• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Yet another reason to NOT shop at Nordstrom

jsherman02

Reaction score
So for the last 6 months I have been "fighting" with Nordstrom regarding the quality of my HF/Burberry sportcoats I purchased last spring. (6 of them.) Every one of them has started to fall apart after very little wear time. They are all pilling and literally falling apart.

I contacted the mens manager who I bough them from...falls on deaf ears...then the store manager...same deaf ears.

I finally get ahold of Bob X who is the regional manager in Chicago and lets me also know that he is an executive VP as if I am impressed by that .... he tells me that my expectations are too high and that the store where I shop as well as Nordstrom the company is tired of dealing with me all together. He goes on and explains to me that salespeople all cringe when I walk in.

Not only did I find this insulting, I wish someone would have said something last year to me so that I would not have had to had all thse issues with these HF coats and could have purchase Zegna like I should have.

I will no longer shop at any Nordstrom and will never suggest them to anyone. I have also contacted HF who refers me to ...Nordstrom. They both lost my business.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
So because the jackets Nordstrom sells don't work out for you, it is their fault?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, that's all very surprising. Do you have any other history with them by chance?

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn-- I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. I've always liked nordstrom for their service and attention, but I don't purchase any tailored clothing from them.

I wonder if you might send your hickey freeman clothing to the NYC store, and detail what needs to be done/ changed, repaired and ask them to call you with the cost-- but also relate your story to them, and that you feel cheated on what you considered a quality made in USA brand of fine clothing.

JR88

Reaction score
From my experience Nordstrom has great customer serivce. Is this simply a case of a decently, but not exquisitely, crafted article showing wear after six months of moderate use? That's not Nordstrom's fault.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JR88
From my experience Nordstrom has great customer serivce. Is this simply a case of a decently, but not exquisitely, crafted article showing wear after six months of moderate use? That's not Nordstrom's fault.
Well it depends on what the OP meant by "falling apart". A button coming loose is one thing, but it the jackets are coming apart at the seams then there should be some cause for alarm (assuming the jackets were well cared for).

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
So because the jackets Nordstrom sells don't work out for you, it is their fault?

I tried to deal with HF direct....they only allow you to deal with the place you purchased them.

So indeed YES, since I purchased items that are falling apart from NORDSTROM, they should figure out a way to resolve it...

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Well it depends on what the OP meant by "falling apart".

yep, does a sleeve just fall off the jacket while you're eating lunch? There has to be more to this than what's written....I've had ****** $35 Target blazers last long enough with abuse thrown into them.

jsherman02

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Well it depends on what the OP meant by "falling apart". A button coming loose is one thing, but it the jackets are coming apart at the seams then there should be some cause for alarm (assuming the jackets were well cared for).

The seams were falling apart...I was not asking Nordstrom to replace the jackets, simply repair what they considered to be faulty. Their repsonse was...just normal wear and tear...which cannot be further from the truth. My items are all handled and kept with incredible care...not to mention, I have only had these issues with HF.

Holstein Bilter

Reaction score
I returned two bottles of bvlgari cologne at Nordstrom.

Because I didn't have my receipt..the cashier and manager looked me up and down as though I was a criminal.

Nice touch Nordstrom. Class.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread is useless without pictures.

jsherman02

Reaction score
The reason this even started was because I was headed to Florida and needed to put together some work "outfits" and noticed that the jackets looked tired and had issues with pilling and poor assembly on the shoulders.

No the sleeves did not fall off at lunch, but when I am spending $1000/jacket I want them to last me more than a few wearings.

I have had Zegna jackets that are 5 times as old and look 10 times better than the HF ones.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Was this Nordstrom or Nordstrom Rack?

Having to deal with customer service issues I am often skeptical of customers and their lofty expectations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads