• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

riveroaks

Reaction score
Fucken fedex dumbass delivery person - too goddamned stupid and motherfucken lazy to follow instructions.

I should use my AK.

Ringo

Reaction score
1. HR. Why are these people always the dumbest, laziest people in a company that never really do anything, yet when you need them to do something for you, they're too busy, get pissed at you for having to come to them so that they actually have to do their jobs, and act as if you, someone with a front office job, are far inferior and less significant. I really don't get it. I mean talk about a cushy job and all. There's really no reason to be so pissy.

2. New hires. While I admit that I probably was not a superstar when I first got out of school, some of these kids are so lost when it comes to making decisions based on common sense. Our new hires often come to me for any questions they have, so I get to see a wide variety of ****. One of the more recent ones:

Analyst: "The only way I can get this excel tab to fit on one page is to change the print zoom adjustment to 20%. Is that ok?"

Me: "Can you still read it?"

Analyst: "No."

Me: "Is this something for the client?"

Analyst: "Yes."

Me: "Then it's not ok. If it's going to the client, it's probably a good idea to format it so that they can read it, no matter how many pages it has to be on."

I mean seriously, do I have to explain that to a 22 year old who's been working for 6 months?

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ringo
2. New hires. While I admit that I probably was not a superstar when I first got out of school, some of these kids are so lost when it comes to making decisions based on common sense. Our new hires often come to me for any questions they have, so I get to see a wide variety of ****. One of the more recent ones:

Analyst: "The only way I can get this excel tab to fit on one page is to change the print zoom adjustment to 20%. Is that ok?"

Me: "Can you still read it?"

Analyst: "No."

Me: "Is this something for the client?"

Analyst: "Yes."

Me: "Then it's not ok. If it's going to the client, it's probably a good idea to format it so that they can read it, no matter how many pages it has to be on."

I mean seriously, do I have to explain that to a 22 year old who's been working for 6 months?

Speaking as a new hire, I often make the conscious decision that it's better to ask ahead of time than to trust my complete lack of experience on a decision that might have actual consequences later, especially if it's important. The lesser of two evils, to be sure.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Google Toolbar now decides to stop me from opening links in new windows even when I am shift-clicking on them to do so. Thanks a lot. I can't seem to figure out how to kill off the Google Updater service, but basically, every time they have "upgraded" it, it's gotten worse.

Also, Firefox has huge memory leaks and I'm tired of fanboys for it telling me how silly I am for using IE. Yeah, it sucks but at least it's not using up 100MB of memory for two mostly-text tabs being open. And yes, of course it's the latest version. FF kids are almost as bad as Apple people in their utter denial and smugness. (No offense to any unsmug Apple people with full awareness of their problem.)

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
going to a thrift store where nothing is in order of size

going into a thrift store where the good stuff, shirts and jackets are on stacked racks so its either killing your back looking at the bottom stuff or breaking your arms looking at the top stuff

On the plus side, those things make it more likely that good stuff will be there for the serious thriftist rather than culled by the amateur.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Okay, this is some dumb, dumb stuff. Google toolbar now blocks... GMAIL CHAT WINDOWS. Congrats guys. You've got a winner.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Google Toolbar now decides to stop me from opening links in new windows even when I am shift-clicking on them to do so. Thanks a lot. I can't seem to figure out how to kill off the Google Updater service, but basically, every time they have "upgraded" it, it's gotten worse. Also, Firefox has huge memory leaks and I'm tired of fanboys for it telling me how silly I am for using IE. Yeah, it sucks but at least it's not using up 100MB of memory for two mostly-text tabs being open. And yes, of course it's the latest version. FF kids are almost as bad as Apple people in their utter denial and smugness. (No offense to any unsmug Apple people with full awareness of their problem.)
I use FF on a Mac, so there. I'll add... getting a DVD to play in Linux. f00k.

Hugo

Reaction score
My Xbox 360 ***** up my games (scratches them and whatnot) but since I am playing this awsome game atm, I don't want to hand it in for repair.

Why wouldn't Microsoft just do it right?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been at this job a year, you'd think people could remember to put me on a mailing list when there's a big meeting coming up. Thanks guys. I realize Mr. X is the go-to guy on these issues, but I work under him and need to learn this stuff too.

I'm not really pissed so much as I am frustrated.

b

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by breakfasteatre
going to a thrift store where nothing is in order of size

going into a thrift store where the good stuff, shirts and jackets are on stacked racks so its either killing your back looking at the bottom stuff or breaking your arms looking at the top stuff

Thanks, you've just reminded me to go thrifting this weekend
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

JB

scarface

Reaction score
My brother wears a Ed Hardy hat. I wanna kill myself everytime he wears it.

Also, school sucks and SATs are gay.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scarface
Also, school sucks and SATs are gay.

Yeah, those math questions about when you and your partner buy a vacation house on Fire Island asking you to calculate interest rates and stuff are a *****.

Or did you mean something else? Like a 10 year old?

b

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member