• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nantucket Red
He's not the one who posted that, genius.
Touchy. Unlike some, I don't pay all that much attention to posters I don't much care for.

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
The thread was amusing enough while it lasted, but how hard it is for those who are jonesing for cheesecake photos of Asian women to find them on the internet without the aid of this thread?

The voice of reason as always. That's a good point that should be rather obvious.

dokelroth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Touchy. Unlike some, I don't pay all that much attention to posters I don't much care for.
Je suis d'accord. Touchiness has no place on the internet. It just isn't that big a deal.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
You could make a very effective case for 'why didnt Matt clean it sooner' - my fault, totally...basically I never looked at that thread for three reasons...

1. it was full of big pictures that meant every page took forever to load on a Vietnamese internet line
2. it was populated by half a dozen dudes staring at Asian chicks, and had remained generally good natured for a long time and
3. if I want to look at Asian chicks, I will go downstairs and open the gate. Vietnam has about 42 million of them, so the internet is the last place I will look.

As to the future of the thread - unfortunately it will have to be mod sanitised.

Amerikajinda can clean up his own posts, but cant edit everyone who quoted him, all the shots back at him and so forth.

I simply dont have the time or the patience to do it. I have a job. So shoot me.

If one of the other mods wants to take on the project, then it is sitting in squirrel and easily can be cleaned there. I wouldnt hold my breath for that though...it is a big job that would have to be done post-by-post before reinstating.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Am I the only person here not creeped out by Amerikajinda?

Count me too... I find the anti-amerikajindas creepier

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nioh
What was the big deal besides the personal intrigue between NR and aj? Certainly you shouldn't delete a thread because of some harmless ramblings. I'm quite disappointed.

+1, and besides that thread contained serious @$$ it deserves to live !!

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I'm not. I find his naivete slightly amusing. I think he was just being a dumbass for the sake of being a dumbass, just like I often play a dumbass, and just like conne plays a dumbass(any time he talks about politics or ireland
lol8[1].gif
). Maybe he was bored (ok maybe he's bored a lot). I don't know and don't really care. I certainly think people were a little too sensitive about some of the stuff he posted in that thread. it's clear to me that he wasn't trying to offend anyone. I'm white as can be and i was not offended. Seriously, if people are offended because some 18yo with a keyboard says that they're not able to recognize true asian beauty, well....
baldy[1].gif

Now the surgery pics were pretty nasty, but he was clearly just trying to get a reaction after everyone was starting to pile-on to him. It was a bad idea because that just increased the meaningless chatter. Juvenile? Yes. Ban-worthy? No. Was it worth nuking the best thread ever? Hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeellllllllllllllllllll no.

As for the father of an asian girl... I'm pretty sure that we objectify all women equally. Jinda just has more free time than our Swiss friend, or else there would be another thread with big-boned white girls.
devil.gif

Jinda has repented so bring back the thread and let him self-edit his posts so the mods don't have to waste their time.

I agree with all your points and I also have expressed that on the thread many times.

I find kind of normal for a teenager to become obsessed with some subject and not be able to manage things with maturity... that comes with years and experience. I remember so many stupid things I made when I was 17, good grief !

What I find gross is to suggest that such a boy is a freak and have stalking and criminal tendencies for no reason.

and about that one last point. I don't want to offend the big-titted blonde fathers in the forum.
laugh.gif
.. God bless their socks !

dokelroth

Reaction score
The recent posts in this thread need some
group_cheeses.jpg

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
You could make a very effective case for 'why didnt Matt clean it sooner' - my fault, totally...basically I never looked at that thread for three reasons...

1. it was full of big pictures that meant every page took forever to load on a Vietnamese internet line
2. it was populated by half a dozen dudes staring at Asian chicks, and had remained generally good natured for a long time and
3. if I want to look at Asian chicks, I will go downstairs and open the gate. Vietnam has about 42 million of them, so the internet is the last place I will look.

As to the future of the thread - unfortunately it will have to be mod sanitised.

Amerikajinda can clean up his own posts, but cant edit everyone who quoted him, all the shots back at him and so forth.

I simply dont have the time or the patience to do it. I have a job. So shoot me.

If one of the other mods wants to take on the project, then it is sitting in squirrel and easily can be cleaned there. I wouldnt hold my breath for that though...it is a big job that would have to be done post-by-post before reinstating.

Make me mod for a day after exams and I get back from peru. I promise that I will behave and will only look at the NR thread!!!

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Am I the only person here not creeped out by Amerikajinda?
I'm not. AJ has a barrow he pushes, and he sometimes pushes it too far. Same with a lot of other folks with their own barrows.

If you're going to start a thread devoted to pictures of Asian women, can you really be surprised if it degrades into objectification of them? That process started with post #1.

There is a lot of hyperbole in a lot of threads in this forum, and I don't find the "Asian girls" postings any more objectionable than the incessantly tiresome jibes about homosexuality, which belong in a junior high school locker room.

If you're going to time-out anyone who goes OTT, there would be nobody left.

PS. Some here have criticised AJ for not knowing anything about what he's talking about. Reading some of the descriptions of him above, it's plain that many of his critics have no idea what AJ is like either. Their complete misconception of him tends to devalue their criticisms IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads