or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread - Page 441

post #6601 of 13474
Which is the most distinctive Vass shoe? If you only could buy one to represent Vass on your shoe collection, which one would you choose?
post #6602 of 13474
IMO the OE2. Unique broguing
post #6603 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxer View Post

Which is the most distinctive Vass shoe? If you only could buy one to represent Vass on your shoe collection, which one would you choose?

 

Nothing says Vass as much as the Budapest (wingtip derby) in Budapest last.  Or maybe Alt Wien in 3636.

 

But then I like Vass in the Ugolini lasts even though the only Vass inside them are the constructions.

post #6604 of 13474
I like a round toe, and dislike a chisel toe.

Am I correct that I should narrow my Vass search down to the Peter, F, and Old English lasts?
post #6605 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

I like a round toe, and dislike a chisel toe.

Am I correct that I should narrow my Vass search down to the Peter, F, and Old English lasts?

 

Old English isn't a last, but yes. I believe the R last is also a reasonably round toe, but with a lower toebox.

post #6606 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by joiji View Post

Old English isn't a last, but yes. I believe the R last is also a reasonably round toe, but with a lower toebox.

Thanks, very helpful.

/Dumb American who's never tried Austro Hungarian shoes. nod[1].gif
post #6607 of 13474
The New Peter (P2), P3, 3636, and Budapest lasts are also round-toed. The ones most like classic English lasts are probably the R, F, and P2, although YMMV.
post #6608 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxer View Post

Which is the most distinctive Vass shoe? If you only could buy one to represent Vass on your shoe collection, which one would you choose?

 

I think anything in the Budapest or 3636 last is distinctively Vass.

post #6609 of 13474
Is the Norweger made on both the F last and Peter?
post #6610 of 13474
Also, any stockists in the US with a big selection? Doesn't look like Leffot has anything
post #6611 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Is the Norweger made on both the F last and Peter?
You can get the Norweger made on any of their lasts. AFAIK, there is no US dealership.
post #6612 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by chogall View Post

 

Vass needs to stay Vass, not a JL wannabe.  What's the point of having different companies making the same shit?


I disagree - I am not asking Vass to be another JL or Church wannabe.  Otherwise they'll be coming out with a new last & model every year.

And shipping half of their non-essential cheapo slip-on loafers to be made in Italy. 

 

My personal opinion to have a last to sit strategically in-between the U & F last. It's gonna be a personal and bespoke request when I 

see them in person. ....With Vass history and fundamentals in making shoes, I rather prefer Vass be making all the same shit I get

from EG, JL, GG at similar or superior quality and at much attractive prices. 

 

I don't think half of the SF readers here would give a flying shit about Vass and their traditional stuff, had it not been for their creaative collaboration with

Isetan/R Ugolino coming out with the original U/F last.  And mentally he done well to derive the K last.....although his heart and

bread & butter stuff on the old school design. 

 

I will challenge Mr Vass when I see him.  

post #6613 of 13474

I think you have a valid point - no other Austro-Hungarian maker has got the attention Vass has, and I agree that the reason is the unique mix of heavy, hand-made Hungarian shoes with striking Italian last shapes.  Of course there are plenty who like the traditional shapes too, but the Ugolini + AH combo is Vass's USP.

 

Regarding your suggestion, though, I'd suggest taking a look at the English-inspired R last before commissioning a whole new line for yourself!  It might meet the mix quite nicely.

post #6614 of 13474
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovelobbs View Post


I disagree - I am not asking Vass to be another JL or Church wannabe.  Otherwise they'll be coming out with a new last & model every year.
And shipping half of their non-essential cheapo slip-on loafers to be made in Italy. 

My personal opinion to have a last to sit strategically in-between the U & F last. It's gonna be a personal and bespoke request when I 
see them in person. ....With Vass history and fundamentals in making shoes, I rather prefer Vass be making all the same shit I get
from EG, JL, GG at similar or superior quality and at much attractive prices. 

I don't think half of the SF readers here would give a flying shit about Vass and their traditional stuff, had it not been for their creaative collaboration with
Isetan/R Ugolino coming out with the original U/F last
.  And mentally he done well to derive the K last.....although his heart and
bread & butter stuff on the old school design. 

I will challenge Mr Vass when I see him.  

lol, half?, 90% of people in this forum would not give a flying shit about Vass if not for U/F, and I'm being conservative.
post #6615 of 13474
Time for Vass to make the C last to sit between FU and K lasts.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread