or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Stoves/Ranges
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Stoves/Ranges - Page 9

post #121 of 153
one more thing: if you're going in for a good range, don't skimp on the hood. though i love my old o'keefe and merritt, a great hood vent is probably the best investment i've made (probably spent more on that than on the stove). having the whole house smell like roast chicken is great at dinner ... not so much the next morning.
post #122 of 153
Check Eurostoves for the videos on the BlueStar. It demonstrates the open v. closed burner advantages. The short answer is that closed burners push the heat out and up the sides of the pan.
post #123 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renault78law View Post
Check Eurostoves for the videos on the BlueStar. It demonstrates the open v. closed burner advantages. The short answer is that closed burners push the heat out and up the sides of the pan.

which for the type of cooking Dougie San as looking to do (as well as my spanish cooking), it's probably more benefical.
post #124 of 153
Worth asking about good value stoves/ranges (i.e., smalltimer) or just looking in another thread?
post #125 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Worth asking about good value stoves/ranges (i.e., smalltimer) or just looking in another thread?

please move along.
post #126 of 153
We have a 46 Thermador. I like it, though the oven takes a long time to warm.
post #127 of 153
Fine I'll just buy whatever the sales guy at Sears suggests.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #128 of 153
actually, you can do a LOT worse than kenmore. in fact, these high-end ranges are probably 2-3% better (i don't know how i quantified that). of course, on styleforum, people are willing to spend the earth for that extra 2-3%. doesn't mean you have to.
post #129 of 153
Thread Starter 
Kenmore Pro is a good value for the money, I think.
post #130 of 153
These are nice: http://www.bertazzoni-italia.com/Home.aspx My brother has one in a ferrari red. Provides interesting focus to the kitchen.
post #131 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarthewild View Post
These are nice:
http://www.bertazzoni-italia.com/Home.aspx



My brother has one in a ferrari red. Provides interesting focus to the kitchen.

they look nice but I think they are more style than substance, the sales guy at my place didn't even want to show it to me when I inquired.
post #132 of 153
one idea if you're shopping for major appliances is to try to befriend an appliance repairman in your area. I did (too late) and you should have heard what the guy who repaired our test kitchen subzero had to say ... that one brand was paying for his kids college AND his retirement. actually, we ended up pulling the one really bad one we had and replacing it with kenmore. keeps things just as cold.
post #133 of 153
Since we are talking about ovens and ovens go in kitchens, does anyone know of any good kitchen design websites?
post #134 of 153
What's the deal with infrared broilers? Are they better than regular broilers, and why? Can someone help me understand the concept? Are they gas or electric?
post #135 of 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
What's the deal with infrared broilers? Are they better than regular broilers, and why? Can someone help me understand the concept? Are they gas or electric?

I think the idea is that they are not hot to the touch, and require a particular kind of pot/pan to generate any heat.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Stoves/Ranges