But if you read closely, the shoe they had to switch to chocolate was the mcgraw loafer. I'm not sure I want very dark loafers.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's San Marco Oxfordtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on Today at 5:15 pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- IC:BLACK FRIDAY Allen Edmonds Shoes and BELTS MEGA THREAD Sale!!! Carlyle, University, Mora 2.0,... Last post on 12/12/14 at 9:57pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- $650 ALLEN EDMONDS Horween Shell Cordovan 10 D Bradley Goodyear Welted Shoes Last post on 9/30/14 at 6:41am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- *** FINAL PRICE DROP *** ALLEN EDMONDS CAMBRIDGE SHELL CORDOVAN. EXCELLENT CONDITION. SIZE 9 Last post on 4/16/13 at 11:59am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - Page 1129
Styleforum Top Picks
That would be my mistake. I just saw that one of the shoes had to be switched, and between quick reading and a few colors being throw in, I got "frazzled". I was wondering why you used the word "loafer," but it makes a lot more sense now. They'll be great.
Someone said "discontinued" for the 2 for $250. I have not talked to anyone at AE, but that makes sense to me. They have previously done 2 for $200 on discontinued models. The really awesome part is that these did not necessarily have to be seconds. I got two Italian shoes last time and had the Quintons (returned them - kind of regret it). They look like firsts to me.
This is different than seconds of current models.
But shoot them an email and ask!
Anyway, i went to the hardware store and bought dowels about the same thickness as the connecting dowels. With a coping saw I cut them about 1.5" longer than the originals. This left me with just about an inch of space in between each rack. If I had to do it over again, I probably would have added an extra inch, still.
here's a closeup of the spacing:
And several rows:
AE actually sells spacers made of cedar to add space, but they don't have them at Jos A Bank (and hence I can't get the at 70% off) so I didn't bother with them.
Hope this helps someone who needs more headspace in these racks!
On the 2 for $250 sale, I didn't find much of note. I know one or two individuals on Reddit snagged a pair of Shell Dundees (7.5 & 11.5). The only boots I noticed were chukkas; Amok/Malvern/Katmai. The Italian loafers are on the list as well. If anyone is interested, here's the lists for 9D/9E/9.5D/9.5E/10B from the Shoe Bank. They're about a day or two old. I would still suggest shooting an e-mail in case they've added a wider selection to the list.
I remember someone was looking to snag a pair of Player's, well, this is your chance! They're on the list!
I forgot to thank you for uploading these earlier!
Edited by hexagon - 3/6/13 at 9:08pm
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › *** The official and awesome DIY thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › FS: Skull Jeans Raw 5010XX Sz. 28 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 24 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...