or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gitman Brothers Vintage - Page 200

post #2986 of 4112
What? MyHabit's selection of shirts were awesome and I have had no trouble with any of the ones I bought.
post #2987 of 4112
So far I've had one button fall off a GV shirt.
post #2988 of 4112

The one I got from MyHabit was pictured as a button-down, the one I got however wasn't even a button-down on the collar! And the collar was pretty small compared to my other GV shirts.
 

post #2989 of 4112
Did you return it? MyHabit is awesome, free shipping, free returns. It sucks that some stuff went wrong with the sale but no one had to lose anything.
post #2990 of 4112
The contrast weft shirt from this S/S looks so cool, but man, that is some coarse linen.
post #2991 of 4112
^I'm pretty bummed I didn't pick up the purple one. It looked so good, Roden had it for like $80 too
post #2992 of 4112
Barney's had it really cheap too. I bought it but returned it, to me it was a shirt that was really cool but I'd never wear it.

I really want to get the Floral shirt when it's a little more affordable haha.
I'm curious. Has anyone ever bought a shirt at retail? Which one?
post #2993 of 4112
I bought the SW dragonfly, purple floral, and purple llama at retail. Dragonfly ended up being on sale later on, purple floral was sold out by then, and llama will probably hit sales too. I don't mind a little extra for stuff I like.
post #2994 of 4112
The purple one looks incredible - even more so in person - but the fabric just seems so unfriendly to warm weather, which is ironic given you associate linen with being summer-friendly. No way I could wear it without a tank top under it.

edit: that said, if anyone is interested in the shirt, I'd probably be willing to sell at a pretty cheap price. Size large.
Edited by APK - 8/27/12 at 10:37pm
post #2995 of 4112
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

I bought the SW dragonfly, purple floral, and purple llama at retail. Dragonfly ended up being on sale later on, purple floral was sold out by then, and llama will probably hit sales too. I don't mind a little extra for stuff I like.

I've never bought at full retail but the way Ryan moves shirts I always get tempted then miss out. Will be better now that I'm in LA though and can see the shirt in person.
post #2996 of 4112
Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

What? MyHabit's selection of shirts were awesome and I have had no trouble with any of the ones I bought.

Agreed. I got a red oxford, green twill, grey tonal and Japanese cotton. All were fine.
Edited by irbe - 8/28/12 at 6:47am
post #2997 of 4112
Oh I forgot: I got 2 blue OCBDs from the MyHabit sale, and one came with a regular point collar, and one came with a club collar. I decided to keep it though, it's a little uncommon.
post #2998 of 4112
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevent View Post

I've never bought at full retail but the way Ryan moves shirts I always get tempted then miss out. Will be better now that I'm in LA though and can see the shirt in person.

He also gets different collars from most people, and I generally like them more than the common button down ones you see.
post #2999 of 4112
Post #3000 is a good one:

Yoox is now stocking Gitmans, limited sizes but the classic dishtowel from a while back is there
http://www.yoox.com/us/men/shoponline?dept=men&gender=U&textsearch=RALPH+LAUREN&season=E#/d=2018&textsearch=RALPH+LAUREN&dept=men&gender=U&page=1&season=E&ppp=40

Quote:
Originally Posted by g transistor View Post

He also gets different collars from most people, and I generally like them more than the common button down ones you see.

Yeah I'm mixed. Have the key collar on a few shirts, it's nicer when you put the shirt on but by end of the day it's always a bit crumpled.
post #3000 of 4112
We need more fall shipments already!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Gitman Brothers Vintage