• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Looking for a tan leather flight bag

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I could really use some help finding a good leather flight bag. I had my eye on the Onela one below, but he who hesitates is lost, and the company just liquidated its stock in preparation of dissolution! Something as close to this as possible would be ideal, in more of a camel tan as opposed to the tobacco colour shown here. Would like to keep this under $600. Any suggestions?

onela-flight-bag.jpg

instep

Reaction score
I didn't fall in love.

wetnose

Reaction score
Search for floto on ebay. Some really nice work, plus below your price point too.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
Search for floto on ebay. Some really nice work, plus below your price point too.

flotos look nice, but if you search on this forum, they have a bad reputation for being low-quality. A purchaser on this forum had a floto that fell apart upon recieving it.

aleeboy

Reaction score
Have you had a look at Coach? I have one in light brown, and I think they are of really high quality. Much better than, dare I say it, LV.

fox81

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
flotos look nice, but if you search on this forum, they have a bad reputation for being low-quality. A purchaser on this forum had a floto that fell apart upon recieving it.

that particular users feedback is pretty much the only negative comment about a floto bag, and that guy posted the same comments half a dozen times. there are a few positive comments on here about their stuff, and pretty solid ebay feedback as well. i have ordered a venezia duffle which is due to land this week, so ill try give you some genuine feedback after that. they have satisfaction guarantees so if youre not happy, you can send it back.

if you want to spend a bit more, tusting do some very nice leather duffle/travel/overnight bags

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Now you see, this is why I finally posted after lurking all this time. Tons of great advice, with only one exception.

Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
dude, F tan; go green! The RLPL is 700 and is f'ing stunning. RLPL FTW!!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Green leather makes Baby Jesus cry.

Originally Posted by wetnose

Thanks for a great tip. At $299 this one is absolutely a contender:

VeneziaSide.jpg

My only beefs are the contrast stitching and a lack of external pocket.

Originally Posted by Smahatma
this website appears to have that bag in the "camel" color

Much appreciated. The guy is checking stock and is going to call me back tomorrow. $380 is excellent.

Originally Posted by aleeboy
Have you had a look at Coach? I have one in light brown, and I think they are of really high quality. Much better than, dare I say it, LV.

This is probably my #2 choice if I can't get the Onela:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coac...$browse_lg_sq$

$648 is on the outer limit, though.

Originally Posted by fox81
if you want to spend a bit more, tusting do some very nice leather duffle/travel/overnight bags

Agreed, this one is like sex. But again with the no pocket, and at ~$700 too. If I'm paying that much, I don't want to crack the whole thing open every time I need my boarding pass.

fox81

Reaction score
boarding passes go in your jacket pocket. my floto one arrived today so i will pick it up from the post office tonight and let you know what its like.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by instep
I didn't fall in love.
I didn't either. It's a very nice bag, but RL gets a pass around here for just about everything. LV and the like get random "YUCK!" even in taiga, nomade, or utah... but a $3695 Rl doesn't get, "goddamn that's expensive!" I'd recommend to the OP to get the Lambertson Truex pebbled calf duffle that was being offered for around $200-300 in the Sales area. Great bag, great price, subtle styling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads