or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Random fashion thoughts - Page 1511  

post #22651 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
its like everyone on SF has morphed into PauloM.
"omg this fugly hideous ermenegildo zegna patent leather faux checkered tweed jacket is ON SALE for $200 down from $8000! must cop"

if people here actually saved their money and bought the dope shit that I snatch up at the stores that will never make it to yoox, they would actually have decent wardrobes and wouldn't be flipping shit left and right.

lol $200 * 25 = 5000 = lanvin leather. i dont think i spend about 1/4th of that per yr on clothes total.
post #22652 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppllzz View Post
i still buy at 25% of retail wear for a while then sell at 30% retail

RLBL is pure markup which is why you are able to get all your stuff for 25% of MSRP. the clothing is designed by automated robot drones who pump out the same garbage each season but with shiny zippers and pocket placement following some pseudo-random algorithm.
post #22653 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
lol no korean celebs actually have money so buy whatever they want and look ridiculous in it
http://minusthevirus.tumblr.com/post/1201811283/gotdamn This might be the most ridiculously baller song ever. It's surprisingly catchy too (damned kpop!). Also confused how A translates to B (or vice-versa) given that many of the lyrics are names that wouldn't be translated?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #22654 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
RLBL is pure markup which is why you are able to get all your stuff for 25% of MSRP. the clothing is designed by automated robot drones who pump out the same garbage each season but with shiny zippers and pocket placement following some pseudo-random algorithm.

I actually have it on pretty good authority that the price/cost-to-manufacture ratio is between 10-12, which is pretty standard for designer goods.
post #22655 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
does anyone here actually wear clothes or do they just buy them and then return them/flip them on B&S 3 weeks later? i really feel like lots of people here have yoox oniomania.
don't really get this either... i kop at a somewhat glacial speed compared to most here, serves me well. I am one of those bottom-feeder types but I resist the urge to buy something that cheap vs something I truly dig and would wear.
post #22656 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
RLBL is pure markup which is why you are able to get all your stuff for 25% of MSRP. the clothing is designed by automated robot drones who pump out the same garbage each season but with shiny zippers and pocket placement following some pseudo-random algorithm.

i think the shirts look great. they certainly fit great and the fabric is quite nice (comparable to RLPL fabrics, which MC often claims is top notch).

post #22657 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
I actually have it on pretty good authority that the price/cost-to-manufacture ratio is between 10-12, which is pretty standard for designer goods.

... except Lanvin, the sneakers which cost $700 retail, but do not cost $70 to manufacture. (unless they have a $100,000 custom sole?) ( )
post #22658 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
does anyone here actually wear clothes or do they just buy them and then return them/flip them on B&S 3 weeks later? i really feel like lots of people here have yoox oniomania.

my favorite is buying clothes on a whim, liking them for a bit, stop wearing them but not sell them because i'm lazy, and eventually the market for them disappears and you're stuck with stuff you don't really want to wear
post #22659 of 109053
^ that's the classic. Then, once every three years or so, some goodwill or another gets some seriously weird shit in its bin.
post #22660 of 109053
Shit, Synthese is a 42? Buy my god damn ToJ moto.
post #22661 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
does anyone here actually wear clothes or do they just buy them and then return them/flip them on B&S 3 weeks later? i really feel like lots of people here have yoox oniomania.

That reminds me of this one guy on NT in the "baller" thread over there. This guys keeps posting his pick-ups, always these LV clothes and shoes but then you look at his ebay store and he is selling all of it, some even for more than retail. I think he literally wears the clothes and shoes once and then resells and then buys some more and it just keeps going in circles from there. I really did not see the point.
post #22662 of 109053
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Way too many purchases this month already! Plus, I think I'm going to buy myself a new TOJ DR for my birthday but yes it is my size and yes I have thought about it many times
post #22663 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by sq4you View Post
its like everyone on SF has morphed into PauloM.
"omg this fugly hideous ermenegildo zegna patent leather faux checkered tweed jacket is ON SALE for $200 down from $8000! must cop"

if people here actually saved their money and bought the dope shit that I snatch up at the stores that will never make it to yoox, they would actually have decent wardrobes and wouldn't be flipping shit left and right.

lol
He's a ninja now, ya know.
post #22664 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
... except Lanvin, the sneakers which cost $700 retail, but do not cost $70 to manufacture. (unless they have a $100,000 custom sole?) ( )

show me a designer that does anything remotely close to lanvin sneakers with the same quality materials and which consistently pushes the envelope in terms of new ideas/concepts.
rick owens may be the only thing close with balenciaga and raf honorable mentions.

lanvin are innovation drivers and that adds to cost too. 9/10ths of the sneakers that luxury brands are pumping out would never have come to fruition had it not been for lanvin's success on the runway over the past 10 years.

i do find it strange that you consistently attempt to convince everyone that lanvin sneakers are just machine produced crap. the soles are hand stitched on and each season, several have hand sewn details or pretty exotic materials like python. you never seem to question dropping 400+ bones on CPs which leads me to believe you are just playing devil's advocate.

most RLBL is pure filler crap; granted, some of their suits may be nice but for the same MSRP you can get way better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFX45 View Post
That reminds me of this one guy on NT in the "baller" thread over there. This guys keeps posting his pick-ups, always these LV clothes and shoes but then you look at his ebay store and he is selling all of it, some even for more than retail. I think he literally wears the clothes and shoes once and then resells and then buys some more and it just keeps going in circles from there. I really did not see the point.

LV needs to start a leasing business branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
lol
He's a ninja now, ya know.

are you serious?
post #22665 of 109053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthese View Post
Are we going to have to hug this thing out?



I think people are under the mistaken impression that I'm cuddly and uncontrol-sized

I would love, love, love to have that raf blazer.

No hate brother, I just don't get why people get worshipped.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Random fashion thoughts