Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAllen Edmondstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boottagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- itemAllen Edmonds Men's Wilbert Lace-Uptagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryBootstagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShell Cordovantagged by StyleforumRobot, 11/3/14
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Murlsquirl, 4/3/15
Related Forum Threads
- The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread Last post on 1/2/17 at 4:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Size 9 Shoes: Grenson Tassel Loafers and Tommy Hilfiger Oxford Boots Last post on 11/27/11 at 5:58pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 5:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- Saint Crispin Leathersoul 401 Utility Balmoral Boot Brown Calfskin Suede UK6 US7 Last post on 8/31/15 at 10:44am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- NIB Gaziano & Girling Canterbury Balmoral Boot Shell Cordovan MH71 UK11.5E $2,200 Last post on 9/13/15 at 2:32am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
Last edited: 2/9/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOsLast edited: 5/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... - Page 910post #13636 of 7073712/15/12 at 5:27ampost #13637 of 7073712/15/12 at 11:30amQuote:
Wow those turned out great! Too nice to hide in a spoiler, Congrats. I am still waiting on mine in truffle Dundee's.Quote:
Oh that is rubbing salt into the wound, I really wished I would have thought to keep mine during the 2 for $200 sale and just sent them back for a resole. Outstanding.Quote:
I have the black cherry Beckman, 9011 IIRC. As catside said be careful of the sizing. I ended up with a 9.5 and I normally take a 10 in AE. The featherstone leather takes awhile to break in. When new they can take awhile to put on and take off which was a pain. The tread however is amazing and it works very well for the winter. I was wearing mine last night with jeans when I stopped to see my son at his place for a few minutes and as I was leaving he said nice shoes. Stopped me in my tracks, he has never said anything before about any of my footwear. They do make everything AE look very sleek in comparison. When a lady I've been seeing for awhile first saw me wearing them she commented how much they made me look like I just got off a shift up on the Iron Range or a loading dock on the North Shore. Not sure if that was good or bad, I do like them though I like the fit and overall look of the 1K 744 a little bit better.post #13638 of 7073712/15/12 at 11:55ampost #13639 of 7073712/15/12 at 11:59amQuote:Originally Posted by Cold Iron
Wow those turned out great! Too nice to hide in a spoiler, Congrats. I am still waiting on
mine in truffle Dundee's.
Oh that is rubbing salt into the wound, I really wished I would have thought to keep mine during the 2 for $200 sale and just sent them back for a resole. Outstanding.
I have the black cherry Beckman, 9011 IIRC. As catside said be careful of the sizing. I ended up with a 9.5 and I normally take a 10 in AE. The featherstone leather takes awhile to break in. When new they can take awhile to put on and take off which was a pain. The tread however is amazing and it works very well for the winter. I was wearing mine last night with jeans when I stopped to see my son at his place for a few minutes and as I was leaving he said nice shoes. Stopped me in my tracks, he has never said anything before about any of my footwear. They do make everything AE look very sleek in comparison. When a lady I've been seeing for awhile first saw me wearing them she commented how much they made me look like I just got off a shift up on the Iron Range or a loading dock on the North Shore. Not sure if that was good or bad, I do like them though I like the fit and overall look of the 1K 744 a little bit better.
Actually cold iron was thinking of the black cherry to compliment a pair of 744 I have Jeff sending me.
Edited by Michael Haines - 12/15/12 at 12:12pmpost #13640 of 7073712/15/12 at 12:29pmpost #13641 of 7073712/15/12 at 1:13pmpost #13642 of 7073712/15/12 at 1:21pmpost #13643 of 7073712/15/12 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by GentlemanJohnny
I second this...Jay was very prompt and easy to work with. Due to the time difference (I'm in Germany and he's in Charleston) we worked everything out via email and now my new boots are on the way! Will post pics once they arrive. Also, don't forget to leave feedback on AE's website. (744 LTD boots)
Also, Kristle from Jeffersonville was just as prompt and easy to work with. (Krause boots)
Definitely will contact them after the holiday season dies down...
I'll third this. Excellent customer service, knowledgeable and patient. He helped me find a great pair of brown Clifton seconds. He's definitely won my AE business going forward.post #13644 of 7073712/15/12 at 1:40pmQuote:
Not sure but he emailed me earlier today so he may just be swamped....between the positive mentions on this site and walk-in customers I assume he may be a little swamped - especially with the holidays right around the corner...post #13645 of 7073712/15/12 at 1:59pmpost #13646 of 7073712/15/12 at 2:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by PK35216
I sanded the edge off my ebay vintage burgundy shell macneils and then used the neutral AE edge trim, mottled with some chili edge trim, and I love the results. Granted, I bought the shoes for $45, but it worked out great. You might consider taking some tape and protecting the bottom of the leather upper while sanding the trim so that you don't scratch while sanding. It's easy to do. I don't think I worried about the top of the welt.
PK, thanks for sharing. Not sure if your post was in response to my earlier post about considering doing the same to my Daltons, but your experience and pics are excellent input and help in my decision process.post #13647 of 7073712/15/12 at 3:37pmJust got my walnut cordovan strands. Pretty nice looking shoes, although have to admit they look more similar in color to my brown cordovans than I expected.
Can't complain though, b/c my brown cordovan strands are my most worn shoes. Also, for some reason my walnut cordovans don't have a "seconds" stamp even though I thought they were seconds, and there is no appreciable defect I can find.post #13648 of 7073712/15/12 at 3:55pmTruffle McAllister question for those of you that have them:
I had my local store bring them in for me. Like most stock shells from AE that I have seen, the finish a bit dull, but I could really see the potential. However there was far more appearance of burnishing and some streaking than I would have imagined. Especially along the sides. Is that normal for these or could that be the reason these are still around?post #13649 of 7073712/15/12 at 5:41pm
I don't have any direct experience with truffle, but I do with walnut, brown, burgundy and black shell from AE. The shell comes from the factory with a haze of oils over it. A good brushing will get rid of this, and it will re-appear any time you don't wear them for a while. It's just the excess oil coming to the surface.
As for surface burnishing, it's difficult to say without seeing them, but I will say it is unlikely that it will change dramatically with time or care.
If they are size 12D or 11.5E, however, you will definitely want to send them back and alert me... or just send them to me and I'll settle up with AE directly.post #13650 of 7073712/15/12 at 6:09pmQuote:
Gotta strongly disagree with you on this particular case, while you're right as a rule of thumb, it is definitely not the case for all shoes and all situations.
It is especially not true regarding the Neumok, if there was ever a balmoral that was meant for jeans, it is the Neumok. In fact, I'd go so far as to say they'd look a bit weird in slacks. This being especially true with the Blue/Red/Olive Neumoks.
By the way, Michael Haines, those are some very nice Neumoks you have there.
On a side note, I bought those shoe trees on sale from Jos.A.Bank for 7.50$, they sadly stretched out my Neumoks, they're unusable right now (the shoe trees, not the neumok). But as luck has it, I found some Alden XL shoe trees for 15$ at a consignment shop. Fits like a charm, slides snugly in while not stretching the leather. I really lucked out.
Please forgive the iPhone pic quality, it really doesn't do the rich navy blue justice, sadly.
Here are my Navy Neumoks today with (extremely) dark brown Levi's, my favorite combination with these shoes.
Edited by 0ShinAkuma0 - 12/16/12 at 8:59am
This thread is locked
- Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 45 seconds ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Winter Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 3 minutes ago
- › alden indy cigar, captoe cigar shell cordovan 3 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 3 minutes ago
- › Any good tailoring stores in Dubai? 3 minutes ago
- › NWT Eidos Lupo Full Shirt in Navy FW16 - Size Large 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...