• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Country Music Appreciation Thread

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One of my favorite genres of music for sure (except for this fu*king pop-country bullshit you hear on the damned radio all the fuc*ing time, **** that would make Hank throw his fu*king guts up).

Such great poetry at times and its just good fun to listen to it.

David Allen Coe:

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Buck Owens:

Robbie Fulks:

http://jumpcut.com/view/?id=C2BA979A...B5000423CEF5B0

Has Hank III written or performed a bad song? The answer is no. This song reminds me of early last summer...good times. "Not Everybody Likes Us". with lyrics like "I think I'd rather meet the barrel...of loaded, double barrel shotgun...than to hear that ****, they call pop country music...on 98.1" and "Kid Rock don't come from where I come from...yeah its true he's a yank...he ain't no son of Hank...and if you thought so goddamn your ******* dumb" how can you not like it?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Banjo and Sullivan, "She Didn't Like me but she Loved my Money"

http://jumpcut.com/view/?id=1A92691C...17000423CF037A

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just heard a song from Two Nice Ladies I Spent my Last $10.00 (On Birth Control and Beer), "my life was so much simpler when I was sober...and queer."

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Can't.
Bring.
Myself.
To.
Listen.

What is it w/ you Dakota guys?
confused.gif
IIRC, teacher don't dig the blues!
crazy.gif

Originally Posted by LabelKing
I did a Country Music appreciation thread a while ago.

Yes, there have been past threads. Billie Jo S. started off LK's I think (Spears, not Shaver).....

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Townes Van Zandt
Joe Ely
Kris Kristofferson
Bob Wills
Guy Clarke my favorite one time resident of Monahans, Texas
Steve Earle also on the wire
Gamble Rogers
Larry Jon Wilson
Steve Young
Rodney Crowell
+1 on David Alan Coe my favorite murderer
Hank Williams
Johnny Cash
Billy Joe Shaver
Waylon Jennings
(Willie Nelson can go to hell.)
Dwight Yoakam
Reckless Kelly

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
What is it w/ you Dakota guys?
confused.gif
IIRC, teacher don't dig the blues!
crazy.gif

The Rube digs the blues.

I just don't like to hear someone droning (or, more accurately, twanging) on about losing his girl, his trailer house, his pickup truck and his dog.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
The Rube digs the blues.

I just don't like to hear someone droning (or, more accurately, twanging) on about losing his girl, his trailer house, his pickup truck and his dog.

You have the wrong impression my friend.

Vito

Reaction score
My musical priorities are: jazz (mostly 1950s and 1960s) and rock (mostly 1970s). I've never been able to get into country music. Just not my style, I guess.

But I'm familiar with the first generation of country-rock artists -- Flying Burrito Brothers, early Poco, NRPS, etc. -- because my older brother listened to them a lot when I was growing up.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"I Sang Dixie" by Dwight Yoakam.

Won't mean sh*t if you aren't a southerner in which case go to hell anyway.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For my money you can't do any better than Alan J.

Originally Posted by edinatlanta

Has Hank III written or performed a bad song? The answer is no. This song reminds me of early last summer...good times. "Not Everybody Likes Us". with lyrics like "I think I'd rather meet the barrel...of loaded, double barrel shotgun...than to hear that ****, they call pop country music...on 98.1" and "Kid Rock don't come from where I come from...yeah its true he's a yank...he ain't no son of Hank...and if you thought so goddamn your ******* dumb" how can you not like it?

^^^I love that song. From the same album (may be NSFW):

Originally Posted by edinatlanta
"I Sang Dixie" by Dwight Yoakam.

Won't mean sh*t if you aren't a southerner in which case go to hell anyway.

Might by my favorite Dwight Yoakam song.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
Might by my favorite Dwight Yoakam song.

Despite being a Dawg fan, I knew you was legit.

You coming to the meetup?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads