• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shoes With Character

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
Wow, you bought shoes that already looked like that?
eek.gif
crazy.gif

Yup & I'm glad I did. Paid $10 & it turns out they are Edward Green for RLP. Super vintage. Worn like once.

They really look like this (after about 40 all-day-wearings by me):

......002.jpg

An ever earlier version of the ones in my avatar (which go for $1,600)

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think ig go for different laces though ...

Never liked flats for dress, they belong to cassuals & sneakers imo.

(l post some shoes ive just had resoled by the weekend)

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
I think ig go for different laces though ...

That was my first thought, but look at how big the lace holes are, any other laces just won't do.

Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
^what a great looking pattern in the toe!!!

It's a thistle
smile.gif

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they still have the thistle pattern available?

BTW, I like the side detail as well. It really kicks it up a few notches in a subtle way.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
Those are fantastic! I think I saw that pic before, maybe on another forum? Limmer has been in the back of my mind for a while. I like the idea of hardcore boots that with proper care will outlast the owner. Lifetime boots!

At the rate I do the serious hikes now, you might have that right.

I'm unworthy of what these boots can still do on the trail. I got these boots in my early twenties....I lusted after these in college and couldn't afford them right away....all of $150 or so. The wait list is now about 7 years loing for the true bespoke model made in Intervale, N.H., and my turn came up two years ago for my second pair, but I just can't bring myself to have them fitted only to have the boots stuck on a shelf.

Limmers also make Austrian style Goyser welted wholecuts with angled V opening....real ass kickers when paired with the deep luygged Vibrams and black scotch grain. Worth a ride into the Whites to check them out. Peter Jr. is the guy to get fitted from.

andyw

Reaction score
Here are some older Alden's that are treasured friends.......all shell except the brogued derby and each return vistors to the Alden factory for restoration. The monk is 15 years old, resoled three times.

well-kept

Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw
Here are some older Alden's that are treasured friends.......all shell except the brogued derby and each return vistors to the Alden factory for restoration. The monk is 15 years old, resoled three times.

What color did the NSTs begin as? Cigar or Whiskey?

All of them are beautiful and well cared for. Nice to see.

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by well-kept
What color did the NSTs begin as? Cigar or Whiskey?

All of them are beautiful and well cared for. Nice to see.

Cigar.

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw

Very nice, sir.

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Very nice, sir.

My compliments on the Vass Budapest - Oxford! Now on my lust list....in shell. And I like your Budapest avatar!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads