - kind of regret it). They look like firsts to me.
This is different than seconds of current models.
But shoot them an email and ask!
Anyway, i went to the hardware store and bought dowels about the same thickness as the connecting dowels. With a coping saw I cut them about 1.5" longer than the originals. This left me with just about an inch of space in between each rack. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have added an extra inch, still.
here's a closeup of the spacing:
And several rows:
AE actually sells spacers made of cedar to add space, but they don't have them at Jos A Bank (and hence I can't get the at 70% off) so I didn't bother with them.
Hope this helps someone who needs more headspace in these racks!
On the 2 for $250 sale, I didn't find much of note. I know one or two individuals on Reddit snagged a pair of Shell Dundees (7.5 & 11.5). The only boots I noticed were chukkas; Amok/Malvern/Katmai. The Italian loafers are on the list as well. If anyone is interested, here's the lists for 9D/9E/9.5D/9.5E/10B from the Shoe Bank. They're about a day or two old. I would still suggest shooting an e-mail in case they've added a wider selection to the list.
I remember someone was looking to snag a pair of Player's, well, this is your chance! They're on the list!
I forgot to thank you for uploading these earlier!
Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:08pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 13 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 18 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 26 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 30 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Who made these monkstraps? (Baldessarini) 39 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 39 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Calzoleria shoes 42 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)