• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton: Wear a Suit--Don't Look Like One

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Has anyone met this guy in-person? He is an ass.

I lol'ed.

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Has anyone met this guy in-person? He is an ass.

Why is he an ass ET? Lets hear a story
smile.gif

dl

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dl20
Why is he an ass ET? Lets hear a story
smile.gif

dl

No real story. Met him at the Kiton store a few weeks ago - he was rude and fancied himself as a know-all.

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
In that issue of GQ, he bragged about the reaction he provoked by wearing his tie wrong/reversed, (with the thin/blade end long and over the fat end), and that being the spark for his creativity.
confused.gif

satorstyle

Reaction score
Individually the pieces are actually nice, he appears to be trying to hard to be unconventional, he won't be with the company for long with those styling trends. The cuffs are turning me off as well they appear to be about 2 1/2 inches the equivalent of rolling up ones pants leg.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't know what all the complaining is about. I think he looks great. I love the suit, I love the shirt, I love the tie. It's not something I would wear, and it's not something I think most white people could get away with (something about the dark complexion works better with bolder colors), but he looks very, very good. His fit is excellent.

I think it's interesting to note that he has actually pretty much followed the pattern matching rules. In the photo, at least, the windowpane/plaid of the suit is subtle enough to give the impression of a solid, the stripes are of a large scale, and the pattern of the tie is different enough not to make you dizzy. Its one-dimensional color scheme is complementary without being busy.

On the other hand, I really dislike the shoes. It's one step too far. And while the tie thing is sort of interesting to see in one photo, I think it would be grating to have to be subjected to it every day. And the fact that he draws extra attention to it by talking about it is pretty pretentious.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember seeing him at a restaurant in midtown during lunch. I was quite unimpressed with his attire, although I don't for the life of me remember anything else about it.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He looks like fun in the pic but some of your accounts of interactions with him suggest otherwise. I can't say I like the look but he does seem to look confident wearing it.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't think it looks ALL bad, I think the pose goes well with the suit. If he was sitting in the boardroom or a courtroom it might look really strange, but he is obviously going for a specific look here. Despite that, I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay for Kiton. I've seen some expensive off the rack suits, and I've paid for clothes that I knew weren't "worth" what I was paying for them, but 7 grand is nuts. That's what they go for up here in Canada anyway, maybe its not so bad in the States.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WestIndianArchie
In that issue of GQ, he bragged about the reaction he provoked by wearing his tie wrong/reversed, (with the thin/blade end long and over the fat end), and that being the spark for his creativity.

Maybe there is a job opening for Eric Glennie at Kiton?

blahblahblah

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
7 grand is nuts. That's what they go for up here in Canada anyway, maybe its not so bad in the States.

Wow, is kiton really that expensive??? I don't know to what extent my spending limits evolve with income, but I am pretty sure for me the following make sense --> I think it is ridiculous to pay more than

~150 for jeans (and that's only becayse I got caught up with the selvage mania; 40 bucks Levis are just what jeans are all about)
~1-2 k for a suit (made by an asian MTM maker, naturally)
~150 for a mtm shirt (just because of the nicer fabrics available)
~ 50-70 for a tie
~ 300-400 for shoes

naturally, that's just me. Some people here would probably laugh on such cheapo tresholds. And I don't insist that these would not change if my income goes up, but right now I think there got to be some "absolute" limits - most of the world is living in poverty for crying out loud... I love good clothes, but what could possibly justify 800 $ jeans and 3000$ jacket, let alone $7 gs suit? if you actually make millions a year, I suppose, but even then habitually spending this much on clothes, along with the other expenditures that would accompany such a lifestyle could easily send you to the poorhouse (actually, it happens a lot)

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate that sort of fabric. Look how much **** he has to wear to try to excite it. Give me a plan charcoal suit and a white shirt anyday and I will look tons better. He is on the edge of looking like a clown. That stupid belt needs to be made into a purse strap. Let's pretend he's wearing Men's Wearhouse and Addidas. Does anyone like the look now?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads