or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Motorcycles - Page 255

post #3811 of 4799

For this bike, black looks the best to me, and it ain't even close...

 

 

post #3812 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Let me guess, you have never ridden in the dirt.

For many reasons, that bike is completely unsuitable for that task. It is a poser bike which is impressive to poser wannabees who know absolutely nothing about that kind of riding.

First, don't be a douche.

Second, I am not saying it is a match for my old KLR or even my MTS, but the guy rode it in the dirt, didn't have any real issues, and in fact said it proved more capable than he was expecting (and claims it actually managed to get places the other bikes had problems with).

So basically it would work for fire trail riding.
post #3813 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

First, don't be a douche.

Second, I am not saying it is a match for my old KLR or even my MTS, but the guy rode it in the dirt, didn't have any real issues, and in fact said it proved more capable than he was expecting (and claims it actually managed to get places the other bikes had problems with).

So basically it would work for fire trail riding.



Fire trails? What kind of bike won't go on fire trails? (Answer: Any bike can ride fire trails) To say that bike gets to places that other bike had problems with.. Sure, it will go places that a Harley Road King with street tires won't go so I guess that is correct.

I can use a machete to cut my steak at dinner, but that doesn't mean "That's what dining is all about".

Or I could put drag slicks on a Prius, but that doesn't mean "That's what driving is all about".

That bike is a street bike with knobbies, which greatly degrades its street capabilities, taking the dumbassity of it to an even higher level. It doesn't do anything well, except to look cool to know-nothings.
post #3814 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by SplasH View Post
 

Once you go black...

 

Just don't get it white. It's such a pain to keep it clean....

My car is black and let me tell you, I've never had anything so hard to keep clean. I thought white was supposed to be way easier...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI View Post


Is it the white with the blue triumph decal? I like that one...

Also - you keeping your cruiser?

See mario's STriple color post.   Yeah I'm torn about keeping my Speedmaster. After all the customization. The blood sweat and tears. I would hate to just get rid of it. Last season alone I spent, like, a grand on mods and hours upon hours of wrenching. But I'd pay off the Street so much faster with an extra 4-5 grand to start with... And I have a feeling that once I get a taste of performance like that, I wouldn't ride the cruiser too often anyways.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post
 

For this bike, black looks the best to me, and it ain't even close...

 

 

 

The black is sexy as hell. But the MFG pics of the gray don't do it justice...

post #3815 of 4799

That does look pretty good.

 

For me it depends what you're going to do to it.

 

If you're going to keep it mostly stock, the gray looks more sophisticated/mature. I like it.

 

If you're going to put an exhaust on it, or any other sort of conspicuous modifications, I think that'd ruin what the gray has going for it, and be better served on the black.

 

All IMO, of course.

 

I love white on cars/bikes, just not in this case.

 

I'd certainly take any of the three :slayer:  The bugeyes do look better with the windscreen.

post #3816 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Fire trails? What kind of bike won't go on fire trails? (Answer: Any bike can ride fire trails) To say that bike gets to places that other bike had problems with.. Sure, it will go places that a Harley Road King with street tires won't go so I guess that is correct.

I can use a machete to cut my steak at dinner, but that doesn't mean "That's what dining is all about".

Or I could put drag slicks on a Prius, but that doesn't mean "That's what driving is all about".

That bike is a street bike with knobbies, which greatly degrades its street capabilities, taking the dumbassity of it to an even higher level. It doesn't do anything well, except to look cool to know-nothings.

You seem to be pretty worked up about it... As if a motorcycle was about practicality at all anyway.
post #3817 of 4799
i still like the white especially with the red accents.
post #3818 of 4799
Quote:
Originally Posted by akatsuki View Post

You seem to be pretty worked up about it... As if a motorcycle was about practicality at all anyway.

Practical is a quality judged on a scale, not an absolute. Just as a Dodge Caravan is more practical and an Ariel Atom or Morgan Plus4, some bikes are more practical than others.
post #3819 of 4799
Just curious: I bought a new textile jacket last spring (my first mesh) and this week bought a new leather riding jacket. What was annoying about the textile, noticeable now, is that it fit perfectly without the liners but was snug and looked puffy with the waterproof and cold-weather liners. With the leather, knowing it came with a winter liner and that I'd likely want to layer it (I ride all winter, Chicago weather be damned!), and after the experience with the textile, I went up a size and it fits perfectly with the liner, bit large without. I can't recall having to size up on motorcycle jackets in the past, but my old jacket's been around since the turn of the century. Is that common now?
post #3820 of 4799
Could be a number of factors. Different manufacturers have different fits (Euro vs. American cuts) and I'm also guessing less care/focus was put into the fit of the textile jacket with the liners since it's designed to be a warm weather jacket.
post #3821 of 4799

Euro cuts are almost always slimmer/smaller than US cuts.  You'd be hard pressed to fit a sweater under a correctly sized Euro leather jacket with the liner in.

post #3822 of 4799
Hmm. The textile is an American make, and my specific model touts 3-season wearability (it's a Scorpion Hat Trick), so I'm surprised it does run a bit small but requiring you to use both liners during the winter is probably key to the problem. The new leather is more of a Euro cut/style than my old leather but I'm liking that - so much stuff is huge thru the torso with little (if any) drop, and that sucks for riding.
post #3823 of 4799
Are clothing sizes ever completely congruent between different models?
post #3824 of 4799
Mine:

ADE268F2-5E01-4C8D-9D5A-5AC9E2C366CD-425-0000001F06D69A15.jpg
post #3825 of 4799

Not my style of bike but that's pretty hot regardless.  If I decided to go the cruiser route, a bagger like this would be the way to go.  BUddy of mine bought the same model about 2 years ago and now he barely rides his sportbikes.  

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Motorcycles