or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 4556  

post #68326 of 70737

Sorry for all the questions, but which would you recommend? 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Allen-Edmonds-MAXFIELD-Brown-Chili-Slip-On-Tassel-Calf-Loafers-9D-/172028415686?hash=item280db14ec6:g:W~EAAOSwv-NWWVpG

 

or

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Edmonds-USA-Newport-Brown-Leather-Tasseled-Dress-Loafers-SZ-9-D-/321941621249?ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123&rmvSB=true

post #68327 of 70737

I don't think either one is AE's best work. I'd like to see the insides of the Newport to get a sense of how clean and heavily worn they are. The woven edges of the Mayfield may not hold up as well as solid leather but for $50/60 that may not matter. Both would work with charcoal pants.
post #68328 of 70737

Decided to go with the Newports. Don't need them for much, so I think for $60, they're pretty good. 

post #68329 of 70737
Great decision. I ordered a pair of McTavish in cognac just a couple days ago and its good hearing your thoughts about yours.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
post #68330 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattikins View Post

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I am a first time poster here on styleforum. I have been lurking for quite a few months and have been in the market to get a few good pairs of dress shoes. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of McTavish in Tan and my goodness they are absolutely stunning!
The quality just looks and feels nice than my J&M (i know, i know...) shoes. I wore them today at work and they felt really comfortable and i received a lot of compliments. On a normal day at work i usually walk roughly 5 miles on tile and carpet so you can imagine how much use a pair of shoes gets.

Now lets see if I can figure out how to post pictures...



 

Welcome to the forum, @Mattikins.  I moved your post over here so the AE lovers can check it out and you can find one of the most popular threads on our forum.  Cheers.

post #68331 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Brown shell Cornwallis.


Those look great. May I ask how you acquired those. I asked Alison and my SA that I always deal with and they said no more MTO for now.

I really want a pair of rogue shells.
post #68332 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd1101 View Post


Those look great. May I ask how you acquired those. I asked Alison and my SA that I always deal with and they said no more MTO for now.

I really want a pair of rogue shells.


Thanks!  I got them as part of the recent cordovan trunk show.  Any normal shoe in cordovan with no uncharge.  I got a brown Cornwallis, black Strand, and brown MacNeil.  Just got the Cornwallis and Strand on Tuesday.  Still waiting on the MacNeil.

 

Here's a burgundy strand Rogue.  It's a great fitting shoe:

 

post #68333 of 70737
Love to see the black shell strand!
post #68334 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattikins View Post

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I am a first time poster here on styleforum. I have been lurking for quite a few months and have been in the market to get a few good pairs of dress shoes. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of McTavish in Tan and my goodness they are absolutely stunning!
The quality just looks and feels nice than my J&M (i know, i know...) shoes. I wore them today at work and they felt really comfortable and i received a lot of compliments. On a normal day at work i usually walk roughly 5 miles on tile and carpet so you can imagine how much use a pair of shoes gets.

Now lets see if I can figure out how to post pictures...




Wow, those look fantastic. I just received a pair of seconds and I can easily see why they were marked as such when compared to yours!
post #68335 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post


Thanks!  I got them as part of the recent cordovan trunk show.  Any normal shoe in cordovan with no uncharge.  I got a brown Cornwallis, black Strand, and brown MacNeil.  Just got the Cornwallis and Strand on Tuesday.  Still waiting on the MacNeil.

Here's a burgundy strand Rogue.  It's a great fitting shoe:





Beautiful! Would love to see the brown MacNeils.

I been watching daddyos reviews on youtube and have become a shell junkie. I have the brown strands and brown park aves, and burgundy macneils .
post #68336 of 70737
So when is the trunk show usually?
post #68337 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by polojock615 View Post

Brown shell Cornwallis.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

That's a fine-looking shoe!

 

Out of curiosity, how is the fit for you?  I'm not a great match for the 1943 last . . . 

post #68338 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattikins View Post

Hello everyone, my name is Matt and I am a first time poster here on styleforum. I have been lurking for quite a few months and have been in the market to get a few good pairs of dress shoes. I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a pair of McTavish in Tan and my goodness they are absolutely stunning!
The quality just looks and feels nice than my J&M (i know, i know...) shoes. I wore them today at work and they felt really comfortable and i received a lot of compliments. On a normal day at work i usually walk roughly 5 miles on tile and carpet so you can imagine how much use a pair of shoes gets.

Now lets see if I can figure out how to post pictures...



Are those "tan" or are they the current "cognac dublin" color listed on the website?

post #68339 of 70737

Brown shell Dundees today.

 

 

post #68340 of 70737
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexnb View Post
 

Are those "tan" or are they the current "cognac dublin" color listed on the website?

 

Those look like the Tan to me.  I have and love both the Tan and the Cognac

 

 

(I've cleaned my Tan pair up a bit since this pic... )

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...