• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What food/snacks available in Canada not available in the US (and vice versa)?

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity...

I've been told that Ketchup and "All Dressed" flavoured chips are not marketed/sold in the US... As is Coffee Crisp...

What others do you guys know of?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have, canadian milk, here and also, x-mas trees (only of Dec.).

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No one in the states has a clue what Poutine is. That would be a big seller in the South if you could somehow deepfry it.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
No one in the states has a clue what Poutine is. That would be a big seller in the South if you could somehow deepfry it.

Perhaps some, adventure capitalist here, could back our 1st, Poutine kiosk.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheHoff
There's a small neighborhood bar that also serves food located two blocks down the street from me, and I'd say that they are most known for their poutine.

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
I've been told that Ketchup and "All Dressed" flavoured chips are not marketed/sold in the US

I recall purchasing a canister of ketchup flavored Pringles (and then later regretting it.) A flavor called "all dressed" is too broad to be very descriptive, but it sounds like it could be similar in purpose to the "loaded baked potato" flavor.

Speaking of which, are baked potatoes consumed in Canada? Never recalled seeing them on any menus.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by p.trick
Speaking of which, are baked potatoes consumed in Canada? Never recalled seeing them on any menus.
Yes they are. Baked potatoes are most often served with steak. Smarties (similar to M&Ms) are not available in the US.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Milk bags. Such a strange yet interesting concept.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
Milk bags. Such a strange yet interesting concept.
Hell, bags of milk aren't available in BC either... I was like WTF when my friend from Ottawa told me about them.

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is a candy in the U.S. called Smarties, but it is nothing like M&Ms. That may be why we don't have the kind of Smarties you're talking about.

Also, I've seen a couple brands of ketchup flavored chips. The one I tried was awful as, I assume, were the others.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You serious? Ketchup chips are AWESOME... at least the Lays and Old Dutch ones are...

Does the US have Kit Kat?

tonylumpkin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You serious? Ketchup chips are AWESOME... at least the Lays and Old Dutch ones are...

Does the US have Kit Kat?

We do have Kit Kat.

My response to ketchup chips and your response to ketchup chips are the reason they make so many flavors of chips.
smile.gif

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You serious? Ketchup chips are AWESOME... at least the Lays and Old Dutch ones are... Does the US have Kit Kat?
Ketchup chips were available for a short while here, didnt sell well (then again I am near the Canadian border) Kit Kat in the us are mediocre compared to Japanese KitKat. Japanese kitkat taste like they use half way decent swiss chocolate rather than black chocolate flavored wax, like in the US. That and the amount of flavors that are available is staggering (Matcha, Wine, Blood Orange, Sakura, strawberry, fruit parfait, just to name a few)
Hell, bags of milk aren't available in BC either... I was like WTF when my friend from Ottawa told me about them.
In Highschool they tried to market sacks of milk to us kids. Everyone absolutely hated them. So much that all the kids boycotted drinking school milk till the cartons came back. FrenchFries and Gravy is not readily available down here, neither is McDonalds Pizza. I recall having BBQ flavored Doritos the last time I was up in Ainsworth. Those were really good.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads